1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female models in Infinity

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by 1337Bolshevik, Jul 25, 2021.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

All European nations and Russia are part of PanO (not sure about whatever remained of the US), the basic legal claim PanO had for Dawn was after all the current Dawn population are descendants from nations that are part of the wider PanOceania.

I think you read way too much on that question mark I placed, I more or less know what nations initially founded PanOceania and how it was later expanded way beyond these nations, though "SEA peoples" is another new reference? the only Sea people I am aware of as reference are the people who are credited to be a contributing factor in the bronze age collapse, and while technically PanO probably includes descendants of these people I am pretty sure it is not a reference to them.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

I believe that's an acronym for "South East Asian".

chromedog and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  3. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Given the populations involved, there's no way we're talking about *that much* of a demographic shift without genocide or mass-scale cosmetic surgery.

5. Hecaton

Are you sure? Because you were acting like you didn't know, and like I was being crazy for saying there should be a *lot* of Asian people in PanO.

6. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

with a recent history of mass killings in Cambodia by the communist Khmer Rouge, is that too beyond believable? Maybe a massive plague? Maybe just general warfare? A lot can happen in 175 years.

7. Hecaton

Yeah, I mean it would make for a darkly dystopian setting element if PanO had genocided the Malaysian and Indonesian populations. But there's no mention of it in the backstory, so the only way it would make sense is if ALEPH was involved in covering it up to preserve PanO's hegemony, while at the same time attacking Yu Jing for their abuses. I don't think that's intended by the author, however.

8. Cthulhu363

or it happened before PanO was formed or before those countries joined.

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Wait wait wait.

Are we at a point where we're seriously discussing how a white supremacist take-over of some Earth's most populous regions of Asian enacted full-scale ethnic cleansing of over 70% of the region's population before those countries joining Pan-O and this is somehow not noteworthy enough to feature prominently in the lore? And this is somehow more preferable than simply asking CB to please be a bit more creative with their female miniatures and ask their painters to paint their miniatures with a better representation of the factions' diversity (or lack thereof)?

10. Cthulhu363

seriously discussing? No. The entire topic is kinda dumb. I'm just proposing ideas that in 175 years anything could happen and we don't have anything near a complete history.
    But seriously, paint your minis how you want.

#110 Cthulhu363, Aug 6, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  11. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Bold of you to assume we paint our minis! Any real gamer buys minis, procrastinates, then buys more to grow their backlog.

12. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

This. They’re yours. Do what you will. Dislike pose X or sculpt Y? Proxy then with something else and if you feel strongly enough, respectfully make the case to your meta and send a price signal to CB.

chromedog and Dragonstriker like this.
  13. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

I feel personally attacked

14. Cthulhu363

Ok...that was funny!

15. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

I am offended! Some of my stuff is painted!

16. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

From the RPG corebook, Russia is not part of PanO, it's an independant country in rebuilding phase after several internal conflicts (and one against Yu Jing). It even have colonies on Callisto.
    Nigeria, Israël, Iceland, USA are named countries not being part of a G5 power.

Mahtamori and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  17. Hecaton

Nah, that wouldn't make much sense.

18. Hecaton

The point is that CB has dropped the ball on artistic representations that portray who PanO is actually supposed to be populated by.

19. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

20. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

This person gets it.

Now, I've been reading this thread and one point I've seen popping up a lot is 'It's your models, paint them as you want' and this is objectively true, but it also misleads the argument completely when it comes to representation.

Yes, I can and I have painted many of my models with darker skin tones because I prefer the darker shades of skin anyways. However, the fact that for me to see mostly white, blonde people represented in the game kinda creates a (false as it may be) illusion that the game has mostly white people and not the vastly multicultural apparances and ethnicities that are supposed to be in the lore.

So it's not about what I can do, but what I see. For example: Aristeia has a better track record of showing characters of different ethnicities than infinity, but that's probably because the game is both newer and is more character based, so having different appearances works in its favor. The same logic could be applied, and seems to be slowly seeping into, Infinity.

Oh, and I'm all for beefcakey male models designed by people actually attracted to men. You'd be surprised of the cool designs that can show up. Just have a look at stuff like Metal Gear: Revengeance for example.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation