1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Hunter: Human Sphere

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by AssaultUnicorn, Nov 13, 2021.

1. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

[​IMG]

Let's discuss. If possible, let's avoid derailing the thread towards the I'm-sick-of-NBW territory.

Last time I've seen profiles like these was a Corregidor Bandit. This one looks interesting, kinda moving towards the Liberto territory, but not that much. The White Banner profile looks pretty powerful. They're not impetuous, but they also have little to no special dodge skills to avoid taking damage. They look like a heat-seeking missile that is meant to trade upwards. If anything, they appear to be more capable than the Diggers thanks to camo marker, not being hackable and having a tad bit larger deployment area. Mines are still a problem for them as far as them going through the midfield is concerned, but they are extremely fragile and any MSV sniper will ruin their day. If you want to hold midfield with them – you can trade with the Flamethrower, you can place a mine, or you can try and dodge the attack to engage the enemy in CC, although that would simply impose a face-to-face roll which you will be likely to lose if it's your reactive turn. I think they can still Super-Jump even while camoed if I got the Camouflaged state rules correctly, so this makes them interesting as far as reaching for rooftop skirmishers is concerned.

#1 AssaultUnicorn, Nov 13, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  2. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hey look, a profile that didn't randomly get Booty. But this one I feels like it would've made more sense to bave Booty than the digger.

Forward Deployment +2" is very weird, I guess it's just enough to save themselves from BTV.

First profile is neat, the other ones are decent. They're all very samey other than the first one. Kinda similar to the Liberto, but quite a bit more expensive and not necessarily better.

Mahtamori and AssaultUnicorn like this.
  3. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

EDIT: looks like the Spanish version of the same picture says it's Forward Deployment +20 cm (that's 8").

[​IMG]

Elric of Grans likes this.
  4. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

the 9 pts profile feels like powercreep. the other options that have the +2 deployment seem borderline useless for a skirmisher area of denial type of model but the price is super low so I guess it is fine.

Lady Numiria and Abrilete like this.
  5. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Agreed. I was reading the profile, I took a look at the points cost, and I was like "OK, not broken, might use someday".

Then I saw the 0 SWC Minelayer. HeavyFlamethrower, Panzerfaust, AP mines, OK-ish Close Combat stats, Mimetism... for just 9 points and 0 SWC you've got a nice and expendable tool to protect your Deployment Zone. Not OK, even if it is Irregular, as you'll probably have a few Command Tokens liying around and waiting to turn that Order into Regular.

redeemer likes this.
  6. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

It's gotta be +8", doesn't it? It's just 20cm not edited properly.

AssaultUnicorn, Abrilete and redeemer like this.
  7. AntipodeanBolt

AntipodeanBolt PanOceanian Hypercorporate Delegation Secretary

The PanOceanian one in SWF will potentially look to leverage various mine laying profiles to play a shell game through the Minelayer Varg, and the Nokken, and in a pinch Uma Sorenson's Camo profile, or the Kunai Ninja.

The minelaying Varg and Nokken are more likely the two I can see who might be able to help this guy do some shenanigans. Just make sure you don't spend his irregular order cause that'll give the game up. Though in Vanilla where if you take Joan and thus he becomes regular he's gonna sing.

8. Moxie

Moxie Well-Known Member

Pretty sure once your turn starts and you do your order generation step in which its open information that you have an irregular order there that will not really work like you want anymore but its a good idea if you are going second since they will not know what you are doing before the order generation step.

9. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

It has been confirmed by CB to be FD +8" - the "+2" is an error. It was on their social media (instagram, I think).

10. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

That 9 point minelayer looks SPICY, especially for Vanilla PanO w/ Joan LT.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation