1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone think N4 Guard is a good idea?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Hecaton, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

I'd say keep NWI but lose shock immune. Still sturdy and threatening, but there are more counterplay options and she would be a bit more brittle. I think the game needs less NWI+SI on the really light units.

csjarrat, Abrilete and Lady Numiria like this.
  2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Nah, it still creates horrible option select kinds of situations with units like Voronin.

Unfortunately it seems whoever at CB created Andromeda as their RPG character disagrees.

That seems to be against the design goals of N4, given the proliferation of Immunity (Shock).

3. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

It's weird because andromeda was meme level crap when she first came put, had a few tweaks and was still a bit meh for the most part and then just went batshit crazy powerful this edition. Guard is definitely a culprit but the playtesting this edition has been a bit circumspect in places. Hopefully there'll be a balance pass at some point and some tweaks made

Time Bandit and Abrilete like this.
  4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

There won't be a balance pass unless people make themselves heard, I don't think.

5. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

I'm hoping there's stuff in the works to come with whatever release brings the fireteam changes out. It feels like CB has been pretty distracted with tag raid, hopefully n4 and aristiea start seeing a bit of love once that's launched and sorted

Abrilete likes this.
  6. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Implying they don't just announce another board game.

csjarrat and Mob of Blondes like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation