1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The un-BEAR-able wait is over!

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by colbrook, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

The part where few people have the skill or patience necessary to do good quality conversions with metal parts, duh?

Having the option to swap an arm like on the Mowang kits is something anybody can do to get a desired result.

Pierzasty likes this.
  2. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

I think we were discusing using spare parts for conversions...

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  3. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

It was triggered by the idea of with providing an extra arm for the bear. Just like the 2*2 boxes, different arms fitting the same body. But this time only one body in the box and one arm going unused by default. In all cases, the parts fit without any extra work, vs having to cut parts (weapon grip, around hand of model, etc) and make everything match.

4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

No, I started the discussion, and I was referring to optional parts to represent alternate profiles that CB already does with certain other kits such as Dronbots or the Mowang who comes with 4 different arms to choose from, 2 pistols, a Multirifle, and a Spitfire.

#84 Triumph, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  5. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

So, anyone have their bearpode yet? I'd be interested what the casting quality looks like.

6. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Mine has been delayed :sob:

7. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

Ok so bear friend has arrived today, I'd say it looks pretty good, flash seems negligible to nonexistent but there are more what I think are injection ports than I would expect. Doing a quick uncleaned "fit check" nothing appears to be egregiously miscast or sized, if it is at all (sorry no pictures there, only the two hands and I don't have blue tac) I'm not noticing any bad bends or other flaws in the mini either so happy with how it looks overall right now. PXL_20211203_001451146.jpg PXL_20211203_001510689.jpg PXL_20211203_001533350.jpg PXL_20211203_001549599.jpg
    PXL_20211203_001556358.jpg
    I'll let you know how building goes once I get a 20lb cat off my lap and find the hobby knife I misplaced.

Errhile, Ugin, Rizzy and 4 others like this.
  8. saint

Ok so assembly done, there was a bit of a mold line around the back collar that I got rid of as much as I dared/cared. The only parts that I think are a little ugly was the spoons of the smoke grenades and the space in between the heads of the Trench Hammer, but I still hold that those are largely fine if not ideal.
    PXL_20211203_012738124.jpg PXL_20211203_012750946.jpg PXL_20211203_012801073.jpg
    All in all looking for to getting this beast painted and on the table.

Errhile, Ugin, Gwynbleidd and 5 others like this.
  9. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Well-Known Member

I see you have the same gap as i do between the body and cheast piece on the modesl right side (hammer side).
    I cut of most of the "knob" (dont know whats its called in english) on the body and it fit better after that, not perfect but good enough.
    Already exchanged the BSG for a Chain rifle, the BSG was easy to remove and clean.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  10. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

@saint
    Are the lower chest piece and elbow issues you making the initial cut too close and the material crumbling or did you cut clean and it still was like that underneath? What are you planning to do about the other mould lines, especially the one across the whole arm and face?

11. Gwynbleidd

Looking really good. I hope mine turns out as well as this. If it ever turns up. Please post pictures when it’s all done. If the 20lb cat will let you…

12. Gwynbleidd

Whose chain rifle did you replace it with? Was it a spare from an antipode or did you 3D print it? I’m looking forward to converting mine, glad to hear the weapon comes off easily.

13. saint

To the first part I'd say most likely cutting too close to the edge, still figuring out how to work with the material. As for the mold lines, a little light scraping with the knife, maybe a little more force applied on the dull end, see what comes off. if anything proves particularly stubborn I'll see if i can get creative, or just leave it if it doesn't look too bad, mold lines aren't a terrible bother for me personally, tend to get lost once the paintings done.
    Maybe i'll see if i can necro my old painting thread, having a much better time uploading things from my phone recently. The cat generally loses interest after a few minutes, as i am not paying enough attention to his magnificence.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  14. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

Thanks for the detailed pictures. The mold lines over the face irk me a bit. Yours is better than the other one I have seen, tho. Also, you missed a bit on the left pauldron and the underside of the left arm.

15. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Well-Known Member

I 3D printed it, the Dog-Warriors chain rifles are too small since the bears hands are around twice the size.

This is the first to try it out, same size as the one on its back.
    Made a new one with som changes for the final one since i wasnt really happy with this one where it fits to the hand, and i unnecessarily dammaged it att the back.
    And yes is missed a mould line :)
    IMG_20211130_210808121~2.jpg

#95 Bobblehead, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    RolandTHTG and Gwynbleidd like this.
  16. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Technically casting one off Duroc could work.

17. Gwynbleidd

Very cool. I thought the antipodes ones may have been a bit small for the job. As @Nuada Airgetlam says, casting/using the ones on Duroc may work for others, he’s huge.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation