1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working on a Battle Report Video for Aristeia!

Discussion in 'Game Reports' started by ZombieSashimi, Aug 30, 2021.

1. ZombieSashimi

ZombieSashimi Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I have been working on an Aristeia battle report for Youtube in a style that I want to see, but have not seen online anywhere.

I am nearly done with my prototype video and crammed it with as many ideas as possible. When it comes out I expect it to be a bit bloated, but with help from anyone interested in the project I would like to cut it down to the essentials for an enjoyable watch.

This prototype I am working on has me playing myself (as Covid in Japan is ramping up and I cannot go out to find opponents). That means it is not going to play out as naturally as I would like, but as a way for me to figure out the format it works.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback, find out if anyone is actually interested and if so, learn about what you want to see in this style of Batrep.

The below video has a basing tutorial at the beginning, but if you want to just see the sneak peak of the Bat Rep then go to the 2:41 mark and you can watch it from there.

HarlequinOfDeath, Lucian and Magno like this.
  2. Magno

Magno Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I dig it. That's a great idea for colored hexes. Gonna do that with acrylic.

ZombieSashimi likes this.
  3. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Looks really really nice.

I am not sure if this can be displayed in the video without taking too much space. But tracking hitpoints of characters as well as the cards every players has in his hand would be awesome.

4. ZombieSashimi

I think tracking all their cards will be a challenge to display (and keep a record of for the editing process). I do have an intro that goes over the chosen characters and the tactics they have chosen for the game, so this helps inform viewers of what character specific tactics might come up.

But I like the idea of having a clearer track of wounds on characters. Where the active character icon is I could easily make it smaller with all the characters icons from the team on each side. These could be accompanied by a wound tracker. Don’t think I am going to be able to implement it for this video, but will give it a go for the next.

5. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Check out those Spanish streams and their overlay:

Maybe somehow like this?

6. ZombieSashimi

I see how they have done the wound tracking. I have had a go at making a new overlay. Rather than a single character icon showing who is activated, it has all four of the team on each side. Whoever is activated goes from monochrome to colour so you know who is active and each icon has their remaining wounds listed out of their total wounds. It won’t make it into this edit, but I have a second game shot (with a real opponent) to edit next and I will definitely use the new overlay. Your suggestions have been really helpful. Thanks!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation