1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Color palette C&C

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by vorthain, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

The thing with OSL is that it makes the model look like it's lit in the dark or at night. It's a cool effect, but can look unnatural. I'm not a huge fan of it myself. But, if you want your army to be painted to look like it's doing night time operations then it would look really cool!

2. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

I think I'll tone back the OSL on the bases and keep it in the depression where the light would be. Thanks for the comments, guys. I think Barid and Rafiq will be next, but I want to balance my repaints by sectorial so I need to do some Qapu Khalqi models next - maybe an Odalisque and/or Kaplan. Then back to Yu Jing!

Xeurian likes this.
  3. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

Alright I'm back. Kind of unhappy with the Haqqislam again. Maybe too grey...not black or white, just looking a little blah. If the red is kept the same, do you think a warm white (e.g., VMC Deck Tan) or more of a cool white (e.g., VGC Ghost Grey). I know Angel's method is the former but its paired with purples and pinks. If its paired with red, would it look too warm, or would cool Ghost Grey look weird? Back to indecision. I'm moving into a sort of JSA or Nomad palette, so maybe so advice on those whites.

4. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

You may try some blue gray or just glaze neutral gray with your tone of choice.

5. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

Maybe so. I am trying to plan it before I drop money on new paints. I am also thinking of balancing the warm deck tan white color with military green pants, but don't want too many colors. I don't know why I'm having such indecision on this army.

6. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

[​IMG]
    Toiling, toiling, as the Haqq minis are buried in geologic layers of paint, but I think I like these. Slowly circling back to classic Haqq scheme, but wanted to get away from desert aesthetic by swapping tan for white and camo green for deep green. Also the industrial bases, while not my first choice, add some different textures.[​IMG]

#86 vorthain, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  7. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

[​IMG]

Continuing with Haqqislam, officially pleased with the color scheme. Decided to go a bit heavier with the orangey OSL on the jammer here.

The green is VMC Deep Green + VMC Burnt Cadmium Red shadows, VMC Deep Green as main color, VMC Deep Green + VGC Scorpion Green first highlight, VGC Scorpion Green top highlight. The white is VMC Sky Grey shadow, VGC Ghost Grey base, VMC Ivory highlight. Orange is VMC Clear Orange, VGC Orange Fire (stop here for armor markings), VGC Orange Fire + VMC Intense Yellow, and then white for OSL. Cloth is just VGC Heavy Grey (=VMC Russian Uniform), then AP Dark Tone, then VGC Heavy Grey again, then highlights of VGC Heavy Grey + VMC Buff. Blacks are VMC German Grey, VMC Blue Grey Pale edge highlights, VMC Sky Grey spot highlights.

#87 vorthain, Sep 27, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    nehemiah, Tristan228, Engorn and 5 others like this.
  8. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

Work in progress on the Fiday. A lot of orange on him because of the impersonator lines on the limbs, but so far, so good.

[​IMG]

9. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

Haqqislam update, coming along nicely. I'm at about halfway in my repainting project for these guys. Next up are the Rafiq, Muyibs, maybe some Qapu Khalqi for a change but it seems like Hassassins and Ramah are in the spotlight for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ben Kenobi, toadchild, Oni and 5 others like this.
  10. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

Some monks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

toadchild, Tristan228, Jumara and 3 others like this.
  11. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

Muyibs from three (!) sculpt generations ago.[​IMG]

kesharq, toadchild, Jumara and 3 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation