1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regeneration + Transmutation(W) + Symbiont Armor

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Achelon, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Achelon

Achelon Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have a doubt I hope someone with "powah" can solve.
    upload_2021-11-10_13-1-37.png

This is the profile of the Taqeul, in Tohaa.
    He has a Symbiont Armor profile and an Inactive Symbiont Armor profile.
    He has Regeneration on BOTH profiles.

So, in N3, Symbiont Armor had its own rules, but now they follow the Transmutation(W) rules.
    Nowhere in Transmutation(W) says anything about being able to "regenerate" wounds on previous profiles, because this is the only case where it can happen (and the Kiel-Saan with Biochemistry).

However, Taqeul presents an special case.

He has Regeneration, which in N4 has changed from a rule that activates when you are unconscious, to a rule that you can activate in the last Phase to see if you regenerate 1 Wound.

My question is:

- Can the Taqeul, having lost 1 Wound and being in the "Inactive Symbiont Armor" profile, activate Regeneration to recover 1 Wound and re-activate the Symbiont Armor?

If the answer is "Yes", which PH would use, the Inactive Symbiont Armor one, or the Symbiont Armor one?

I'm asking, because it's the only profile in the game that has the Transmutation(W) rule and Regeneration.

2. Muad'dib

Muad'dib Well-Known Member

I believe that the Transmutation(W) mechanic has no way to reverse itself from inactive to active symbiont. As the Transmutation action happens at the end of the order, when you reach the states phase you are already in the inactive state and the inactive state is already at full wounds, therefore there are no "lost wounds" to recover. My reading is that regeneration can only bring the model from unconscious back to inactive symbiont.

Abrilete and Urobros like this.
  3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

This looks right to me. Transmutation(W) says "The Trooper and their initial Unit Profile must be replaced by the second Unit Profile at the end of the Order in which the initial Unit Profile lost the last point of its W/STR Attribute."

Since "the Trooper and their initial Unit Profile" is "replaced" by the second profile, it looks like the Taquel no longer has any access to its original profile, and is now an "inactive symbio armor Taqeul" at full health.

It's funny that the Active profile also has the Regeneration skill, but that wouldn't matter even if you could use Regeneration to repair inactive armor - it would still be the Inactive profile that was using the Regeneration skill. There's no scenario in which the Active profile could ever use its Regeneration skill since by definition, the Active profile is at full health.

Abrilete, solkan and Urobros like this.
  4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

If my friend was to use this, I'd say the Regen takes place first in the states phase. Otherwise why did they put the rule in them? Yes they may have not realized their own rules might not let it work but I think that's going against the spirit of what was wanted. So if takes a wound he would go back to active. If went to unconscious, he goes to inactive.

5. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

It’s more likely to be a harmless clerical error than an attempt to change how rengeneration works (or rather, an attempt to change when regeneration works). Sort of like how they don’t bother too much about Shaasvastii seed weapons in the profiles.

in other words, the “useless” Regeneration skill is listed where it is because people would say it looks funny if it were only listed in the Inactive profile.

QueensGambit likes this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Keeping in mind that this question will soon be relevant to the Janissary Doctor(2W) combined with Diggers and their Transmutation(W) as well.

7. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I now think I'm wrong since transmutation happens at end of the order and Regen is end of turn. Making me feel it will only work when unconscious.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation