1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did YOU start playing with Haqqislam?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by 15-Krykk, Nov 7, 2021.

1. 15-Krykk

15-Krykk Member

Just a general question about why and how did the members of this most splendid community come to choose to play this faction. Did you want to spite PanO players with WIP 17 doctors or spam so many Camo markers, the Ariadnans get jealous? Feel free to spill your heart out!

2. Uthoroc

Uthoroc Well-Known Member

Vanilla Haqqislam is my starting faction of Infinity. So how did I choose it?

I certainly wasn't looking at the combat stats or even playstyle, it was the faction background, the scultps of the minis and the official painting scheme, that drew me in. I think the most important factor was the idea of the humanistic verion of Islam, a concept that I hadn't seen in any game before.

3. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

I started with Infinity back in N2 with Qapu Khalqi because
    - Space Pirate Background (Corsairs)
    - general Haqqislam Background (humanistic idealistic Version of Islam)
    - Druze Miniatures
    - Kaplan Miniatures
    - no one else in my Meta played QK at that time

Since then I tried multiple other sectorials like CJC, TJC, Ikari, ISS, Nomads Vanilla - but I keep getting back to play Haqqislam (QK, Hassassins, Druze and Vanilla).
    Seems Holo echo and Camo Marker shenanigans is just my style of play :)

edit: added Kaplan Miniatures - I ran a Kaplan core, Druze Haris of 2, 3 Al'Hawwa and 3 YuanYuans back in N2 :)

#3 kesharq, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    Mechanokrat, Danger Rose and 15-Krykk like this.
  4. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

They are the best.

5. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

They seem like the good guys of the Human Sphere (if you ignore the state sponsored murder and massive corruption). They most feel like puzzle solving in while playing as they cannot brute force most problems.

AssaultUnicorn likes this.
  6. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Because in the goofy world of anime sculpts that was N2, there were glorious Kaplans, and only Haqq could play Kaplans. Hell, without Kaplans and the Anathematic sculpt I very well may never have picked up the game.

15-Krykk, kesharq and AssaultUnicorn like this.
  7. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

BECAUSE KAPLANS ARE THE BEST AND I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL

But really, it's the big tall lean Janissary HMG miniature that got me interested in Infinity in the first place. Then – the desire to play some mercs, and that's how I bumped into QK in N3. Not a lot of people play them in my meta, and they have always seemed to be an underdog of a faction. Underdogs are relatable.

Danger Rose, WiT? and kesharq like this.
  8. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

I started in N2 with Bakunin. I don't remember why I also picked up a QK starter box and some more boxes which I've assembled and played very briefly. But I'm finally playing them now (started this march) as they are now painted.

I think it was mostly liking the odalisque and hawwa sniper, and having mixed fireteam.

kesharq likes this.
  9. Lareon

Lareon Well-Known well-knower

I started playing Infinity with Nomads, because I liked the miniatures and they offered me a balanced approach to the game. After a couple of years I decided to switch to Haqqislam for few reasons:
    - they released awesome miniatures in the meanwhile, and I got hooked to their not-sleek, gritty design;
    - once I grew up in infinity I discovered they were attuned with my playstyle: tricks, field control, and agility
    - I like the background, of scholar-focused enlightened society

10. Grotnib

Grotnib Well-Known Member

I started playing Ramah Taskforce because the models (and their backstory) were so cool! A large part of this is the fact that the elite nature of the Sectorial (both in the lore and on the table) contrasts the way modern day ("western") media tends to portray the military forces from the areas/nations that end up becoming Haqqislam in the Infinity backstory...

Danger Rose and 15-Krykk like this.
  11. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Ummm... I began with Acontecimento, later I went for HB, I always loved how they remind me the "Cupra soldiers", exactly the "regular viper model"... From HB I played too Vainilla, but I'm mostly a HB player (In haquisslam terms).

12. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

When I saw the Maghariba Guard for the first time (OG Scarab Maggie), I knew that if I wanted to play, I'd choose the faction that had such a cool vehicle.

But it was when the Odalisques box set came out that I truly wanted to play Infinity just to field them. I used to draw comic books about a team of superheroines when I was a child, and the Odalisques felt superhuman to me; so it was a no-brainer to try and create a new home for my characters in the world of Infinity.

I have enjoyed playing Qapu Khalqi ever since. But when Ramah Taskforce made the scene, the profiles of some of their Super-Soldiers seemed more in line with what I wanted my Wrecking Belles to be, so I'm making the transition to that Sectorial.

15-Krykk, Brokenwolf and Urobros like this.
  13. Sanvi

Sanvi Active Member

I started with some friends when N1 appeared. The Haqqislam starter box (with just 6 miniatures including 3 ghulam, khawarij, djanzaban and hunzakut) took my atention because the where more "reallistic" than the other factions. Then, I read the book and I liked the Haqqislam background the most.

I played through the N2 also with haqqis, quit when N3 came and sold all of them.

I came back with N4 and I decided to play O12 becasue they were "new" (so it was less ovewhelming to start and buy them again). But I also bought some haqqis again... you know, just in case.

Urobros and Ariwch like this.
  14. wisefaiz

wisefaiz Well-Known Member

The old Ragik with HMG sculpt. Have since cut down the barrel to make it a spitfire. He's on the right here. [​IMG][​IMG]

15-Krykk, Urobros and Brokenwolf like this.
  15. jmmelo

jmmelo Well-Known Member

Honestly? Because at the time they were the easiest faction to start :sweat_smile:

Some guy was selling his starter plus a nice lot of extras, giving me a bit over 300pts. I got them painted in a week and 2 weeks after that was getting my ass kicked in a tournament. :joy:

Now I have pretty much all the available units for both HB and RTF... it is still my largest faction.

Urobros likes this.
  16. jmmelo

jmmelo Well-Known Member

accidental double post. Sorry....

17. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I picked up my first starter in N2, but didn't really start until early N3. The models looked different from other Sci-fi games. The old N2 models were fairly generic sci-fi style at the time and the Haqq stuff was different.

18. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

I don't play haqq as of now but I can imagine that I will one day branch out into haqq. And the reason ist pretty simple: I really love frank Herberts Dune and haqq is the faction where I could play Fremen.

19. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Starting to play HB because they have the playstyle of N3 Sha, but without any of the SWC restriction (lol fielding lists that would cost 11+ SWC in any other factions) and a silly high AVA of the good stuff.

sololobo and Urobros like this.
  20. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

This is how and why I started Haqqislam:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was a true love at the first sight and it's still strong, even though we're together over 10 years ;)
    Haqq's the best.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Uthoroc, Urobros and Brokenwolf like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation