1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fedaykins JSA, Mercs, Shasvastii and yu Jing

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Fed4ykin, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Finished this petite Lady last week. I just don´t get the eyes right on this small Miniatures. But i think it will do. Braid is from a Ragik [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

dulydude, infyrana, Engorn and 7 others like this.
  2. Fed4ykin

It´s been a while. But i was able to finish something in the meantime. Despite a damaged Ankle and Vacation.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I finisched the Kuang shi core and painted up my Wu Ming Multi Grenadelauncher conversion.
    [​IMG]
    I just wanted to Check how the Painted Miniatures do in a small groupshot. I´ll have to do snowbases for them to finish them off.
    i had a small pause after this beacause i was unsure what to do next.
    When i hurt my Ankle i decided to do the Models i am least excited for so i took all the Celestials and batchpainted them in the last week.
    They will do doubleduty as Zhanshi as i like the helmeted heads more.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    As i have tackled that i think i will allow myself to do a crane next.

#62 Fed4ykin, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  3. Fed4ykin

Definitely not ADil in Crane Agent armor finished. Sponaneously decided that Cranes get one arm with black armor. spend more time than i like to admit with his cloak. The Helmet is from the Gui Feng Spec ops.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

redeemer, dulydude, Willen and 10 others like this.
  4. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Fed4ykin Great job so far on your Yu Jing forces. This I.S.S. contingent is going to look nice on the table.

5. Fed4ykin

Another servant of the glorous Emperor is ready for duty. I finished this guy up a while ago and hoped to make an Update together with some not quite volunteering subjects of the emperor that are near completion. I had a short innuendo with my inner demons and succumbed to depression so i wasn´t able to finish that off as planned. I hope i will get back on track shortly.
    Back to the Kanren: i am not completely satisfied with the scabbard and since i bought him alreay assambled and primed there are some points where detail isn´t as sharp as it could be but otherwise i am pretty happy with him. Even managed to give his eyes an iris and pupils... something i never got right before.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Fed4ykin

As i said in my last post: The not so voluntary Assault Corps is now painted and awaits basing (which will happe once the whole sectorial is painted.

From left to right: Wu Ming with Combi/E/mitter and Mines, Wu Ming Multi-grenadelauncher, Wu Ming SMG & Chainrifle. Two of those were painted in another batch but i think its pretty consistent.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Next up: Wu Ming HRL, Wu Ming BSG with Sun Tzes right arm, and Wu Ming HMG i converted[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And the Next Group: The HMG Wu Ming in origianl pose, the Panzerfaust and the original BSG. So i now have 9 Wu Ming to hopefully wreak some havoc with. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I Really love the Sculpts of the Wu ming and it was a Joy to paint them and to see them all together in their "Glory". So as a bonus a Groupshot.
    [​IMG]

#66 Fed4ykin, Sep 13, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    redeemer, Golem2God, Oni and 4 others like this.
  7. Fed4ykin

Afer doing a lot of Yu Jing lately i felt a little exausted and wanted to do something different.
    I own a collection of Spiral Corps/Tohaa models which up to this day are primed and nothing else. My plan up until now was to paint this at least shady aliens in the coloursheme of the Alpha Legion from 40K. So Blue/green armor, silver trims, detail and purple symbiontarmor. I thought that this wold fit and look great.
    But recently i had an idea i had to follow up so i am currently working on a testmodel for my new plan.
    Here a reference for what i am aiming at: [​IMG]Mantisshrimps (in this case a Peacock mantisshrimp) are such cool and alien looking creatures and somehow i got inspired to adapt this coloursheme for my tohaa. And so i tried: As you can see the Kiel Saan is still pretty much WIP but the armor is slowly taking shape. What do you think is this overkill in colours or does it work?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Fed4ykin

it´s been a while an i wasn´t really able to do a whole lot since i had Tendinitis in both my Wrists and was damned to do nothing for 3 weeks... that was quite frustrating.
    But here is a little update to the Kieel Saan thats almost finished right now. just the pistol and the holster and smallfry.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Backshot is from a little earlier but i think it shows what there is to show.[​IMG]
    What do you say did i succeed in adapting the Mantisshrimps colours?

redeemer, nehemiah, Willen and 5 others like this.
  9. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

That is indeed how the Mantis Shrimp do

10. Fed4ykin

i wasn´t very productive in a while meaning i didn´t finish anything for a while. So my Kiel Saan sat on my desk for a while after it survived a three storey drop from the windowledge... without masive damage. maybe it was frustration and anger about my own stupidity to let a freshly varnished model cure on the window ledge... it was late and i didn´t want to go outside and didn´t want to wake up the wife and son.
    but finally i worked up the courage to pick up the brush again and tried my best to repair and lay the finishing touches on my Kiel Saan.
    i tried my hand on some new technieques and processess here and am over all pretty happy with him and the time invested.
    So there might be more tohaa friends for him to come one day.

redeemer, burlesford, ETEA and 3 others like this.
  11. Fed4ykin

Back from the excourse to filhty unhonorable Aliens to the mighty State Empire and its loyal Servants. I Started out with the Zhanying agents. I got the Breaker rifle one secondhand and already assambled so some details on his back were botched up by glue but overall it was a fun and for me pretty fast paintjob with two evenings. And as i had found new motivation i thought why not do another Zhanying and painted up my HMG Conversion i did from the same base model. [​IMG][​IMG]
    The Twins:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    And Why stop there when there is still one more Zhanying in my pile of unpainted miniatures. He is already lurking in the background of the twins. The ML Zhanying was tackled pretty fast for my standard too. I invest way too much time into the Trenchcoats.
    . [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

I envy your ability to use colourful scheme that remain coherent.

13. Fed4ykin

The last miniatures of last and the first miniature of this year.
    i finished my two remianing Pheasant Agents and tried something new on their swords: painting a black/grey/white gradient on the blades and paint over it with contrast paints... has a good effect but i guess is should have glazed over it as the red got a little bit too dark.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The Avatar is painted to fit in with my shasvastii. he almost painted himself in two days. only the destroyed Gorgos to paint up and adding a little bit of alien blood on his leg.[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

redeemer, Oni, burlesford and 4 others like this.
  14. Fed4ykin

One Angry Guy shaking his fist! a really iconic Miniature of the Imperial Service. I had al ot of fun and joy finishing him up. I took my time since he deserves it to look as fabulous as i can make him. Now to put him on the table and submit the enemies of the Jade emperor!

redeemer, Wizzy, Oni and 4 others like this.
  15. Fed4ykin

Finally finished my Hsien, since i had two HMG hsien one was converted to represent the MMR-profile. With these woe out of the way and the Su Jian i finished in Febuary. there are just two miniatures left and i am done with my imperial service... the Yu jing Part at least... So all these guys i painted in the last nine months will get based soon and i will try to take some groupshots.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

redeemer, Oni, Golem2God and 3 others like this.
  16. Fed4ykin

Xi Zhunag and Adil mark the end of the needed Yu jing Troopers for my Imperial service. As a bonus my converted limited crane with the swordhand of the Hsien and the left hand of Sun Tze. I salvaged the shoulderguards from the original model and sculpted new arms with greenstuff with a bit puffy sleeves as i am not good enough with greenstuff to scult actual armorplates. at the time i am working on Sun Tze as i can´t leave him unfinished. Then i will have to paint the Aleph loaners for the imperial service. I hope you like my guys.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. Fed4ykin

Finished Sun Tze and tried my hand on some NMM gold and worked my way up from purple in the blue to give him something to show off his status. I really like the outcome. Too sad that i wont put him on the table that often.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

redeemer, nehemiah, jherazob and 3 others like this.
  18. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Very promising for a first.
    You keep improving with every new mini.

Fed4ykin likes this.
  19. Fed4ykin

With my Imperial Service Yu Jing troops finished i decided it was time for a seperatist.
    So here is my first try of a fading Camoeffect on Shinubo Kitsune. took me about 4 Hours from start to finish.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Jumara, redeemer, burlesford and 9 others like this.
  20. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Fed4ykin Love the pink and white colors you used on her.

Fed4ykin likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation