1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB hates my money

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Oct 27, 2021.

1. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I think this box is a trap. Except you are some time in Infinty and you want to start Yu Jing with a big bang. I could imagine a beginner - which is what C1 aimes for - could be overwhelmed by the amount of minis and only gets new pile of shame ;-)

I not do the math but I think - if you find this box is appealing, you will save a good amount of money instead of buying step by step.

But I can understand, that people that wait for the (with beginning of C1) announced action packs could feel a little pissed. Maybe they release the action packs in the first quarter of 2022. I for myself buy the "operation boxe" because I got the cardboard terrain also and in the case of Kaldström, I simply play both sectorials :-)

Golem2God and Mob of Blondes like this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for bringing up more negative stuff to Yu Jing guys!! :persevere:

I think shouldn't let my personal frustrations get online lol. It's not very Tao of me.

Though I have a question: did they never come out with the Red Veil YJ as a general YJ set? The Haqq figures eventually became the Haqq Action Pack.

#22 Space Ranger, Oct 28, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  3. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

The current YJ action pack is Red Veil.

4. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

It's not that funny, imagine how people would feel about taking Tags if overnight every combi rifle in the game was given k1 ammo. All the resilience priced into your Jotum would just be ignored and anywhere you placed it on the table some Zhanshi level infantry could pop out and blast it.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  5. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

This would be valid if the TAG has 34 STR and ignored the hit on a 5+...

Both games are ridiculous. Also, that happens in Infinity all the time, profiles are outstripped by other profiles even within their own faction.

csjarrat likes this.
  6. 1337Bolshevik

1337Bolshevik Let them eat repeaters

I remember that. I don't miss n3.

7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Grav guns? They only gave that weapon to the only faction that couldn't manufacture gravity manipulating devices, the factions who could manufacture such devices generally didn't have grav weapons that powerful.

8. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

It does seem like a bit of an odd choice to basically take every YuJing C1 release and combine it into a super-pack prior to an action pack. One of the great things about Infinity is that you can buy just ONE more unit and add it to your army and maybe change your whole list - so there's much less need than for a game like 40k, even for a beginner, to get a 'big' army to even begin playing, and in fact it's a great feature to be able to slowly build an army a few bucks and a few painting sessions at a time. Anyone who's just jumping it would be much better suited splitting an 'Operation' box. Definitely feels like more of a thing for enfranchised players who are already confident they'd want to buy into a new faction whole-hog. Not necessary for me since I've got about 3/4 of this stuff at this point just by keeping up with the C1 Yu Jing releases... but I gotta say that if they did this for Combined, I'd be verrrrry interested.

9. Space Ranger

Yeah I enjoy the hunt for the next figure sometimes. It also pressures me to come up with proxy and conversion ideas. If I could just buy whatever, I'd probably never do any of that.

Lawson likes this.
  10. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Funny enough there is no YJ action pack right now. Some contents of red veil where transfered in the booster packs for Code1. Others like the HMG daofei are out of production and don't even have that specific loadout anymore.
    I recently found out that the HMG hac Tao is out of production since the hacker is locked in the booster pack and they were in a blister together before.
    Compared to how the other factions O12 and shasvastii were handled with action packs and boosters I think PanO and YJ got the short side of the stick. PanO got the military order overhaul so I am hoping for the imperial service overhaul for next year :D

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

That's at least another three MO reworks away.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  12. Space Ranger

Yeah I think we'll see a renewed QK before ISS. I think ISS is mostly dead to them. They are like MRRF, QK and Tohaa in all but name. The only true new figure to come out for ISS in several years is Crane Adil. I don't count Taowu since he's a mercenary available to a few others. The re-packaging of other Zhanying and Hsien don't count either.

13. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

A shame really as imperial service is so damn good in the visual design and also on the conceptual level. The sectorial could be considered pretty much finished. Every trooper except bao does have one or more digital sculpts. So there isn't really a lot new stuff for imperial service to come out. Since nobody plays bao anyway because their fireteams are shit.
    But as Bao are OOP and the transition to N4 wasn't that good one could get thd impression that my beloved agents were left behind.

14. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

They need a proper n4 overhaul rather than the spit-and-hope transition they actually got. That's priority 1 rather than new sculpts imho

15. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Ya I checked this and Haqq's side of Red Veil has an action pack but Yu Jing does not. That seems weird to me. Also I do agree that PanO & Yu Jing seem to have gotten the short end of the stick. PanO's side of Operation Icestorm didn't receive an action pack boxing but the Nomad side has complete with the Beyond Icestorm minis in the box. Now I see the same has happened to Yu Jing. Very weird.

I'd be shocked if these large faction starters for PanO & Yu Jing are supposed to be the new action packs for Kladstorm. But we will have to wait and see what happens in the coming year perhaps?

16. Golem2God

I buy from ebay & Game Nerdz for my Infinity stuff. Saved alot of funds over the months & years. This is coming from somebody who has limited funds for miniature gaming.
    Agreed. The models are great and I have used the bits to create alot of neat things including Infinity conversions. But the game itself is a disaster rules & financial wise. The only major force I've kept is a in process conversion Tau force. Along with smaller things like Necromunda, Blood Bowl & Killteam. Then there is the Corregidor Genestealer Cult idea I have. Don't know if that will become a reality yet.

Space Ranger likes this.
  17. Arschbombe

Arschbombe Well-Known Member

They did. It's the Yu Jing Starter Pack.

https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/yu-jing-starter-pack

It's missing the exclusive ninja with tactical bow, but otherwise those are the Red Veil minis.

Golem2God likes this.
  18. Golem2God

How on earth did I overlook this? Oh it is not an action pack and it's been discontinued. That is why I couldn't find it. The same with the PanO stater set. The Zhanshi & Fusilier models from both starters are gone and replaced with the Kladstorm ones. The other three models, (Zuyong, Tiger Soldier, Hisen, Orc, Aklia, Nisse) are palced into the Alpha & Beta packs for each faction. Guess there is no smaller action pack currently.

19. Space Ranger

I thought so! Because I could have sworn that's the way I got them myself. You must have some good Web-fu to find it.

You'll notice you can't add it to your cart and you can't find it if you hit the Starters button. Nor is it if you just look up Yu Jing. So it's no longer available.

20. Arschbombe

Arschbombe Well-Known Member

I knew I'd seen it. The online retailer I order from the most still has 2 in stock. So I googled it using the correct name since it's a starter and not an action pack and it came right up in the CB store.

I did not notice that until Golem pointed it out. When I have found other OOP things there was red text saying it was no longer available. This listing doesn't have that.

Still, I have been able to get OOP products from a variety of stores. It just takes some persistence in searching. They're out there in the wild waiting.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation