1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brainstorming fun and interesting proxy ideas for So Ra

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Weathercock, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

With the marketing materials for So Ra, it's pretty clear that CB has a lot more faith in So Ra's capabilities as a proxy over her own profile, so I was looking for some ideas for what she might work as a good proxy for. So far, I've managed to come up with a few good ideas:

Paperweight
    Hood ornament
    Water bottle shaker
    Throwing weapon

That's what I've come up with so far. Does anyone else have any interesting proxy ideas for So Ra?

2. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

keep whining maybe they will add nco in n5 for you out of pity

3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

The problem I'm running into is I can't find a reason to buy the Jujak box in the first place, I think that's the first hurdle you need to figure out before you get to enjoy the magic of buying So-Ra as a proxy.

Lawson likes this.
  4. Weathercock

I'm done with whining. But the marketing for this is pretty amusing though, and I want to run with it.

Space Ranger likes this.
  5. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

The thought crossed my mind to use her a lei gong. But converting the marksman rifle seemed like too much extra work.
    You could use jujaks instead of zuyong for a snow themed invincible army, and So-Ra makes a pretty good breaker taisheng

Willen likes this.
  6. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

"]keep whining maybe they will add nco in n5 for you out of pity"
    Ohhh it's ok, whining matches with the roleplay yu jing. :laughing:

[​IMG]
    :spock-hand:

Willen likes this.
  7. Arschbombe

Arschbombe Well-Known Member

8. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

She could make a decent proxy for Hulang MRifle+LFT for those who don't like the original sculpt.

Weathercock likes this.
  9. Weathercock

So, I did start this thread as an amusing shitpost, but you actually make a good point.

I mean, it's not a proxy I'd buy an entire box set for, but hey, kudos

Chaserabinov likes this.
  10. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Buy it because...
    1. You like the fluff of the jujaks and want to run them
    2. You like the sculpts and looks of the jujaks and rule of cool.
    3. You don't mind if they're not the most optimized profile and wanna run em or try em out.

That's probably gonna be the reasons to buy em and run em. I've always loved the looks of the bolts. Only up until pretty recently have they become good. In NCA there was very little reason to take the bolts. There was better and more optimized options but I didn't care because I loved how cool they were and how they're supposed to be these elite level counter terrorist operatives. I enjoyed bringing them to the table and yeha maybe it was tougher to win with them but I didn't care and still had fun with em kicking down doors and blasting people with combi light shotguns. Who cares about the min maxing.

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that nobody is forcing you to play her miniature as it is designed and that a good unit to proxy her as is one of the three So Ra profiles...

12. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Normally I would totally agree. However there are some things in the way.
    1. What fluff? I don't have the background book and from what I hear there's almost nothing in there about them.
    2. Well that can almost be said of all Infinity models. They all look great. I agree too that there is something to the rule of cool but looks are not everything and can only take you so far. At this point it takes more than looking cool to get me to spend a lot of money.
    3. Since it took a year and a half for them come out since the profiles were released, many have tried them with proxies and found them wanting. They are unfortunately meh in White Banner and pretty good in White Company.

Having said all that, I will eventually get them. But they are not on top of my list of must have.

13. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Hah, now that you mention it she's probably gonna wind up proxying the LT for the local WhiteCo player.

Space Ranger likes this.
  14. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Yeah, White Company is a good home for Jujak. I love Jujak Spitfire, Kaplan Doc/Eng and Shona/Liang Haris. And the Spitfire model is sooooo nice. Because of that I really need a plan for So Ra. Right now she is designated as nice shelf warmer.

15. Space Ranger

I think most are going to use her as the Breaker Combi Tinbot. Valerya can also go with that Kaplan team.

16. Amusedbymuse

I already have Jujak from Kaldstrom. Exactly same weapons: combi and HFT. With 4 Jujak models existing already we still need the 2nd most important model: bsg for engineer or tinbot. Also 3rd most useful model: breaker combi for another tinbot or just anti BTS weapon. Instead we have missile launcher and 2! Combi+HFT....

Space Ranger likes this.
  17. Weathercock

On the positive side, if they ever do release the BSG engineer, he won't be tacked on to a fully redundant unit box.

Amusedbymuse likes this.
  18. Space Ranger

I actually really like the Missile Launcher in WC Kaplan team. He's really good anti-armor. Below is a pretty good team for the points. I call it my "get out there and get it done" core. I've found having a doctor in a team of HI his fantastic. The Kaplan is no Jannisary but still better than Yu Jing gets. The Haidao revolves from ENG to KHD, depending on mission or enemy. It's mostly ENG. I figure the most an enemy hacker can do is IMM or Isolate, well the ENG fixes that. Where as a KHD, could possibly kill that same hacker, but the chance of getting hurt himself and no one to fix it.

KAPLAN (Doctor) Combi Rifle, Blitzen ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 27)
    JUJAK Missile Launcher, Light Flamethrower / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 33)
    JUJAK Spitfire, Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    JUJAK Breaker Combi Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower ( | TinBot: Firewall [-6]) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 30)
    HǍIDÀO (Engineer, Deactivator) Combi Rifle, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 25)
    3 SWC | 147 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Wouldn't an actual unconscious state for your Kaplan to heal, a Panzerfaust and Boarding Shotgun, and 3 more BTS be worth 5 points in that core when you're running Engineer in it?

20. Amusedbymuse

Or having non hackable ENG with better WIP instead.
    I know the entire post was about Jujak Missile launcher but I would still prefer Haidao Sniper instead :)

Mahtamori likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation