1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please CB Core and Haris of Jujaks for WB!

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Onisa, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Onisa

Onisa Member

Hello comrades of the empire state! Taking advantage of the new and fantastic box of Jujaks! I appeal to ask corvus haris and core de Jujaks! I think it is a change that would suit the white banner very well! what do you think about my comrades?

the huanglong likes this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Yea things we've already been wanting since WB came out. Instead they got the dregs of IA who got stationed on the frozen hell because their commander didn't like them.

the huanglong likes this.
  3. HotFreshTofu

HotFreshTofu Well-Known Member

unfortunately jujak are kind of useless right now. what you really need is not a FT core or haris, as no one would ever use it over the zhanshi core with shang ji. You need special fire team 1 or 2 ju jak can join a zhanshi fire team.

nazroth likes this.
  4. Space Ranger

I disagree. Zhanshi are too squishy, especially in certain missions. I know they would be my first target to disable the fireteam. However, Jujak do need more to be a good fireteam by themselves. Hacker, FO, Doc/Para, etc. Just an engineer is not going to cut it unless they allow others to join them.

5. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Yeah, not going to lie, I still wouldn't take a Jujak team if the option were available. They don't really offer much to set them apart from the far superior (heh) Shang Ji at the moment. They're cheaper, sure, but if I wanted cheaper, worse Shang Ji, I'd just play IA, where the Zuyongs are also being phased out and they're still in a better spot.

What they need is some identity defining utility.

Albedo would be cool. And fitting.

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Swapping roles would make White Banner feel less like IA's unloved stepsibling when building with heavy infantry.

Shang-Ji requires a Jujak Fireteam. Jujak are Wildcards, Duo, Haris, Core.

Probably would result in the sectorial needing a bit of grease elsewhere, though. I don't mean huge shifts, but maybe smaller stuff like Gongcheng and Yisheng counts as Zhanshi and Liang Kai counts as Ye Mao as well as Shaolin. Stuff that's complementary to the shift that this Shang-Jak shift means.

Ugin, zapp, the huanglong and 3 others like this.
  7. Space Ranger

I take back what I said. Jujak are great in White Company with Kaplans, CSU, and Liang Kai. So allowing them with Zhanshi and Ye Mao could be good too.

Ye Mao I guess should be able to core too but they are harder to use super jump with others that don't have it.

8. Mahtamori

Depends on what you intend to use super jump for. Gaining an awkward LOF? Only need it on the leader. Gaining vertical height? Well... As I've written elsewhere, I still haven't done the math, but mathing from the hip you'd have to find the edge case where the building is 1,8" tall and you're standing 0,5" from the wall. Using it as an entire order skill you might be able to get up a somewhat taller building, but you'll have to stand further from the wall.

Or you can cheat. I honestly recommend cheating when it comes to jumping.

9. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

Liang Kai wildcard
    Jujak Core & Harris,

I will be a happy man driving a JJ harris this way. Would finnaly have means to go Shang-Ji + Zhanshi core and JJ Harris for pushing towards objective.

archon likes this.
  10. Hisey

Hisey Well-Known Member

I've often said what want to see for Jujaks to define them is to lean very heavily into their various flamethrowers.

I'd love to see them get immunity(continuous damage), +1B to their heavy flame throwers, and the boarding shotgun profiles changed to Vulcan shotguns instead. If you really wanted to make them unique you could even give them explode as their fuel detonates when they die.

This fits them nicely into a thematic role for the environment of Svalarheima as they burn everything. Also, I'd love to paint them up with scorch marks like a SC firebat.

11. Mahtamori

Explode should be conditional skill like Transmutation so that they could have it trigger on going to Dead instead of hard-coded to Unconscious only.

12. Weathercock

This is Yu Jing. Twirl that moustache like you mean it.

#12 Weathercock, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  13. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Really they should have some kind of voluntary trigger to guarantee you get your explode when you want it. Short order explode skill would be great.

It's viciously hard to get your Kuang Shi to explode these days without getting doubled or shocked out.

14. Hisey

Hisey Well-Known Member

Yes, but we're talking about 2W, Immunity(shock) Jujaks.

I'm not married to the explode idea, I just think it would be fun. The other changes I suggested are the ones I'd really like to see.

15. Space Ranger

Chest Mine (Fire)?

16. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Fair enough, just got me thinking about explode and how it so rarely comes into play with voluntary dogged. (It really should do more damage than a chain rifle to make it an option worth considering for Kuang Shi).

Naffatun could use some of the same rules buff, whatever it is. The Azra'il is the one that picked up the BS Attack (Continuous Damage) that makes it a terrifying rock star.

17. Weathercock

The issue facing the Naffatun is more to do with DTWs going on to every trooper being a bad design decision, rather than any specific problem with the trooper itself. I'd much rather see that ubiquity rolled back in some sort of fashion, as I don't think it's great for the game as a whole.

That said, from a more realistic perspective, yeah, they need help. Badly.

18. Chaserabinov

Chaserabinov Well-Known Member

I must confess that the idea of flame thrower users exploding sounds really good :).
    The Jujaks could use a little buff, they are not very appealing right now.

19. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

Auto Explode on death would make these a really solid area denial unit. Even a sole Jujak would be great to field, even if it was meant to just stand there and defend the depzone.

20. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

I've seen a lot of suggestions on how to spice up Jujaks. This thread is just gold. I'm really hoping their profile gets a 2nd take with the release of So-Rah.

Explode+chestmines would really be that extra hint of flavor that would make them stand out from the HI pack, add some utility and make them even an appealing option for Vanilla.

Its also make them feel like a video game flamethrower guy which is sweet. Emphasize their very unique look that emphasizes the flamethrower so much. The big tank and obviously fireproofed armor is reflected so little in their stats.

I'd also agree to fix their fireteams. Let them at least Haris to have your shock team of pyromaniacs dive into high risk CQB and preserve our more valuable state agents.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation