1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transmutation (Auto) - Checking I understand it right

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Arkhos94, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of trying the Su Jian for my next tournament and I want to check the Transmutation (Auto) rule to be sure I understand it right

First situation :
    The Su Jian start in mobility form
    First action => Move
    Second action => Move & use Transmutation (Auto) to change form to combat form

Question 1 : is it possible to move change form only on the second action ?
    Question 2 : what is the distance moved ? 8" for the first move and 4 for the second one (so total 12) ?

Second situation :
    The Su Jian start in combat form
    First action => bs attack
    Second action => Move & use Transmutation (Auto) to change form to mobility form

Question 3 : what BS score is used to resolve the BS attack / does the BS Attack (+1 DAM) apply ? I would go for the BS 14 of the combat form as he was in combat form when the action was declared and so the BS Attack (+1 DAM) applies
    Question 4 : what distance is moved ? I would go for 8" of the mobility form as he was in mobility form when the action was declared

From the transformation page on the wiki :
    By performing any Skill with the Movement Label
    , a Trooper with Transmutation (Auto) may switch between the different Unit Profiles listed in their Unit Profile. This change always happens at the beginning of their Movement, applying the new Unit Profile for the entire sequence of that Movement

Question 5 : Discover has the movement label, so the su jian can change form by declaring discover. Am I right ?
    Question 6 : Failing gut roll hasn't the movement label, so the su jian can not change form when failing a gut roll. Am I right ?

Third situation : the su jian declare dodge in ARO and want to change form

Question 7 : when does he declare that he is changing form ? Before or after the roll ?
    Question 8 : if the roll is failed, does he still change form ?
    Question 9 : what happen if the LoF is removed by the changing form (for example : the su jian is in combat form behind a container and the shooter can only see his head. By changing form he became smaller than the container and cannot be seen anymore)

#1 Arkhos94, Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Edit: the most important passage here is that transformation happens when you perform a skill with the movement label.

Q1: Yes.
    Q2: The distance indicated on the active profile. Move(Mobility) + Move(Combat) results in 8" + 4" movement.

Q3: MODs and values are determined during step 5; if your active form after all skills are declared and done is the Mobility form, then the stats for the Mobility form is used to make rolls.
    Q4: This is the first time the unit moves so 8"

Q5: Discover is a Short Movement Skill, it does not have the Movement Label.
    Q6: Correct. Guts Rolls no longer perform a Short Movement Skill like it did in N3, so Transmutation, Climbing+, Super-Jump etc can not be used during a Guts Roll.

Q7: As is written in Transmutation(Auto), the transformation happens at the start of the movement, so in the case of Dodge movement it will happen after rolls have been made during resolution. If you transform into the Combat Form, you lose the extra 2" dodge movement that the Mobility form has!
    Q8: As per above: No.
    Q9. As per above: No. Also remember that All At Once applies to this situation, LOF can not be removed by changing form or by going Prone, etc. Only instance where this can happen is when dismounting TAGs.

Arkhos94 likes this.
  3. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answer @Mahtamori, it helps me understand more of the tactical use of the su jian

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation