1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Other Sister

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Brokenwolf, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

So we all know how amazing Zuleyka is, but has anyone tried Zamira? While she will always stand in her sister's shadow, she is not bad. The E/M CC is an amazing weapon (and seems to be expensive) and with Immunity (Shock), she would definitely kill what she hits. I could see using them both as two bikes seem like a threat.

KedzioR_vo likes this.
  2. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yeah, Zamira isn't bad now, but still outshined by her sister. Never used her. To be honest I started converting her about a year ago (to make both girls more dynamic) and... never finished. Her playability isn't a good motivation to work on the miniature ;)

PozdRawiam / Greetings

3. Muad'dib

Muad'dib Well-Known Member

Given how good and cheap Zuleyka is, I feel like she and Zamira should have been a linked buy - similar to Scarface and Cordelia - and given the ability to duo link. Given the burst benefits that Zuleyka brings to the table and the 15 trooper limitation in N4, I feel that Zamira is not competitive enough to earn her spot in a list.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  4. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Back in N3 I did use of both sisters, but now, in N4, the "good" sister totally ecplipses her. Yes, EM is amazing, but with no CC skills or any extra like +1 burst it will be 1 dice agains 1 dice, not the best option, not even when we would be targeting troups with "lower CC". We have in haquisslam so many others E/M options...

I believe the problem with Zamira isn't her sister, not at all. If Zuelyka were not in haquisslam and the other kum profiles remain exactly the same as they are right now, probably I will not did use of any "kum". I find hard to place Zuleyka + other kum, even the cheapest one, in my lists. The 15 limit has change a lot of how some armies play. Haquisslam is probably one of those more affected.

Are Zamira or the others Kum bad profiles? Not at all, they are fast, they can do a lot of harm... but still they have a really really big base, so they are hard to hidde, and we can find other profiles in haquisslam more interesting for the same role as the "kum" would have. The thing is Zuleyka provides some extra to the list, she can do things other troups in the same points range and similar in kind (impetuous+irregular) can't, so we place her in our list. She can do things the other Kum don't, this is why we see Zuleyka and not any ther Kum.

Even if we choose not to put Zuleyka for some reason, probably because we want to play a fistfull of Kums, we will choose the 5 point option, because we would like the spam, so we need it cheap :( So, one more time, Zamira will be left apart.

Yes, I know, the topic was about to find a spot for "the nazarova little sister", but the thing I can't do it right now and I want to say why.

Master Efialtes and Brokenwolf like this.
  5. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

So, with the changes brought by ITS14, she might need a new look. Currently, unlike everyone else, she did not increase by a point. However, she gained berserk and Mimetism-3. Berserk on a 8-6 with a DAM 14 E/M CCW might have a use. Thoughts?

KedzioR_vo and Methuselah like this.
  6. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

I personally don't think berserk and e/m are rules that should be combined on any model in the game, let alone one that moves 8-6 and costs 11pts.

LaughinGod likes this.
  7. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

She is a 11 point 14 inch range ballistic missile with 10% chance of crit and if she fails the first time still has dogged for another go. Not sure if that is a healthy addition to the game.

Time Bandit likes this.
  8. Urist

Urist Well-Known Member

11 point TAG off switch. Nyoom.

9. CalamarRojo

CalamarRojo je veux être calife à la place du calife

10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

This gets really insane if the rumour that electing to turn Impetuous off (without turning the discount off) is going to become a core rule for bikes as the one chance you'll tend to get is when she spends a previous order getting LOF

11. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Like being in a fire team of one.

12. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

It's very powerful, but if someone positions in a way that a 55mm base has room to get in base contact with them, and can see them from 14" away. It's probably a bit their fault.

I think you can easily body block your important troopers to prevent her from getting hits on TAGs and what not.

Not saying she isn't very good (especially for the price cost), but I think it's really not going to be as bad as people think.

Jumara likes this.
  13. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

It's the first time since Zamira showed up that I want to try her. Especially that now she costs the same, as Zuleyka costed earlier ;)
    I have a conversion of her started months ago, maybe it's time to get back to that work, it's hard, but could be really satisfying... in the end.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

14. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

@Diphoration she has a smoke grenade launcher to provide cover and a crap ton of movement to go where she needs to be. Unless you plan on hiding all your TAGs and HI on the buildings she can probably get to you in 2 orders. And if a 11 point model forces you to hide your TAGs and HI on rooftops or what not, that is hell of a payoff.
    Sure it depends on terrain layout and bunch of other stuff, but realistically this is really crazy skill combination with great potential for abuse. And it is so cheap there is basically no downside.
    But hey, things like Atalanta also exist, so whatever let's do this.
    At least she doesn't have Berserk when she is dismounted yay.

15. Methuselah

Methuselah Well-Known Member

Note: You cannot Berserk while in smoke because Berserk requires LoF. Smoke will still help you get up the field though.

I asked the question in the rules forum: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/zamira-berserking-while-dismounted.41639/

LaughinGod likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation