1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Official Announcement] Injected Thermoplastic miniatures

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

You're going to have to apologize, I guess?

I don't need to run an archive of every single faulty model that passed through my workshop - or the hands of my customers and didn't reach my table because I told them to RMA the shit out of it.

And then I get yet another copy and it's a fucking meltneck, in my own hands. In October, when those were supposed to have been withdrawn from trade by CB.

2. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

It’s the “teapot halfway to Mars” conundrum. If you say there’s one then the onus is on you to prove it. Now with a single miniature you’ve done that but the issue that people are having here is that you’ve stated that 30+ have been defective and it is this proof from you that they’re seeking.

Similarly, other users who report good results or defective results should need to supply evidence if so requested to do so.

However, If you therefore claim you don’t need to issue evidence to support this then others similarly don’t need to provide evidence for their statements at which point everything would need to be taken at face value and as stated.

#862 Gwynbleidd, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  3. [sarcastic mode on]
    That someone in this forum criticizes without providing any evidence that can verify the criticism and also despises the opinion of those who do not applaud their criticism?

You are trying to deceive me, I can't believe something like this could happen. ¬¬
    [sarcastic mode off]

4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Especially if the claim being made is out of sync with folks’ personal experience. I don’t play any faction with Siocast models currently, but several of my friends and our local players do. To a man they’ve expressed their opinion as “different, needs the proper care, but no better nor worse than metal”. When that’s the baseline someone has (and I don’t think I’m that atypical) there’s a strong tendency to be skeptical of opposing claims, particularly extreme ones.

Morray and Gwynbleidd like this.
  5. Nuada Airgetlam

There's an abundance of posts here with pictures of Vostoks, meltneck or separate head variant, with inexcusable faults of casting. Show me at least one pure, well cast Vostok, because I've been asking since October and haven't been shown one yet. Only thing happening is "I got a good one and my mates didn't complain". Which is hilarious, right after the denialism of "show us pics or we won't believe you had any faulty casts at all!" xD

6. Gwynbleidd

Asking for one well cast Vostok per bad casting that has been shown either by yourself or someone else is a fair request especially considering that you have supplied at least one set of images that display a Vostok with issues.

The problem that is occurring is that you have stated that you’ve seen over 30 bad sculpts and have not produced the evidence to display it (I will apologise here if you have earlier in the thread.). You may feel that you do not have to but then, similarly, after every bad Vostok picture has been responded to with a good one, others have the right to not supply evidence for stating that their Vostok was good (or even bad).

The other issue is based upon your statement of 30+ Vostoks passing through your hands that had faults. I haven’t seen (I’m not sure if anyone else has) any independent in the UK reporting minis with problems of this magnitude which I believe is why there is “disbelief” in your statement.

#866 Gwynbleidd, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  7. Nuada Airgetlam

@Gwynbleidd
    Even if I were willing to accept the premise, this means that we'd have to first see not one, but about 8-10 maybe not perfect, but at least a reasonable 90% fault-free Vostok castings. I've yet to see one. We've been shown poor castings, bad castings and shit tier castings. We've been shown broken tails replaced with two broken tails. We've been shown meltnecks replaced with meltnecks. All in this thread, not to even mention all other Infinity communities like all the Discords and FB groups. Just here, at least match the badly miscast Vostoks with at least as many premium quality, virtually flawless ones. Then, at your premise, we can start believing it's a 50/50 "out in the wild".

So far, I do not believe they exist at all. And we've already seen, in the same conversations on this Forum, people claiming "hey, I got a perfect one!" and showing pics which turned out to have horrible faults. Therefore the worth of "I've seen only good ones and my buddies as well!" is zero. The photo evidence so far is overwhelming towards "CB cannot cast a Vostok straight even if their lives depended on it".

I will be over the moon if it turns out in January or February that after half a year (!) since the announcement was made, the process was improved so far that all or virtually all Siocast minis arrive perfectly cast and with no issues greater in severity and volume than what we're used to with spincast metal from CB.

Somehow, I'm not expecting either.

Abrilete likes this.
  8. Gwynbleidd

A fair statement. My point was only that if an argument is made for something and there is no evidence to support it then there is no requirement to believe it. For example you and others have given examples of bad Vostok’s in the wild, so your request for evidence of Vostok’s with little to no issues is fair given others statements. However if you say something and do not give evidence to support it then the counter argument doesn’t require evidence either. That’s all I was getting at.

I will wait patiently for the next set of siocast minis before I make any judgement on them (though I’m still waiting on my bearpode). Like you I hope that Corvus Belli has improved with their siocast and that any issues are no worse than what we see on the metal minis.

9. Nuada Airgetlam

Well, if people in this thread said that it would be different. What they did was the "You're lying, you've never talked about your studio, you're not hiring other people to subcommission for you, you need to prove everything your said with pictures or else it's not true" sort of 100% denialism, even though I've had my commission service in my sig and a painting thread here and I've talked about it before, they can't know who the hell I work with, etc.

That's what you've arrived into, that's how the "conversation was", certain well known trolls with their "nanananannananana, I can't hear you! Don't belieeeeve youuuu!" and fingers in their ears.

:unamused:

Abrilete likes this.
  10. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Funny how you think if we had the ban hammer, you'd still be here. How many times have you directly insulted other members, staff, CB employees and the game itself?

11. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not a fan of my money being used that way. I paid, I expect a product. Seems a bit heilcorporate in here to be arguing otherwise.

12. Cthulhu363

And there's the Nazi reference. Called it!

13. Nuada Airgetlam

We seem to be in a minority here.

And a quality one, but that seems to be beyond many users here and what you hear in return is
    "BUTYOUGOTAPRODUCTRETURNIFFAULTYORGETAREFUNDSTOPCRYING."

Let's not be afraid to call it what it is - being a willing shill working for free.

Mogra and Lucian like this.
  14. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

Don't play the partisan. For all Nuada and Kanluwen's rampant negativity and conflict seeking, people like A Mao are just as bad at the other end of the spectrum. :neutral_face:

15. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Like hell they are. GTFO with that crazy moral relativism.

16. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

17. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

I'd say this topic is a rather important one. On top of that every time an important topic gets closed due to attempts at derailing it, leads me to believe that derailing a topic is the best possible way to get it closed. This shouldn't be a default go to option, or something to ask for. Seriously.

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I agree that the topic is important, but at the same time, unless they start being a lot more liberal with the banhammer closing the topic is the best we can get because the topic is not useful nor important if all we get out of it are people drawing lines in the sand and taking turns stepping over them.

chromedog, RolandTHTG and Gwynbleidd like this.
  19. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Well, the original goal of the thread was announce the new plastic miniatures. It is done. Thread can be closed

chromedog and Gwynbleidd like this.
  20. Cthulhu363

And there's the 'corporate shill' reference. One more and i can call bingo.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation