1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Token Sheet Creator - Updated for N4

Discussion in 'News' started by toadchild, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Well it certainly doesn't hurt to ask - people have requested much weirder things in the past.
    I think part of cultivating the community involves supporting C1 (which was my own introduction to the game), so it's probably worth doing.
    I'll see if I can whip something up.

Errhile, Abrilete and crouchingotter like this.
  2. crouchingotter

crouchingotter Well-Known Member

That’s great! Thanks!

I honestly don’t think there’s any other C1-specific variations of tokens you’ve already covered off for N4.

3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I added the plain "Mine" token to the deployables section.

Errhile, crouchingotter and Lawson like this.
  4. crouchingotter

crouchingotter Well-Known Member

Perfect. I’ll add it to the “print some out” list :)

Thanks @Lawson and @toadchild

toadchild and Lawson like this.
  5. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

In light of the new ITS situation, I've updated to a v03 of my 'weapon and equipment tokens' sheet with these little motorcycle icons.
    This is actually useful even if you aren't doing ITS 13, since not all of us have dismounted motorcyclists (and some dismounted versions don't even exist) so this will make it easier to proxy a unit (or for that matter a motorcycle itself) as something else.
    Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 1.58.20 PM.png

Linke to PNG and PDF

6. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

BTW, @ Lawson, any luck with the Booty (& Metachemistry) tokens idea...?

My last game I had 3 models with Booty on the table. In the old days of printed Army List, I'd just make notes on the paper - who had what. But having moved to mobile Army app, well, no such luck. Tokens would have been a solution....

7. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Considering the new Motorized Bounty Hunter that everyone is gonna be forced to buy has Booty as well, I might as well get on that.

8. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

F-13 Turret token... Thoughts? Fits the aesthtetic of the various other deployables I've created.
    It displays an arc (in spite of the 360 visor) to identify it as a proxy for a miniature, similar to things like Holoechos.
    I can't fit all the pertinent stuff in there but I assume certain things are obvious (like S1) and obviously the stat-block is in the book.

N4_TOKENS_v05_25mm_EXPORT (00336).jpg

I also made a little 'cheatsheet' that's the size of a poker card (I like to print these for things like HVT and Civilian stats out and keep w/ my Classified Objective Deck).

N4_F13_turret_card.jpg

Del S, solkan, Stiopa and 9 others like this.
  9. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

I forgot I already put these up on google drive in lieu of getting them on the creator (I think @toadchild and I decided that since they're always utilized as a set, this would be the easiest way to do it.) Toadchild pinned it to the first comment in the thread awhile back but here it is again.
    600 dpi sheet
    300 dpi sheet

Let me know if this works for you. I didn't actually update them with custom artwork per-token (I know that was something you were interested in) because I couldn't find a great way to get all the ideas across visually (and I didn't want some of them to be good and some to look weird), but I do think these work until I have an epiphany on that front. I think there was also a request for variations on these tokens for Panoply missions. Will likely be working on that next.

#289 Lawson, Oct 7, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    toadchild, Abrilete and Errhile like this.
  10. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Indeed, I was interested in the custom (or rather, individual and representative) markers, but those that you've shown here should do the job.
    Thanks!

I'll be able to tell if they actually did once I've used them a couple of times :)

Abrilete likes this.
  11. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

So I threw together some Panoply tokens the other day and thought "well that's a placeholder for the Panoply but I'll re-design it later" and then never got around to this.
    Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 3.41.01 PM.png
    It's not my fave but I think these'll work for now.
    Here again are my links to the 600 dpi and 300 dpi sheets of metachemistry and booty with panoply added to them
    600 dpi sheet
    300 dpi sheet
    Also will be sending @toadchild the turret token I mocked up awhile ago.

Errhile, Koin-Koin and Daniel Darko like this.
  12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Marker sheet is updated with the turret!

Daniel Darko, Lawson and Koin-Koin like this.
  13. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Do you know any service that can print these markers as 15mm (optional double sided) acrylic markers? I'd love to have these instead of the official N4 tokens.
    I'm currently looking at renovating my N3 accessory.
    All I found were printing services that have a minimum quota of 1000 pieces per token

14. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything like that but I'd certainly be interested in custom printing/mounting if you find something affordable. I currently do the printing myself and mount them on acrylic, but they're just externally glued on.

15. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Green Stuff World have some token caps of various size, I have no idea if other company do this kind of stuff.
    I'm more into printing and gluing on acrylic tokens but it may be a solution for some of us (plus easy reusability).

16. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

The classic way with this is to use cheap craft "bottle cap stickers" (you get like 100 for about 10€ or so) and an one inch hole punch (also for about 10€). You stick the printed tokens on cereal box cardboard, cut them out with the hole punch, stick the stickers on top of that. Here's a gallery i have saved of the process, it should be relatively quick and efficient. I like the variation where you do it double-sided, easier to grab on the table. And if there's new tokens (or if you lose some) it should be relatively easy to just print/make more.

zapp and Koin-Koin like this.
  17. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I'm looking for 15mm tokens that I can use in my Command Board. For all others I also tried the way you described. I had some trouble with the glue ruining the print, but that could be sorted out with more craftsmanship.

18. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

You glued printed sheet to the cardboard, or just used it for extra durability during cutting? If yes what kind of glue did you use so it didn't become covered with blisters and waves?

19. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Just for the record the person in gallery wasn't me, but a Reddit user that helped popularize the technique there some time ago. But in general, when you want to stick paper to flat surfaces and don't wanna have it as a wavy bubbly mess, your two options are glue sticks, that in general aren't too sticky but are mostly enough (for reference look at the great stuff for D&D the dude over at Crooked Staff Terrain scratchbuilds out of almost exclusively printed designs on paper glued to cardboard, and his main tool of choice is a common glue stick), and spray adhesive (the one from 3M is generally quoted as the best). If you use common PVA you risk the effects you describe as the glue is very wet.
    If you want to avoid the problems altogether, some printers are able to directly work on thin cardboard, check whatever you have. I've also seen people put a bead of superglue or hot glue on the rims of every homemade token, but honestly i think that's kinda overkill... :sweat:

Amusedbymuse likes this.
  20. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

If you want to be really fancy you can also use a roller to flatten the sheet onto your substrate. You can find such things in art supply stores or crafts shops; they’re used for collage and scrapbooking.

All my tokens are printed on slightly thick paper, cut with a 1 inch hole punch, and then glued onto laser cut wood discs. I prefer to use acrylic matte medium rather than PVA / Elmer’s / white glue. It’s got similar properties when you’re working with it, but it dries waterproof.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation