1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AROs as a Camo Marker

Discussion in 'Rules' started by crouchingotter, Oct 11, 2021.

1. crouchingotter

crouchingotter Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Honestly I feel stupid asking this question but my mind isn’t happy with making a decision on this one way or the other.

Scenario:
    Player A has a model in a Camo stake in the reactive phase

Player B moves a model within LoF of Player A’s Camo Token.

Question: Does Player A have to declare an ARO and lose the Camo State or can he elect not to?

The reason for my indecision is because of this wording in the Rules:

“The Reactive Player must declare AROs for all eligible Models or Markers immediately after the Active Player declares his Entire Order or the first Short Skill of his Order (see: Order Expenditure Sequence). Troopers that fail to do so lose their ARO against that Order.”

To me that says Player A MUST declare an ARO (thus losing the Camo state). Or is it the case that the failure clause something you can do intentionally?

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

As per the rules you quote, if you do not declare your ARO you will lose the ARO, so it is a choice even if the rules initially use the word "must". The rules are using harsh language here to emphasise that you can not normally wait to declare your AROs.

3. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Against a model in Marker State (Camo, Holoecho, Impersonation) you are allowed to "hold" your ARO.

You can delay the declaration (without losing YOUR marker state) waiting to see if the enemy reveals himself.
    Problem is...
    If the enemy DOES NOT reveal himself, you lose your ARO.

Example
    A moves
    B "delay"
    A moves
    = Lost ARO

A moves
    B "delay"
    A shots
    = can declare ARO now

crouchingotter likes this.
  4. crouchingotter

crouchingotter Well-Known Member

Thanks @Mahtamori, I was hoping that would be the answer but doubt entered my mind and that meant I needed to reach out for help.

Help is exactly what I found. Thanks again, this forum gets a bad reputation but I’ve yet to experience anything negative. People like you are doing a stellar job.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation