1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triple Azra’il QK Meme List...?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by wes-o-matic, Apr 21, 2021.

1. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

Is this the sort of thing you’d ever do, and if so, what would the list look like? Max AVA Azra’il sounds fun on paper, but... how even?

Sedral likes this.
  2. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I've got a double Azra'il list that I'd like to try in vanilla that might not even be a total meme, but three is a bridge too far even with the hilarious prospect of a Janissary doctor to pick them back up on full wounds...

And yet...

Sedral likes this.
  3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Challenge accepted! It takes a Yu Jing player to see the potential lol. Actually I do QK too but not for a long time. I would actually use something like this for Frontline, Quadrant control, or other area controls missions. This is one of the few forces that can even get close to having three of this type of troop and get up to this many orders. This is not possible with Al Fasid, Yan Huo, or Sogarat (big guys with big guns).

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    AZRA'IL AP Heavy Machine Gun / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 40)
    AZRA'IL Feuerbach(+1B) / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 44)
    RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle, Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 14)
    GHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    GHULAM (Hacker, Hacking Device) Rifle, Light Shotgun ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 16)
    GHULAM (Lieutenant) Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
    GHULAM (NCO) Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 15)
    GHULAM Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
    GHULAM (Doctor [+3]) Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    NASMAT PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4
    HAWWA' (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, Flash Pulse, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    HAWWA' (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, Flash Pulse, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    DRUZE (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Pitcher, D-Charges ( ) / Viral Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

AssaultUnicorn and Urobros like this.
  4. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

I'd go with 2 feuerbach, so you can use all 3 very effectively in coordinated orders. When you want something really, really dead.

5. Space Ranger

I had the thought of specific missions in mind and putting the two HMG into suppressive fire with a coordinated orders. They will be really hard to deal with. The Feuerbach doesn't have a Suppressive fire mode.

6. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

In N4 I only played with 1 AzRa'il - at least for now ;)

But in the times of N3 we had a 350 pts YAMS tournament and I went totally FAT - got both versions of Fasids and both versions of AzRa'ils and Jan Akbar Doc and Tarik LT (to get the needed +1 SWC). With the support of Farzan CoC, Barid AHD and Barid KHD plus Krakot. And it was such a fun to play. Lost only 1 game, won 2...

So I definitely support the crazy idea to take few Fatties to the battlefield!

PozdRawiam / Greetings

7. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Just tried this in Frontline, dropping one hawwa for a couple of YY; and it went very bad due to dice. Enemy flash bot constantly making all its saves! Even saving against B3 FBach. I ARO critted someone else with FBach and the enemy troop passed all ARM !? NCO GL within 24" also missed on 8 and/or enemy made his ARM. Triangulated fire got beaten by a higher dice. I had no one to doctor, they were going straight to dead (except the azra'il, they'd take 1 W first, then next order go straight dead.)
    I would swap an Azra'il for fiddler, but then it wouldn't be a 3x Azra'il list anymore.

I'll try again. I'm sure if dices were more average it could be fun. Or if I could win Lt roll and deploy 2nd :)

#7 Robock, Dec 7, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  8. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

QK is a meme, even with only one Azra'il.

sololobo likes this.
  9. Space Ranger

Yikes! That definitely sounds like planets aligned to pull dice.

Robock likes this.
  10. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

For missions like Panic Room or Frostbyte they could be something hard to take down. I play one pretty much in every list I made with vainilla, and the conclusion is "nobody wants to be hited by one of those guys if they can avoid it". So, probably, 3 of them will made the rival to take bad choices. Of course, if you were facing a Nomads player with a lot of repeaters and hackers, it will be happy but if not...

AssaultUnicorn likes this.
  11. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

Eh, the low BTS makes me worry about putting an Azzie inside the panic room. Anyone able to reach the 24" center of the table (which won't be too hard because of the infinitely high walls blocking LoF) with a hacking device will force Azzie out of the suppression fire for a reset. Better to have a firewall'd AP Rifle Janissary in there.

Robock likes this.
  12. Space Ranger

I modified the list I previously made a little bit to deal with hackers. While not as good Nomads. Haqq hackers are not bad. I took out the Druze and add Sharif who can duo with one of the Az. Then changed he Rafiq to the FTO version that can also Duo. I upgraded a Hawwa as well to hacker. Then, just because I had points, I took Ghulam with E/M mines and repeaters.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    LEILA SHARIF (Hacker) Shock Marksman Rifle, E/M Mines, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 20)
    AZRA'IL Feuerbach(+1B) / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 44)
    RAFIQ REMOTE FTO Red Fury, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 20)
    GHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    GHULAM (Hacker, Hacking Device) Rifle, Light Shotgun ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 16)
    GHULAM (Lieutenant) Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
    GHULAM Rifle, Light Shotgun, E/M Mines ( | Deployable Repeater) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    GHULAM Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4
    GHULAM (Doctor [+3]) Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    NASMAT PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)
    HAWWA' (Hacker, Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 26)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Mechanokrat and Robock like this.
  13. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

I have to try out Azra'il haris. Not necessarily having all 3 in the same 8"-16" table area, but they can be padded with wildcards. Also, we can have 2 haris.

14. Space Ranger

If you don't mind not having the +3 to discover there's lots of great combos.

RAFIQ REMOTE FTO Red Fury, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 20)
    SEKBAN Heavy Rocket Launcher, Chain-colt(+1B) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 21)
    3.5 SWC | 81 Points

15. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

That is why we have Rafiq FO bot :)

Space Ranger likes this.
  16. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Played Annihilation with azra'il haris (HMG, FB, FB) with ghulam core (leila + hafza Lt + NCO/Doc/N2) and a few Hawwas, YYs and Fawanees .

It went okay. Blizzard removed the +1B ARO, I should have paid more attention placing them :(
    1 Feuerbach took a wound turn 1 (enemy free MBH rolled sniper booty and outranged it), and lost the other Feuerbach to Fiday in a trade (Fiday was mainly going against my core team, a miracle that leila and NCO survived), I moved the Azra'il duo out closer to ghulam core. Reformed the haris to add Leila. Lost another Feuerbach turn 2. Used NCO order to get the hafza to jump down the building. Reformed the haris once more with Azra'il HMG, Leila, Hafza and pushed out. On final turn my Azra'il got stunned and wounded. In exchange, Leila's E/M Mine bricked enemy HI. So I then used my Hafza Lt to try to kill it but I forgot my Azra'il was not dead, simply Stunned, and I allowed the enemy Rafiq to ZoC Dodge closer and it then shotgunned by Azra'il :( A stupid mistake on my end.

I really liked having +1B on HMG as well as reforming the Haris by grabbing Wildcard standing not too far.

YYs didn't do much, and I had too many sitting orders on group 2 (Najjarun, Fanous x2, Hawwa, 2nd YY). Although Hawwa infiltrated near enemy camo, was happy to be able to trade with the enemy Hawwa HD camo. My own Hawwa HD did suprise attack through enemy Rafiq but tied dices against Barid Trinity and I lost it during his active turn. I think I should have put both Hawwa in 2nd and have both YY in first group. Also, now knowing I used hafza to refill Azra'il link, I should have placed it better to expedite that tactic. He was on rooftop being my Lt...
    Shoutout to a flash bot needing a 4 against Hortlak AP Sniper and surviving several orders over several turns (surviving through to the end of game).

edit: as i'm think if a janissary core would be better than azra'il haris; one thing i noticed is that haris, even at S5, is much easier to move around than a core

#16 Robock, Apr 11, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation