1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Checking Minelayer ZoC During Deployment

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Iskandar, Sep 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Iskandar

Iskandar Well-Known Member

Something that came up in the discords and we couldn't find a definitive answer for.

Minelayer requirements say that
    If the equipment has to be placed inside your ZoC at what point do you check for the position you have placed to be legal? You can't premeasure ZoC of a model during deployment so what happens here? The same goes for checking if there's no Camo markers in the trigger area or ZoC when should this check occur?

2. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

As far as I know, the rules have no answer for that one.

The only way I've seen it played is that you place them both, measure 8", and adjust as needed. The rules don't allow that but they also don't allow you to place the mine outside your ZoC, so the only way to ensure that you comply with that rule is to measure it.

Methuselah likes this.
  3. Methuselah

Methuselah Well-Known Member

I thought you could fully measure anywhere where you're allowed to deploy?

4. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

If I recall, you're allowed to measure all deployment areas and scoring zones. So you can always measure 12" up the table, if you have a FD(4") unit you can measure 16" up, if you have an infiltrator you can measure 24" up, if you're playing Quadrant Control you can measure 24" in from the side, etc.

There's an explicit rule allowing you to check and fix a fireteam's coherency once during deployment, which would be redundant if you could already measure between them.

5. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

last answer that we had the ijw that I am aware of is that there wasn't a requirement to have a FD(4") model to check 16" up. you were allowed to measure up to the 12", the 16", the 20" and half way point during deployment. but not distances between models/markers/equipment/whatever.

The exception to this are link team members during main deployment (not reserves).

I am under the impression that you are allowed to check when a model has to begin the game within zoc, such as g:synch and minelayer. as well as if minelayer would auto trigger from enemy models.This does mean that you could use a g:synch, or link team or minelayer to just measure everything but that (i believe) falls under the "don't be a dick" catagory. Need to do it for XYZ reasons, then absolutetly measure away. but using that minelayer to make sure everyone is exact ABC" for whatever reason is a bit much. Atleast that has been how I am currently playing it and have seen played.

Robock and QueensGambit like this.
  6. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

i remember that. It allows to not be forced to disclose what is under a camo (if it is fd4, fd8, or infiltration).

7. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Same. I think it is mentionned in fireteam because there is questions about it. Considering the team is composed of multiple members that deployed at different time. For minelayer i think it is implied that "you may deploy a mine in zoc" means/implies "you must not deploy it over 8" and "must measure it if it is ambiguous" and to adjust placement if you are wrong.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation