1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Jujaks and Korean character

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Damn, those guys look hot. I want them, but I can barely justify bringing the one Jujak model that I have :joy:

2. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Is that definitely the character?

A character with a rifle is definitely going to need to bring something to the mix to find daylight amongst Yu Jing's bloated HI line up.

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Actually never mind. I take back what I said. I forgot I've tried making Jujak teams. By the time you take 5 of them, you don't have much for the rest of force. Kinda the same thing trying to do a full SJ team but at least you have some TacAware.

4. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I'll wait for the 360s but these look very tempting. I'll need that spitfire at the very least, maybe also the ML. The character doesn't particularly interest me design-wise, but it might turn out to be the Jujak enabler.

5. Space Ranger

If that is the character, it's very... not characterful.

6. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

No that you mention it, that might not be the character after all. Here's hoping it's not.

7. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Character render is literally in the first post, that's definitely So-Ra.

Knauf likes this.
  8. Triumph

They can't form anything besides a Duo on their own so by the time you take 5 of them you've only fucked yourself over while cheating because they're AVA 4 in their home sectorial just like Zhanshi.

The only AVA 5 troops in White Banner are Shang Ji, who are in the wrong sectorial, Ye Mao who can't form a core link and have no reason to take 5 of them ever, and Monks, who don't really want to run 5 of them in Tactical Window because you over bloat on irregular orders.

We would all do well to remember that CB was slamming huge rails of coke when they were running balance passes on White Banner. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#168 Triumph, Sep 7, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    the huanglong and nazroth like this.
  9. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I think they look pretty good. I wish there was an Engie profile, but I’ll probably just use the ML as an Engie given it has a panzerfaust.

I am still curious as to why people would want a pure Jujak Core? Like why wouldn’t you want a Shang-Ji pointman for them? Is it mostly due to having to take a few SJ to allow the fireteam to reform if they lose the lord and savior?

10. Triumph

[​IMG]

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  11. Space Ranger

Yes I know. Earlier I said I'd buy them IF they could form a team on their own. But even if they could I might not because they are still not great.

12. Space Ranger

Have you tried making a SJ+JJ core? After you have them all, it's over half of your army. All the other kids get additions that make the team cheaper, not more expensive.

[​IMG]5
    JUJAK Combi Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 26)
    SHÀNG JÍ MULTI Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 36)

0 SWC | 140 Points

Open in Infinity Army

It's also for me a bit of a pride thing. IA already had a core of Shang Ji and Zhanshi. Then WB came out and they only get two Core. Zhanshi (cheap) and Shang Ji (expensive). Meanwhile, the native sons, Ye Mao get only a Haris and Jujak even less. So they are getting the dregs of IA.

So having Jujak core would at least make WB seem less like another version of IA.

13. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Ugh. More missile launchers. The most interesting Jujak is the Panzerfaust BSG one, IMO :(

14. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I mean, 5 man HI cores are pretty expensive everywhere? Like there exists some budget HI examples, but if you made an HI core of solely Orcs it would also be around the price of the 1 SJ+ 4 Jujaks.

I just don’t know if the 17 pt you save by having a Jujak spitfire instead in a Core is a good trade off?

And I’m not really saying its 100% worth it either. I’ve played a 3SJ/2 Jujak Core, but it was in Armory where it was quite fun, and I still managed 15 orders before tac awareness/impetuous. That definitely doesn’t mean it is always worth it though!
    Unfortunately, our Shang Jisus packs some pretty heavy weaponry and the Jujaks all got combis+Hfts to really inflate their price. Comparatively though, the two factions who got their super cheap impetuous HI get either Spitfires or MMMR as their big offensive piece where as we get a Shock AP HMG.

#174 ldgif, Sep 8, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  15. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Gorgeous models, they even got an open helmeted head that doesn't look like ass.

But as things are, I could never justify the purchase, they'd never see the table, and my backlog runs far enough that they just aren't worth prioritizing in the slightest.

If So Ra is fantastic, I may as well just use the solo Kaldstrom Jujak that's been doing nothing but collecting dust as a proxy. Buying a full box for one profile and the rest mediocre filler just isn't enough to cut it.

Chaserabinov likes this.
  16. Space Ranger

Its not so much about them but about the rest of the force. Others HI do cost similar but they have other cheaper troops to make up for it. Like Riot Girls have Zeroes, Hollowmen and Hecklers, etc. WB have some other good troops like Guilang and Tiger Soldiers, but not cheap. I can get other forces to 14-15 troops with HI, good ones too, but it's harder with WB. Our cheap troops are Zhanshi but only AVA4, and Shaolin which are irregular and Impetuous smoke chuckers and not much else.

#176 Space Ranger, Sep 8, 2021
  17. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Riot Grrls are quite an exception, even back in N3 days, and once again they do lack the offensive firepower that the Shang Ji brings.

As someone who also plays TJC, they suffer way more than WBA in terms of orders due to how expensive everything is for them! It is harder to even get them to 15 considering they lack any WB(Until the MBH come).

Shaolin are a pretty good threat and way more than “just smoke throwers”.

I think cross-faction comparisons aren’t the best however, as each Sectorial does have its’ own set limitations by CB.

Does WBA seem to have some weird and lame limitations? Of course it does, but I think in any faction deciding to build a 5 man HI team is always going to set some hard limitations.

I also believe that its important to test and fully understand the limitations of each sectorial as not every sectorial is going to function the same. I think wish-listing for options that are probably never going to happen isn’t always as conductive as trying to figure out what works in the set limitations given to us!

Space Ranger and colbrook like this.
  18. archon

archon Well-Known Member

They do, read the text block:

But I won't give so much ob it until its in the army builder. My guess is breaker/ lft. I will get the box, the look very cool and somehow they will find their way on the table. But it would be better if the rules will support this. The character, # 21 for YJ, could make the difference, if they not make a rules update for the Jujaks. Oh and note, we have Tinbot #3 :neutral_face:

19. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

The Tinbot coud´ve been the Engineer with vulkanshotgun we all wanted. But other than that these guys look great. That alone might be a reason to get them. Another reason beeing my inner completionist

20. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

[wrong thread]

#180 fatherboxx, Sep 8, 2021
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation