1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show me some Medoza lists!

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Spooky, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Spooky

Spooky Active Member

I picked up the new MO box and Mendoza and I want to have some fun with him but making lists has proved difficult to give him the support he needs. Anyone have anything that has worked well or any cool stories of him in action? Been thinking of pairing him with a Peacemaker and backed up by the KoS KHD and Trinitarian MSR.

AssaultUnicorn likes this.
  2. D_acolyte

D_acolyte Well-Known Member

What is your meta like? He can be a horror in suppression.

3. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

I'm so deathly afraid of taking him, and the first order of the game is some hacker or repeater in the midfield bricking him.

QueensGambit likes this.
  4. Spooky

Spooky Active Member

I haven't played in like two years. Anyone playing in Toronto or online?

5. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Dude, Toronto is totally active. Are you in Toronto but not on the facebook group? They had their first in-person tournament recently. Also yes, there's been a ton of online play throughout the pandemic.

6. AntipodeanBolt

AntipodeanBolt PanOceanian Hypercorporate Delegation Secretary

I usually pair him up in G1 with a G2 Koths NCO. They transition between which is my reserve drop - if Mendoza went down first he was to pressure an opponent to deploy to in a spot where the Sepulchre could ping them. And if the Koths went down first he could prompt an enemy to not deploy in that lane allowing Mendoza to slip in under his fire support. Mendoza is fairly solid and if some put a repeater nearby he just sat outside 8” and just Spec grenades.

Zw9taWxpdGFyeS1vcmRlcnMVU3VwcmVtYWN5L0FjcXVpc2l0aW9ugSwCAQoBhhoBAwAChhkBAgADhhgBBQAEGAEFAAWGGAEBAAaDAwEDAAckAQEACCYBAgAJJgEBAAqF9wEEAAIEAR0BBAACEwEBAAMOAQEABCUBAQA=

You can support him with an Evo bot with Fairy dust also

7. D_acolyte

D_acolyte Well-Known Member

If you can take an evo repeater and through up a fairy dust when you can then. He is somewhat resistant to being immobilized, two roles damage 13 vs bts 6. If you really fear it then bring an engineer or have him be your reserve model.
    At least in my meta midfield hackers are becoming rarer.

Any list I give you would be meaningless because your meta will be different from mine and in a way that you do not know. Mendoza is a designed mid to close range combatant which will eat other models alive. Be careful of models with MSV as they will ignore the mimetism which is strongest aid in surviving. If you need to run at an enemy and you do not want to shoot him you can dodge on 16 and will move 3 when you do. Pass that I like the multi rifle much more then the shotgun, the multi rifle is an ap power 14 shot up to 16 inches out and if they fail the save they have to continue taking it. You can send him into cc if you want but I feel he is better shooting.
    He is an independent attack piece that can also be a choke point guards in a game where core fireteams are a thing so if you have only ever thought about taking a core fireteam to fight a core fireteam then his usefulness will have a steep learning curve.

He may be slightly better in vanilla because of actually having midfield hackers and killer hackers but that is a toss up.

AntipodeanBolt likes this.
  8. AntipodeanBolt

AntipodeanBolt PanOceanian Hypercorporate Delegation Secretary

Mendoza for those who haven't truly encountered him in full flight is a bit of a wild card. He operates like a normal HI but at the same time is akin to Teutons. Those who have seen him in full flight make sure to divert the appropriate assets to get him removed from the table. Though if he starts to win the ftf's then that's resources your opponent is wasting. Because his Continuous Damage just keep deleting things off the table. and if it's a bad shootout for him then he can just dodge his way around to a better position. Drop into Suppressive in cover and be imposing -12 on the opponent.

Mendoza has soaked almost a turn of shooting from a Marut, and Various other units saving the rest of my forces. Then on the other side has proceeded to leave my opponent's minis in a burning ruin.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation