1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corporate Security Officer

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Mahtamori, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

This is just an idea spawned while discussing Yu Jing identity over on that forum, but bear with me.

How would you receive the idea of Corporate Security being the designated Chain of Command for Pan-O?

In order to emphasise the corporate nature of Pan-Oceania, my idea would be to have a special version of the Corporate Security Unit be the defacto Chain of Command. That one officer that always makes sure that the army marches to the correct beat of their financier - making sure that if things go south the operation still sticks to the goals (which is, of course, protecting the corporation's economical interests)
    We're talking about a CSU with extra flair, better abilities than a CSU (more money for body mods) but other than that I don't think anything specific is worth specifying. It would, of course, mean Kirpal loses his CoC (which I'm sure everyone would get over immediately).

Thandar, AdmiralJCJF and Stiopa like this.
  2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So PanO "political" officers comes from Lobby Corporations ?xD

3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

On serious note, I don't know if giving Joan (in vanilla probably) a good safety net of additional "decent" CoC is that good (I would say that PanO has already some "problems" in design space when it comes to Joan Inspiring Leadership and irregular troopers).

NCA actually could use and would thematicly fit this unit.

For MO it would be strange that some corporate scrub suddenly takes over control of Frenzy Knights (and actually control them). It's "OS as squires only" approach where OS cannot actually be Lt due to a fact being only "squires".

Skyhusky, Barrogh and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Given how much resistance PanO military command gave to accept Military Orders who were gifted to them by the church, I give it a negative chance fluff wise for a mercenary unaffiliated non military unit to be given chain of command in PanOceania military structure.

Balewolf and xagroth like this.
  5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Again, I think best solution to this problem is to give CoC to Rao (with some additional stuff), as it really fits him.

(yes this is @Stiopa idea)

Commoner1 and Stiopa like this.
  6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yea, because it's best to give it to guy who usually is not on table so he cannot use it xD

Stiopa likes this.
  7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I agree with psychoticstorm that it wouldn't fly fluff-wise... which is a shame, because this:

is a great, thematic idea.

8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

<blah blah blah, some fluff about PanO getting limitations, where are my Feuberachs then?>

Stiopa likes this.
  9. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well I went to deep crisis after checking how many Spitfires MO has, and how many Combi+Assault Pistols we have :)

Mahtamori likes this.
  10. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Same that @eciu. I don't see it in vanilla or MO, but in NCA it will be nice and coherent with de fluff.

11. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Also, this :D

12. TanakoSkyler22

TanakoSkyler22 Varunan Diplomat

Only way I can see it working fluff-wise is in NCA. Then again, that is potentially unlikely because Hexaherdon is still not fond of others getting into their business.

13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Thats why the borrow units from Aleph and MO ?

14. TanakoSkyler22

TanakoSkyler22 Varunan Diplomat

I always interpret ALEPH units in NCA as something as of an addition, considering most of PanO readily accepts it (even Hexahedron). Then there is the Black Friar, which I do not get why it is included outside of maybe balance consideration.

Then again, I do not have the books to be that well-versed in the fluff so I'll admit I might be a bit off.

15. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Black Friars are a Military Order which focuses only about chasing infiltrated ennemies and protect the most sensitive places of the Hexahedron and Church. They don't have to know what they're protecting and don't want to. Their only goal is to protect. They are like the guards in front of the Pentagon or 10th Downing Street but better equiped to prevent spies to come in. And HSN3 states that MO are quite integrated in the Military Complex now. KotHS and Santiagos gave so much help to PanO during the NeoColonial Wars that I don't think PanO would have won that much if they weren't there. The same with Teutons and Montesas during all the battles on Paradiso.

16. chaospanda_507

chaospanda_507 New Member

I find it more of something that would happen outside of the conflict than inside the list. Like a corporate division getting military asset, they get to tell the main objective of the mission but thats it.

17. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Well, to be fair that makes perfect sense for NCA.

'eh, that's not so much of a problem for NCA 'though.

18. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

It kinda is, including CSU is one thing giving them flawless battlefield command transition is a completely other thing.

That would mean CSU are extremely integrated in PanO military command structure, they are not.

19. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So CoC on Aquila due to their "extended military training, done on one of the best command school in Human Shpere" ? Or are we still throwing the fluff through the window ?

Poor silly Aquila at least got some equipment love with his arm.... oh wait...

daboarder and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  20. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

This is the fluff/propaganda translation of BS 15 and WIP 13 and the hability to use MULTI Rifle. Eh! What did you expect!

In another side, I really prefer my Aquila as he is now rather than having the same treatment Crane Agents recieved. Because we don't have outrageously cheap orders like Aleph, CA and Yu Jing have, I prefer my straight forward and less costly elite HIs rather than having to pay the price of Achilles in order to have CoC on an elite HI with shitty equipement (Combi Rifle) like Aleph does for Asura Hacker.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation