1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NA2 balance pass, what would you want to see?

Discussion in 'General' started by csjarrat, Sep 4, 2021.

1. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

So, if you were able to request minor tweaks (not whole new profiles or major shakeup) to na2 factions, what would you do?
    For me, I'd give aida at least camo-1 use. Also, add her to ikari.
    For ikari, I'd love to see a proper wildcard set up rather than the old wording.
    Maybe a druze wildcard or something?
    An ABH wildcard maybe? It would certainly make them more useful

#1 csjarrat, Sep 4, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  2. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

Give people a reason to bring the Lt. Arslan in DBS over a regular Druze/Brawler?

WiT?, Teslarod, toadchild and 5 others like this.
  3. dijit

dijit Active Member

Only really just getting started with DBS, but a reason to take Arslan would be nice - nwi and shock immune seems like a good start. Also something to put Druze fore and centre in DBS lists (lose a point or two), and since druze have viral pistols, why not a viral sniper or viral rifle profile? Druze also seem to pay a heavy swc tax, like 1.5 for a hmg- whats that about?

4. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

- Contender and Flash Pulse [+1B] for Shikami
    - Anything to help Arslan (new sculpt as well please)
    - Add colonel Ikari as a named Tanko/Daiyokai

5. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

'Tis a match made in hell, now I'll have Dango San Kyodai playing in my head for the rest of the evening.
    For anyone else I just made hear it, you're welcome. Misery loves company.

#5 Pierzasty, Sep 4, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    csjarrat likes this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a Druze heavy infantry, partly because it seems like it would be on brand for the sectorial, partly to increase the variance inside the DBZ sectorial, and partly because there seem to be a few good sectorials under the surface of these unnecessary "play with your toys in different ways" weirdness going on

(edit to finish this unfinished sentence...) and adding a more proper unit to take the place where other factions' iconic units are currently used would go a long way to improve both the balance of these sectorials and that of the ones those units are borrowed from.

#6 Mahtamori, Sep 4, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    ETEA, Errhile, csjarrat and 3 others like this.
  7. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Also, karakuri in ikari feel weirdly tacked on. It'd be cool to have them feel a bit more part of the faction with some link options

8. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

1. Triad of some kind for longarms in their native spiral habitat

2. A tweak for white co. who seem a bit cray.

3. Saito gets his second profile in JSA

4. Securitate in FoCo get some kind of spice to their core. Currently they might as well not have fireteam core at all.

5. Wildcarda for Ikari - preferably a new character!

csjarrat likes this.
  9. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

I'd like a few more tohaa units in spiral. Leave out the Makaul, Sukuel and Gao Rael (hell, just the Makaul even) and you could probably export the rest of the range and still have a drastically different faction from OG tohaa

csjarrat likes this.
  10. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure if NA2 needs much. Star Co, Druze and Dahshat are getting Fiddler soon and then some get the MBH too.

Ikari needs another Lt. option. But then again the fact they need it, it makes them more interesting.

I was thinking of a Brawler-like HI. Brawler, in that it's available to several NA2 forces. But Druze I think could really use an HI or HI+NWI version of themselves. I think they could get a core of that and others Duo or Haris.

ETEA likes this.
  11. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

I have a suspicion its the X-Visor that does it. Muyibs in Haqq pay 1.5 for spitfire and HRL and they both have x-visors. Must tip it over some threshold.

12. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Lt Daiokai (sp?) and/or Al Fasid and a CoC option for Ikari.

13. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I forgot that I'd like to see some more alien mercs. Bring back the Exrah! But it would be cool to see some more Tohaa in human NA2 armies. Taagma and Kaauri.

Abrilete likes this.
  14. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

1.5 SWC is in line with most of not all MI costs.

Papa Bey and Elric of Grans like this.
  15. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

For the sectorials I am familiar with.

Druze: Decrease in price on the Druze themselves or a change to stats to increase durability. A pointman of some kind to help clear and push from the deployment, possibly a Druze or Brawler HI. Arslan rework. Give him Mimetism, Shock Immune, and access to a multi-marksman. This would let him be that pointman if needed, though I hate design that crutches on characters...

JSA: Shikami Dodge (B+1) or Eclipse, Musashi Wildcard.

Ikari: Brawler as Wildcard, Bounty Hunter + Al Fasid Haris, Keisotsu Lt. loses SWC cost.

ETEA and csjarrat like this.
  16. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

• Throw the Counterintelligence profile of Tao Wu to the waste bin, copy-paste the one with a contender and give one of them Conterintelligence and another Lt (maybe Lt for Ikary only). Make the evil old man a wild card in all sectorials.
    • Take BS(+1 dam) from Druzes and make them cheaper instead. Leave +1 dam for HMG and MSR. Maybe faction specific profiles with +1 dam. Or even +2.
    • The same for Arslan and give him Shock immunity without increasing price (after -dam). Maybe even TI, though than he won't become cheaper – he has prosthetic limbs, judging by manga, mayby full-prosthetic body. Add faction specific profile with +2 dam and let Lt also be +2 dam (both with old price if not TI). Give his lightweight profile to Ikary and QK without wildcard, but counting as Druze.
    • Either let Longarms be counted as Auxillar FTO or Auxillars be counted as Longarms for FT composition.
    • Anaconda-ejection-nonsense-what? Just give her NWI an let mercenary nomad scum die canned when tactics requires so.
    • As for Aida, I think minelayer suits her better than camo 1 use ;-)
    • I like the idea of Colonel Ikary profile! Ikary to Tankos like Oyama to Domarus?

#16 Ariwch, Oct 8, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    csjarrat, Delta57Dash and WiT? like this.
  17. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

To expand on one of the points above, the longarms need some love on all their sectorials. In white co, which I’ve been looking at lately, CSUs could join them, or even let them join fusiliers if you’re feeling particularly generous.

csjarrat and Cthulhu363 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation