1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still alive?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Ghost87, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

Vostok is really good because he come with his own repeter. We can drop a white noise on him and procede to shoot everything that can't ignore his -6. If I had a HI with a MSV and an HMG I could start considering it as an alternative, but as things stand Vostok is best gunfighter we can deploy with proper support.

csjarrat likes this.
  2. [Ghost]

[Ghost] Member

Just remove Wildcard from the Mim-6 profile. This would boost the other profiles (which are less no-brainers and need a solid plan how to get the most out of Albedo) and would reduce the mod stacking.

PS: Welcome to nomads. The only faction that complains when getting units which are too strong :)

Tourniquet and Savnock like this.
  3. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

It's not that it's necessarily too strong on its own, its just that it's mere existence knackers the internal balance of the faction. When something is a total auto take and outshines other, previously valid choices, you know you've got a problem unit. Nothing a swift nerf bat won't fix mind! Lots of different options for balancing it better!

Tourniquet and Savnock like this.
  4. Spellbreaker90

In Vostok defense, I think the Evader is the true problematic model. All around the only thing that break Vostok is being wild card. I play Vanilla and the Vostok is strong, but he not the end of the world. Evader on the other side it's just to cheap for what he brings.

5. csjarrat

Yeah, full link team bonuses are the big nasty for the vostok. Evo support and link bonuses make it insane, especially powered up by cheapo LI teams as still got plenty of points for big nasties

6. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

We're going to see some changes to linkteam bonuses probably, that may help handle or reduce the Vostok's balance problems at least.

csjarrat likes this.
  7. csjarrat

Tbh, there's a few factions and more than a few profiles that could do with a balance pass doing across the spectrum of forces.

Savnock likes this.
  8. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

It's a good sign... both of a playerbase who desire good challenges more than easy-buttons, and of a faction that gets a bit -too- much love from the developers sometimes.

Tourniquet likes this.
  9. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Pretty sure most us would prefer something slightly different from the norm that accomplishes something in an interesting manner (Albedo Profiles) as opposed to DUURRR MIMETIC DUDE GO BRRRRRRR (ODD Profile), if we wanted that we would be playing Pano.

Ugin and Savnock like this.
  10. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Exactly. Nomads used to appeal aesthetically and logically to people who prefer lateral thinking, and scrounging for treasure. Not a big fan of the overpowered stuff like the Vostok or the underpricing (sorry... "extremely optimized point builds") of stuff like Evaders, Hollowmen, or Riot Grrls.

And that moment where Morans were the most broken thing in the game until CB nerfed them at faction players' request was nuts.

Tourniquet and Tristan228 like this.
  11. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Agree to 110%.

Savnock likes this.
  12. Spellbreaker90

On a side note I think Nomads Combat Jump game is left unexplored by CB, we have only 2 model, while I think that should be a focus for Nomads with space operation. I would like to see a Nomad HI with Combat Jump.

13. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

I for one love me some ODD Vostok and wouldn't be happy to see it gone. Might be an unpopular opinion but I think Albedo profiles are trash compared to DUURRR MIMETIC DUDE GO BRRRRRRR goodness. ODD is just so much more reliable most of the time and having a 2STR monster behind it and a Tomcat Engineer support allows for some really hardcore push situations. In the other hand Albedo allows for stuff that Nomads can already accomplish with a variety of tools.

Also I see a lot of bitching about ODD Vostok, but let's be honest it's just S16 MK12, not a nuclear bomb. In AP HMG being given to everyone left and right era it's not crazy OP. Just ODD being ODD on a reliable platform.

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  14. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

I switched to O-12. It has more Mimetism and MSV, can better shoot and has HD+.
    At first it wasn’t appealing to me, but with the additional troops from Starmada, which I completely ignored due to the desinterest of O-12, it has most I’m playing with Nomads anyway plus some goodies.

15. csjarrat

We've got 4 mate, karlotta, tomcats, hellcats and the zond :-)

nazroth likes this.
  16. Elric of Grans

Elric of Grans Well-Known Member

You could comfortably argue Raoul as a fifth, given his availability in Tunguska and StarCo.

Delta57Dash and csjarrat like this.
  17. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

And Zondcats / Moriarty.

Although some of those are Parachutist

18. Spellbreaker90

They have Para rule. Combat jump is different thing especially when you bring an EVO hacker.

19. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Riot Grrls and Hollowmen are merely optimised statwise while Evaders are actually straight up underpriced. They're cheating their cost when you cross reference them with other units.

Savnock likes this.
  20. Pander22

Pander22 Well-Known Member

I always felt that Riots and Hollows were all right balance wise and are unique, Dont get me wrong Riots are really good but everything pales compared to the evaders imo,
    The AP spitfire is in every list ive built its almost an auto include, Climbing plus is really cool and I like the idea that nomads were a cool climbing faction bran, rems, Tomcats, and now evaders aswell its just such an easy auto include for me compared to say a brigada, I hate to say it but it feels a bit like power creep, I probably would have been happy if they made something like corregidor brigadas like Orcs have for varuna and they just have climbing plus and maybe some sort of AP or something that gives them more tricks,

Vostoks I can never fit into my list exactly and normally take a tysklon instead but that feels good for the price, Vostok do need a bit of a nerf i think but not sure what it would be, maybe a rem with more ticks of some kind that a straight up attack piece

Sombras are now my new favorite profile and model but they at least have competion in the camo and infiltrator aspects of your list, they are close to an intruder in points and when deciding to take a sombra or a moran and a bandit for example I have a tough time with it,

Edit - I forgot to mention how good Jazz and billy are, I really think hacking plus with trinity upgrade pitcher and everything just makes interventors not worth it anymore, when you could take these guys, correg just seems a little overtuned,

#140 Pander22, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    Savnock likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation