1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The un-BEAR-able wait is over!

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by colbrook, Sep 10, 2021.

1. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I unironically use the shotgunbear far more than the chainriflebear. I keep putting both in lists and it's never the latter that does the work.

That said CB releasing the 'wrong' weapon profile options for models is like a decade-old meme at this point.

Errhile, Cthulhu363, Zewrath and 2 others like this.
  2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I'm more confused by the fact that the box doesn't come with an optional arm for the bear. Siocast supposedly being far cheaper in production costs, this seems like the perfect place to start doing this and the Bear's sculpt is easily compatible given the left arm is entirely separate from the body.

csjarrat, Mob of Blondes and Modock like this.
  3. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Not with Bueu Accounting, it is like Hollywood Accounting, but for miniatures.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  4. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

you still have to invest in the machine and the knowledge to work properly with it. It was said since the 1st day; this transition is to keep the prices at the actual level, not to make products cheaper.

saint and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  5. Triumph

The point being if the cost of adding an extra arm is significantly cheaper if you do it in siocast instead of metal, it wouldn't cause an unreasonable price bump to start doing more kits with optional pieces as opposed to metal.

More kits like this would also help them keep the SKU bloat down too.

Pierzasty, Modock and csjarrat like this.
  6. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

That does not contradict that other companies managed to do things cheaper with the new method. They also had to buy the machines and learn. They just decided to pass the savings achieved. CB decided not to. Not even by adding some extra parts.

SKU bloat could be new smoke grenade.

7. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

CB have demonstrated time after time that they don't care about sku bloat lol. They say they do and then directly contradict themselves in the release schedule and box designs

Errhile, Mob of Blondes and Pierzasty like this.
  8. fari

Honestly, i prefer to not have extra pieces. I HATE having arms and weapons that i'm not gonna use

saint likes this.
  9. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

But... extra bits! They’re always useful. I used to love the spec ops that came with extra weapons, they let me convert stuff.

10. Triumph

Uh, yeah you'd be in the minority. Extra parts have been a long running community request that's been mostly shot down over cost concerns with metal.

csjarrat, Modock, redeemer and 3 others like this.
  11. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Yeah, this is a common thing that happens when a popular profile of a trooper overshadows the others.
    It's still a Bearpode that will wreck face, despite the 'wrong' profile. The same is true for many other units in the game.

This not always the case though.
    After multiple attempts of running the SMG Libertos instead of the LSG profile, I cannot justify the former over the later.
    The difference in their performance, role and impact is night and day due to the loadout and equipment.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  12. fari

remember when in tournament packs they included spec ops weapons bits? Absolutely NO ONE in my community want them. We threw to the garbage hundreds of this...

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  13. Triumph

People threw out hard to convert metal parts instead of properly sculpted optional parts such as the pieces that come in packs like the support REMs and S5 HI kits? What a shock.

You're being a disingenuous fanboy, but to spell it out for you we were clearly talking about real parts not random weapons that would require a person to carefully cut metal and sculpt with putty for a conversion.

#73 Triumph, Nov 30, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  14. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

As it has been said in the past, beyond extra cost for metal, there are other considerations that make extra parts not an easy option, modular sculpts are more blunt, need more time sculpting, casting, more time shorting out, need extra space for storing, weight more in shipping ectr.

They happen by chance sometimes or as a design in the 2 models 4 options kits, but they are more expensive for usually less awesome models.

Gwynbleidd and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  15. fari

Is funny that you call me fanboy when in all the circles i am they know me as the hater

16. Gwynbleidd

Nooooooo!!! At the very least attempt an eBay sale with them! My heart aches at this. The conversion capabilities lost... :sob:

17. Gwynbleidd

I actually emailed the team that deals with mispacks about this and they said much the same. They had considered in the past a system where parts could be ordered but came up with the conclusion that it would be a nightmare to implement and deal with.

18. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

I still have some. And one of the fun things was when we helped bring Bostria out to a local tourney, we got some really rare ones, so I have a collection of ALEPH HMGs, etc., and have been able to use some of them.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  19. Gwynbleidd

My envy is at an all time high. Those Aleph bits are like gold dust to find!

20. fari

well, what's the diference between using that metal bits for coversions and an optional arm not designed to fit other figures?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation