1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smoke grenade, point or template?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by kinginyellow, Aug 10, 2021.

1. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

So I believe this has been discussed in the past but my google-fu is lacking.

When a trooper is picking a point to throw smoke, do they pick an infitesmially small point or full template down (allowing them to ensure XYZ is in or out of smoke)?

2. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

3. Whyrocknodie

Whyrocknodie Well-Known Member

I've seen people playing in N3 by putting down a marker, like a die or a base or something similar and then measuring to find out if they placed their smoke close enough to a trooper or wall or whatever.

It's kind of weird that this particular interaction would be different and literally less accurate than something like speculative fire. The text in N4 doesn't say there's any reason not to place the template...

When you are picking your 'point', does anyone know what the reason would be for *not* using the circular template to mark it?

4. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Just the rulings in the thread linked above. I agree with you, I don't like the rulings either, but it is what it is.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm kind of of the opinion that the weird one is speculative fire and I'm reasonably sure they'd remove the template waving about if they could find a concise way of writing it.

6. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

That said, cheers for the link. I was certain it was ruled on but someone wanted clarification on why it was like that and couldn't google it well at all.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation