1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Official Announcement] Injected Thermoplastic miniatures

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

What’s the last one you’re looking for? Also, when you call bingo does the thread win or is it on a player by player basis? I’m starting to think I should have put money in…

A Mão Esquerda and Cthulhu363 like this.
  2. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

i'm looking for someone to call someone else a racist or any kind of bigot. By the time BINGO is called, the thread is usually locked. Next time i'll send you a PM to put money in the pot.

3. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

The thread also had some really valuable comments from an actual expert in the field, It still has valuable messages in it.

4. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

I love how the well known toxic trolls pose as arbiter decorum, call for moderator action and then presume to decide themselves when a thread has run its course and needs to be shutdown.

So excellent :D

5. Cthulhu363

I don't remember you calling for the thread to be locked....

6. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

nothing stop the members to start a discussion about the new material in a new post and not in the official annouce thread

chromedog likes this.
  7. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

and that is said by a "person" who claim that personally attacking other members is a bad thing, but still do anyway if it is necessary
    oh, man, your photo must illustrate <hypocrisy> in the dictionary

8. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

This is a popular thread. Topic will only get diluted further with each new thread. Also, allowing for thread derail to be a tool to end a thread leaves such mechanism wide open for abuse. More so, because new topic is usually created by the most invested users, it usually ends up extremely one sided and this leads to shit hitting the fan instantly, nothing really changes. Nothing good had ever come from a new topic to continue closed thread.
    God, how I wish there was a proper moderation and penalties here. Speaking from experience as someone who actually got banned from the forum in the past.

9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

As far as I can recall, good examples of vostok have been shown in this forum and in this thread, though I am not going back 45 pages to look at, bad examples have been shown too and as with any defective product the expectation is to ask for a replacement, preferably with a photo and description of what is wrong and the quality control number, in order for things to be checked.

My expectation is that as with everything else new CB did in the past it will become better and better with time and experience.

As far as my experience goes, as I said I assembled quite a few models the past few days, scraping with blade in one direction and then the other in the same move improves scraping mould lines with this material, in contrast with the one direction scraping I am used with metals, as far as the models went they were casted on par with what I would expect from metal models, they just take more time to be prepared than metal models.

For the thread, what can I say, posters have been instructed to be polite and agree to disagree, I do not know why I need to repeat it, some posters have passed the line multiple times and this is not going unnoticed.

10. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Yet returning parts until everyone gets full miniatures that only require some sanding seems to be a good way to get the message across. Way better than refunds, as the poor shops are not involved (just show them the parts, so they know what is going on). You know "we got X money from sales and spent Y money on replacements... uhoh! Y bigger than X... and what do you mean we had to send multiple times the same part to the same person?" should raise some eyebrows and make some faces blush around CB. (ô_Ô;;)

11. Nuada Airgetlam

Communicating displeasure on the Forum does not cost me inordinate amounts of time on the turnaround of several copies of the mini and effort of documenting the faults and making claims each time - or convincing my customers to do that themselves and instructing them how.

12. Gwynbleidd

I can sympathise (I’ve worked in retail before) with having to tell many people over and over again the same thing. It gets tiresome and it can feel like a waste of time. In all fairness though if your customers can’t follow an instruction as simple as sending an email to the correct department then they have other issues that go far beyond a defective miniature…

Cthulhu363 and chromedog like this.
  13. Nuada Airgetlam

It's a lot more about them not aware of the system, very often new to it, that they have to take a pic of the mini and the paper slips together, that they have to keep the slips, that they need to keep a certain exact format of the data CB wants, etc - the process itself is about as customer unfriendly as they get, if somebody isn't a long time CB customer. Most companies it's enough to send a pic with "shit's broken, plz fix". Not here.

14. Gwynbleidd

I have to strongly disagree here. First with the process you’ve described. The system used is not dissimilar from that used by other companies with a small twist in the number system used. I’ve used the mispack service a few times and not ever have I had to send a photo, only the number that came with the mini. Twice I didn’t even give the correct number for the miniature, just described the box and it’s issue and where I bought it. Each time the problem was dealt with quickly and professionally. It’s about as customer friendly as can be with regard to emailing someone.

The process isn’t difficult and it doesn’t require a lot of time to complete per person. It also doesn’t require you to be a longtime CB customer for it to be successful. It’ll work regardless of who you are or how long you’ve been buying CB products. If a customer can’t send an email and wait patiently then they have far more to worry about than their toy being defective.

Most other companies will indeed replace a broken item, on this I will agree. There’s no difference between them and Corvus Belli in this regard, however. Each company will likely require proof of purchase, which is where the number slip system used by CB comes in. It’s proof that it’s their item, you don’t need to show a receipt of any kind. They don’t really care where you bought it (unless you don’t have the number in which case state where the purchase was made) and will replace it. Other companies also follow the “not caring where it’s bought” trend and require only proof of purchase, usually in the form of paper receipt or email receipt, which is a fair thing in retail and isn’t limited to miniature companies.

15. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

It is a simple system that helps improving quality control and identifying issues, I see no problem in its complexity.

16. Gwynbleidd

:point_up:

A Mão Esquerda and chromedog like this.
  17. Cthulhu363

If you send them the email and tell them you lost the piece of paper with the number on it, they'll still replace it. This isn't rocket surgery.

18. Nuada Airgetlam

Yeah, sure dudes, keep gaslighting everyone. I'm telling you it's been time consuming and annoying having to explain the details of this shit to dozens of customers, some of them did it incorrectly still - but you tell me "it's simple and has no complexity".

Different company (let's say, Games Workshop or board game companies like Awaken Realms, out of those I've RMA'd with recently):
    "Send us a pic of the issue and we'll send you a new part, no problem".

Corvus Belli:
    • find, identify and copy the model's reference number from the CB website (very often not where the customer bought the item)
    • don't mistake it for the barcode, it's a different number
    • it does not have a common format, it can be "Ref: 282016-0910" but it can also be "CBARI049"
    • describe your issue in detail
    • give the quality control number from the paper slip
    • but remember that the WHITE number is for the box
    • but the BLUE number is for the particular bag, not a particular mini, if the mini came in two bags, give the one from the correct bag
    • provide a picture of the miniature along with the packaging ("IT'S VERY IMPORTANT"), if you got rid of the packaging you're fucked
    • provide your personal data for postage
    To quote: "ANY COMPLAINT WILL BE NOT ACCEPTED IF THE PREVIOUS TEMPLATE IS NOT FOLLOWED."

source: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/en-missing-pieces-quality-control-codes-tutorial.26928/

Stop lying that "it's enough to say what the issue is and only the paper slip number is required, no pictures needed". I've literally been refused a fucking missing HMG Grey backpack replacement when I did it this way, had to provide all the bullshit above and a picture of not only the miniature with no backpack, but also the packaging for the miniature.

[​IMG]

Who the hell usually keeps every single mini box or blister in case something happens? What kind of a requirement this is? What other company requires seeing the packaging? I've met no other one that has such stringent requirements on RMA and such an involved process.

"Simple system" my ass, ludicrous.

19. Gwynbleidd

Nothing of what you’ve described here is true and is likely why people think that your statements about 30+ Vostok’s being miscast are erroneous.

To state once again: you don’t need the code in the box to get a replacement. You can just email the team. Games Workshop does NOT do this. They require a receipt and it must be from a GW store for a return or refund. Any miscasts or missing pieces must be reported to Games Workshops team via email (in a similar manner to how CB handles it) and a receipt of sale provided.

The system is simple. You have a problem so you email the team, providing a code if possible. It’s not necessary. You do not need to send a picture but can if you do wish. The issue will be resolved and if you haven’t already, you provide an address so your part can be sent to you. It is NOT a difficult system.

I invite any CB employee here to address your “fucking missing HMG backpack”. I’m sure they will do so with professionalism and ease. You are quoting a forum post on how to use the mispack system whilst we are all speaking from experience with the system in question.

20. Cthulhu363

Nuada, i've sent for a replacement part for a model they don't even produce anymore, didn't have the slips of paper and they still replaced it. If you or your customers can't send an email with photo attachments, I don't know what to tell you. It's really just sending an email. God damn....

Alfy, Dragonstriker, RAF and 6 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation