1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missile Launcher Hac Tao

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Given that I use this profile on and off I probably should actually build one. Anybody got suggestions on which models to try kitbashing onto a Hac Tao model?

2. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Already seen a nice kitbash with the HD HacTao model using the Zuyong ML arm, I think in the WGC fb page. Even bought the parts to do it and have every profile of HacTao available.

Savnock likes this.
  3. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

If you do go down this route, do try to throw an assault pistol on there. If the CB law of conservation of conversions holds true, that might give us a chance of getting a secondary weapon on there too.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  4. Triumph

Unfortunately that's what the Nanopulser is. The Swiss on the other hand was given a much better LSG.

5. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

@zapp posted his ML Hac Tao in the conversion thread not too long ago. Was based on the hac Tao hacker if I am not mistaken and looked pretty great painted.

6. Weathercock

The difference was more meaningfully close when the LSG wasn't just a better DTW.

7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Explode(failed Guts Roll) anyone?

8. Triumph

[​IMG]

9. Weathercock

I know this is meant for the Jujak thread, but they should give it to the ML Yan Huo.

Treat it like a reverse frenzy and cut its points by a third for it.

10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Uh. Whoops. How did it end up in this thread? Yeah, it was basically a response to your mustache twirl comment

11. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Yes, it's the Zuyong ML and the Hac Tao Hacker. I had to cut off the MR from his back and resculpt it with greenstuff. Letting your opponents know that you have the model available from time to time is useful. ;-)

https://zappallot.smugmug.com/Miniature-Painting/Infinity/Yu-Jing/

#11 zapp, Sep 20, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  12. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

I am curious about your comment, and since I have the pieces here, can you expand on this? Seems like you had to remove the ML from the Zuyong Shoulderpad, did the sword also require should rework? And the helmet, you filed the hacker visor right?

13. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

That's a really nice conversion... subtle and menacing, and exactly what you don't want to see peeking over a tabletop at you.

zapp likes this.
  14. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I did the original conversion when the Zuyong Box came out, but if I remember correctly, I just had to cut the sword from the hand. It should be "free floating" over the shoulderpad. But, you could also keep the sword, it was too much imho even for a HacTao to handle a ML and a sword. ;-)
    I cut the right arm right next to the hacking device and then just filed it until the Zuyong arm was fitting in. I think I did not change anything on the Zuyong arm, its still the his armor plate.
    There will be a gap in the armpit though. I filled that with greenstuff and modelled the the "muscle strands" to match with the original body.

The biggest work was done on the back. I had to cut the MULTI rifle with a jewelers saw and re-model the back part with greenstuff. The rifle is now used on the Daofei ex-HMG body, but I had to also resculpt the rifles handle.

Now that I compare my model with the original one, I remember that I indeed filed the visor, haha.

Overall, the pose could be better. The model is looking a bit too much "through" the ML and I like the HMG helmet better, but in general, I like the conversion.
    I did not play the hacker very often and thus was fine to use his model. And I also have the N2 version of the HacTao hacker somewhere if I one time in the future should build a list with him.

#14 zapp, Sep 24, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Willen likes this.
  15. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for the info. I will take a look this weekend; sadly my green stuff skills are probably not that good to do all that fancy work.

Now I see that indeed the shouldpad on the ML arm is the Zuyong one. I thought it was the original HT one.

I actually thought about replacing the helmet with a head, like in hero Zuyong, but then it takes away some of the mystique of HacTaos...

I do have the original ML HacTao girl, which I LOVE the sculpt, just wished she was not so thin (thinner than a Zhanshi!).

Yours is an amazing conversion, and it must be fun to pop it in the table once or twice as well!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation