1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Official Announcement] Injected Thermoplastic miniatures

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Not looking too hot indeed. That's going to need a lot of cleaning up compared to their current sculpts.

2. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

Here's the video those stills are from:

Mold lines are annoying but are workable. My biggest concern is the holes and flash in crevices.

xagroth and toadchild like this.
  3. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

I just hope, that promises about metal S2 miniatures (that they would stay metal) are true.
    I would take tags and rems from friends for a game If I can’t find them in metal.

And please, NO resin. This material can’t be trusted and during hot summer it is terrible (it was only +30 maximum this year, but it could be worse). I hope you understand, that melted miniature isn’t what we want)

Knauf likes this.
  4. Deus Kalsa

Deus Kalsa Member

Sino Cast Miniatures are not fun,
    they are quite to soft.

Not Sandable, not Knife Friendly.

Not so bad like the crap PVC from PP and there bad resin. Nor the PVC from Mantic.

But the shown models looks like junk.
    I don't pay for this crap and will send back every box in this condition

5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

If you are concerned models from this material will melt in a hot summer, you should not be concerned.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  6. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

So far, nothing I already met with the actual metal (even worse on my Maggie).

chaos11, bladerunner_35, ETEA and 4 others like this.
  7. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Nasty mold lines across detail and geometry, inside detail grooves, holes, mold slips and this weird "melted bubbly stuff" next to the REM's head seems to be a "feature" because it's present also on this guy's piece, third picture.

This has me hugely concerned for the Bearpode, which I will now not preorder and will not buy without seeing reviews or another person's copy first. The fact that Carlos said they tested this on S2 minis and were so happy with quality has me shivering with fear that down the road CB will do away with their metal completely. I will definitely stop collecting Infinity then.

injenegr and Knauf like this.
  8. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I am more interested in knowing how does Vostok reload that MK12 magazine than anything else from that video.
    Judgements of quality I will make once I have the product in hand. Even if it doesn't look perfect in the video, maybe it is an early production model or something, I am sure CB will improve quality once they master this tech.

ETEA likes this.
  9. psychoticstorm

Quality can only improve, it is like comparing current era 3D sculpts to the O Yoroi.

10. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

We already know CB don't know how guns work. So this is pretty much a standard complaint.

But good lord this material looks awful.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  11. Nuada Airgetlam

What are you talking about. This is a literal final example of the technology, this is what we will buy as Vostoks and in upcoming TAG / REM / Beast packs. For it to improve like "O-Yoroi to 3D sculpt" they'd have to go back to metal casting and do something else on top of that.

injenegr and AmPm like this.
  12. psychoticstorm

The final example of the first model released for commercial release, you sound like the digital sculpts have not improved at all from the first digital sculpt that pioneered the technology, that was the O-Yoroi, or that the models casting has not improved at all, all these years.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  13. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

I think his point is that this is a release of a sub-par product that is worse than the previous metal models.

So while yes there are growing pains, right now, this model quality is bad. It could be good in the future but I doubt they are going to send out replacements when this shit gets fixed.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  14. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

See the hatch in the back? Tiny human comes out and changes mag. Too bad they didn't think of some kind of ammo belt to feed the gun.
    [​IMG]

zapp, xagroth, Alphz and 3 others like this.
  15. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Seems like for better or worse CB wants to make it blindingly clear what weapon each REM is using. Hence the shift from the small Combi or HMG barrels on the OG Dronbots to the side mounted weapons on the new ones.

16. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Well, in order to bring it's gun to bear it has to move it's entire body out of cover depending on side, and swivel it's entire body...

At least it's soft plastic so easy to cut up so the model makes some sense?

17. Nuada Airgetlam

AmPm is right, this is not a new technology that was immediately better than the previous (manual to 3D sculpted) and only got better with time.

This is a huge step backwards.If I received a metal model from CB with faults like those I would fully expect it to be replaced.

And now this is apparently going to be the new norm and the default level of quality for TAGs, REMs and Beasts? Utterly disappointing.

18. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Sure. But would it be too hard to model the gun mount (could be even a standard issue mount, similar on every rem) in a way that gun just 'docks' in it, replacing mag with a clamp that supposedly feeds ammo as well? The rest of the gun model would be similar.
    And I agree with @AmPm that side mounted gun complicates a lot of things - targeting, recoil management, cover. In ideal situation you'd want to hide rem's body completely in cover and just peek out a bit with a top mounted gun. Or even mount it on something like a camera arm.

ETEA likes this.
  19. psychoticstorm

They tried that in previous editions of remotes, I think this is a design direction for visual key elements and silhouette, not "realistic" but gameplay "UI" based.

20. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

We will be talking about the new Vostok tonight on stream. The summary of my experience with it is that it's fine. It's not better than pewter, but it's not worse. None of the mold lines on it, or other pictures iI've seen from other reviewers are any worse than what you expect to find on pewter miniatures.

I think people were expecting the plastic to be better than pewter, while being cheaper, easier to produce, and will wash their laundry. I don't think CB ever said it would be better, they've sold it as a reasonable replacement for pewter, which it definitely is. I've attached my untouched photos to show it off, I tried to be sure to capture edge and flash which you can see in the picture. If this is the quality of their minis going forward, I'll be just as content as I am with pewters.

vostok.jpeg

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation