1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biker Babes of the OSS

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by RolandTHTG, Aug 11, 2021.

?

Will you be running these in OSS

1. Not worth it

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. I'll try them in fun games

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. I'll include one

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. I'm adding a duo to my list immediately.

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

So, with the OSS getting availability 2 of these, anyone thinking of running them?

A 16 point duo is definitely tempting, especially as I've got two Penthesilea models. Don't know if they'll actually do anything, but an 8 point minesweeper isn't the worst investment. Who knows, she may even live to attack something!

Any other ideas you can think of for them?

upload_2021-8-11_10-11-28.png

Arkangel and Methuselah like this.
  2. D_acolyte

D_acolyte Well-Known Member

I would by 2 but I would also never run the duo as a duo fire team.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I wouldn't bet the Duo remaining in the profile, since it would be the first linkable biker of the game, over the Aragoto and other regular bikers (like the Ariadnan ones)...

For 8 pts, it's a bargain unless you need those points for a cheapobot or an antenna...

Arkangel likes this.
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Such as the linkable Tartary Dynamo? ;)

Linkable isn't actually a big deal here. Bikes can't claim cover regardless.

Arkangel and xagroth like this.
  5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I swear I checked the dynamo yesterday because they were not impetuous in N3 and it totally went pass me...

6. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Also, you can't spend irregular orders on a fireteam, so unless something changes duo linking them from the start of a turn makes their irregular orders a bit problematic,

7. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

I'll most certainly always play with one, OSS doesn't have cheap units to trudge the midfield and attempt some flanks and the MBH offers exactly that. I can see myself fielding two, but not in a Duo, I think having them flanking different lanes is tougher to deal with. I guess in the reactive turn you can Duo them to lose Impetuous and claim cover (?), although, 2 Irregular orders is quite a tax in OSS order pool.

They're a really breath of fresh air to the sectorial! I'm most excited to get the mini and try them out!

8. Mahtamori

Motorcycles can never claim cover, whether they are Impetuous or not. You can dismount while in a Duo to claim cover.

jherazob and Delta57Dash like this.
  9. RolandTHTG

The strategy I've seen discussed is using the Duo and regular orders to move upfield, then splitting off with their irregular orders to do attack runs. It saves 1-2 orders if you want to get both upfield in the same turn.

jherazob likes this.
  10. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Yeah or you could do the opposite - start unlinked but near each other, spend the impetuous and the irregular, then use a command token to link and move up efficiently.

They seem crazy good fr cost to me.

RolandTHTG and jherazob like this.
  11. Arkangel

Arkangel Bringer of Justice, Avatar of Retribution

Before N4 I had a full set of bikers for Haqq. With the storyline changes and the twins now running the show, it left me in a lurch. I have three bikers for my JSA and have found the mobility and lethality to be a great combination. A single bike can be a draw of fire from other troop movements, but get two (or more) into the game and you’ve got some serious mobility to combine with your TAGs. I’d love to give two motorized bounty hunters a try.

jherazob and RolandTHTG like this.
  12. Pander22

Pander22 Well-Known Member

8 points for a expendable attack piece seems pretty good, i throw in a liberto whenever i play vanilla anyway so this seems like a no brainer, plus i really like penny and now have an excuse to use her model, cant wait for that time where I roll an HMG or something else dumb, all the profiles seem pretty good aswell for the cost,

Probably stick to smg however just because reroll booty has a good chance of picking up a half decent gun or something to compliment its close range bands,

RolandTHTG likes this.
  13. RolandTHTG

I think if the SMG didn't have the +1B chaincolt the boarding shotgun would be nice for templates, but there's no point with the smg still having templates.

Methuselah and kinginyellow like this.
  14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

The Irregular orders are still there but can't be used. You can start with them linked, use an order or two to move them together and then un-link and use their irregular when they already half across the table.

15. cwoac

cwoac New Member

On the one hand, they are now the cheapest 'armed with an actual weapon' in the faction (and not even a bad weapon) model. Which is really not to be sniffed at. Plus a high-mobility unit with both an SMG (hello mid field supression) and a template weapon is actually pretty nifty, even if booty + reroll fails to give you anything.

On the other hand, with a lack of anything for completing objectives, what are they going to do that we can't already with our FD/infiltration options?

... nothing except be a third of the point cost. Which is actually a pretty good justification for taking one, really.

16. Kir

Kir Well-Known Member

They most certainly can in ITS13, where you can remove your impetuous state at the start of the game to be able to claim cover. I look forward to putting Penthesilea in SF in cover to force a -12 reaction.

17. Mahtamori

You're quoting a reply given during ITS12 ;)
    Also, when playing 20x20, a rulebook game, or other format, they still can't claim cover.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation