1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaksa longarms in winterfor

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by fritzthecat, Sep 17, 2021.

1. fritzthecat

fritzthecat Member

Am I wrong in thinking these guys are pretty sweet haris? 2x mk12 backed up by a portable autocannon for 80pts seems pretty lean and mean. They also have AP mines.

Never seen this unit talked about and curious why not

#1 fritzthecat, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    Arkaon1125 likes this.
  2. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Oh boy here we go again.

TL;DR: Chaksa Longarms are pretty terrible.

You're paying 80 points for three 1-wound models with BS 12 and no Visual Mods. The Autocannon in particular is in consideration for one of the worst profiles in the game. Or at least in Spiral Corps/Tohaa (their home armies).

Just pay 5 more points and get a Karhu Feuerbach. +1 BS, MSV1, Mim(-3), +1 Burst, 6-2 move, NCO, Wildcard... sure you lose 1 damage roll per hit, but you can actually LAND those hits. And the Autocannon is overkill for anything except TAGs anyways, so the extra damage is usually much less important than actually hitting.

Longarms have decent durability and cool loadouts but they can't fight anything resembling a decent ARO piece; they shoot like Fusiliers but cost over twice as much. With 1 Wound and no Shock-Immune it usually doesn't take long before they lose a FtF and disappear off the board. Even if they live, they don't have Cubes, so good luck Doctor'ing them back up.

The only profile that does see some play is the cheapest one; the 22 point guy with a Combi, Pulzar, and E/M Grenades. He's got a lot of tools for kicking down the door in Armory or Panic Room, and you can throw two Wildcards in with him to make the link cheaper/more effective.

Golem2God, Arkaon1125 and Lesh' like this.
  3. fritzthecat

fritzthecat Member

Thanks. Wasn't sure really as I haven't played a game in n4 and they looked kinda neat and I remember the autocannon being kind of a cool gun in ariadna tho it does come on a camo troops I suppose makes a big difference

4. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Autocannon itself isn't bad, but Longarms Haris ain't efficient as a Fireteam that contains Karhu.. And I think ARM 3 / +1 Dam BS of Longarms can't supercede BS13 / Mime -3 / MSV L1 / 6-2 Climb+ of Karhu.

Longarm's autocannon hits harder, and the potention damage output is a bit larger (9 vs. 8), but they lack the ablity to actually score a hit, which Karhu is better at.

Dunno why CB put Longarms in a such Sectorial.

#4 Ugin, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    Golem2God, Stiopa and Lesh' like this.
  5. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Longarm Autocannon is pretty bad, whether it's in a Haris or Solo.

Autocannon is designed to go after TAGs, but B2 BS12 vs. B1 BS14 is a coinflip, and the chance that you kill the TAG vs. go unconscious to an Multi-HMG EXP round is incredibly disadvantaged.

In fact, against a theoretical BS 14, ARM 8 TAG in cover with a Multi-HMG, you deal .97 damage per attack, but you take .53 damage back, which means that over multiple attacks you will likely go unconscious before you manage to kill the TAG.

Meanwhile, the Karhu vs the same TAG is inflicting 1.34 damage per attack while only taking .25 damage back. MUCH better.

And this is without Fireteam boosts; the Karhu can get Core boosts, while the Autocannon is limited to Haris. Factor in MSV1 on top and the Karhu is just a vastly superior shooter. The Chaksa can't even take out the target it's designed to.

Golem2God and Lesh' like this.
  6. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

It's a crying shame they're so bad game-wise, the models are one of the best recently released :(

Golem2God, Arkaon1125 and Delta57Dash like this.
  7. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I concur since the Autocannon I've said was refering to the weapon itself, not the Autocannon loadout of Longarms.

Delta57Dash likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation