1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity and 40k

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by LankyOgreBP, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I've been combining Undead/Necromantic Blood Bowl teams with Necromunda Cawdor gangers. So far the pieces have been fitting nicely.
    As for mainland 40k I only care about Tau now. Infinity still holds my attention as the serious wargame purchases. Warhammer & the smaller games like Necromunda, etc...where always more hobby projects that could be placed & played on the tabletop.

2. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Hating the previous iteration of KT was what actually drove me to Infinity in the first place. While I'm intrigued by the new edition, I'm kind-of done with giving GW the benefit of the doubt since I don't feel like they have the players' best interests in mind. Good on people who like the new edition though - play what makes you happy.

chromedog and Golem2God like this.
  3. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

I like to describe it as: GW is no longer a Hobby Company, it's a Toy Company (think Mattel, Hasbro, etc.) disguised as a hobby company. While that is not enough to explain all their behaviors, it goes a long freaking way to it.
    We here in the Infinity side have it so damn good! Even with all it's many faults and it's history of fuckups and issues, CB actually freaking cares about us. That is enough for me to MUCH prefer staying here.

bladerunner_35, Lawson and Golem2God like this.
  4. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Now I feel guilty about actually liking GW's stuff :\

5. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

Don't, you're allowed to like things even if others don't. Is GW a perfect company? hell no; are they baby eating Satan worshippers? also no. of the two CB is the better company with the better product but GWs stuff is still fun, i still enjoy it (mostly, screw you Aeldari psychic flyers that couldn't be hit, may you suffer eternally at the hands of She Who Thirsts) and if you do too then good on you, and if you don't, good for you also live your best life.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  6. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Meh, there's no reason to feel like that, cool stuff is cool stuff, that's not their problem, it's the way they do things that is the problem. I bet the people in design and whatever are still excited about things, while the execs are the ones looking at the fans with contempt. Those are the ones deserving derision, the bosses, not what-his-face in the minis department wanting to create the next round of, say, Eldar or Tyranids or something (both which have minis old enough to legally drink), and being ordered to create another stupid Primaris Lieutenant instead.

RolandTHTG likes this.
  7. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Indexing the reddit topic of comparisons between Infinity and Warhammer 40K, between the meme and the universe entry guide to help 40k entrants (ᗒᗊᗕ) - It's well done all the same :)
    #impertinence/20 #triggering
    Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/InfinityTheGame/comments/joe7wr/understanding_infinity_for_40k_players/

Understanding Infinity for 40K players
    [​IMG]

Understanding Infinity Profiles for 40K Players
    [​IMG]

Understanding Infinity Skills & Equipment for 40K Players
    [​IMG]

Understanding Infinity Factions for 40K Players
    [​IMG]

Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  8. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

From a comic book I made from the idea of an episode of south park (episode 3 Wing of season 9), where the fountains have been replaced by statues of miniatures.

Business in the Hobby for Dummies, parody
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Transcription:
    Challenger
    Leader du marché
    Cours de business dans le hobby - 01
    l'érection de symboles pour attirer dans le hobby
    - Pour attirer des clients on a juste besoin de montrer qu'on a une GROSSE STATUE qui troue le cul, toutes les grandes boites ont une statue.
    Faut faire croire aux clients qu'on est important et qu'ils ont besoin de nous. Alors qu'en fait, on va juste leurs taxer de la tune ...
    - [Interplanetario] ... Bienvenue à notre événement annuel ... Comme tu peux le constater nous avons un boite FLORISSANTE ... Tu as remarqué la statue ? Elle est jolie hein ?
    - Superbes figurines ... mais en métal ! Est-ce que ça te dirai de signer chez nous petit ?
    on est moins bien mais nos figs sont faciles à monter et il y'a beaucoup plus de joueurs. En plus on en a 2, bien plus grosses, de ~5m de HAUT devant notre siége, qui fait des centaines de millions depuis plus de 40 ans ?
    - Messieurs il semblerait que nous ayons un problème... nous avons développé le gout du modélisme dans le monde, depuis les années 50 !
    La NOTRE fait 20m et on en a fait 4 ! Vous n'êtes personne !
    On fait ça depuis des dizaines d'années et personne n'a les couilles de nous prendre le marché, qui nous rapporte toutes activités confondues, des milliards !
    -oh mon dieu les mecs ... ils ont vraiment une statue d'enfer !!

#228 Wizzy, Mar 19, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    jherazob likes this.
  9. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Indexing of Games Workshop / Infinity comparisons found in the old imgur library at 2K images.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jherazob likes this.
  10. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

More

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jherazob likes this.
  11. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

More and end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jherazob likes this.
  12. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

haha I saw the new prices of the Steel Legion, their old character figs are twice as expensive as the old Takeshi :joy::joy:

[​IMG]

This old bundle is 434e, for same price you can get the whole old Bakunin collection and even the new reboot bundle as a bonus... Or about 200 bars of chocolates, to see the priorities. :smiling_imp:

[​IMG]

Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  13. Golem2God

I think the new Votann Squats from GW could fit into Infinity's universe. Be it having trading contracts to various species & offering mercenary services as well. I wonder what alien races would be on their grudge list? The Exrah seems to have a similar outlook as the Votann Kin. Being business minded and offering their own services & trading opportunities to anyone who will pay for them. So Squats & Exrah could be rivals to each other at least or outright hostile when it comes to their business goals.

14. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

We augurs continue to interpret the signs... Last year we had Sisters of Battle rallying Bakunin, there were hexagonal signs of an N5 arriving in 2025 and now the Ultramarines are arriving - no, we're still in the Sphere era, so it must be Storm Wardens - to bring the light that will rekindle humanity's lost hope in these dark times. And Evolved Intelligence is just about to get the one thing it came for.

[​IMG]

From the signs, we can draw a preliminary conclusion: the N5 will suggest the Fourth Offensive that will put an end to the Human Sphere as we know it, Concilium will fall due to its corruption, the great human powers will regroup under the Nomads' expertise in Worldship technology and flee across space to wage endless war against the UR Hegemony.

[​IMG]
    While the last O-12 commissars remain to support the Great Imperial Army of Ariadna, whose totally isolated planet will try as best it can to remain independent, and which will now be governed by Merovingia in the name of Emperor-God Napoleon IV, who has long remained in the shadows and who has managed to " coalesce " the other nations against the Kazaks.

[​IMG]

And ALEPH, now alone and wandering in the remnants of the Human Sphere, will achieve the only thing her code intended... to become Skynet and hunt humanity down until their complete extermination...

[​IMG]

In the meantime, the catalog is starting to provide enough basic proxies to Infinityser Warhammer or the reverse, and play this in Infinity, Kill Team or OPR and other rules with this minis.

Otherwise I'd seen this in the last few months. A new amazing comparison in the Games Workshop war against Corvus Belli!!!!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/InfinityTh...rmy_actually_cost/?rdt=45001&onetap_auto=true
    comparaison gw / cb
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a versus painting.
    Warhammer 40K vs Infinity: Models & Painting

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  15. Golem2God

I think the Leagues of Votann/Squats could be a good choice of a 40k faction that could easily slip into the Infinity Universe lore a fit well into it. Tyranids could also be another good faction choice for a crossover. Maybe Seraphon/Lizardmen?

16. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

New meme for category Infinity vs GW.

image0.jpg

17. Golem2God

Very good idea and comparison.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation