1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Jujaks and Korean character

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Uh, that's a 39% chance for a Jujak Haris to wound the TAG when firing in the +3 band. I don't agree with that.

#41 Triumph, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  2. SpectralOwl

I want so badly to like this, but the only mini in that box I'd use would be the Spitfire. MLs are a joke without a Fireteam or some serious tricks behind them and half the box is wasted on a Character that's useless to White Co players and probably wasted for WB, too, thanks to the omnipresent Shang Ji providing a Tinbot and even Jing Qo probably being better for solo play thanks to the grand benefit of not being Hackable.

I still do quite like the Jujak's look though. Wish I could put together a Haris of just them, they'd stand out well.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Jing Qo isn't bad, she's essentially a heavy infantry that gets both a discount and gets to dodge being hackable by being medium infantry. Just suffers the same old problems as most expensive troops without SWC guns - starts in the DZ and little in the way of getting out of there.

Flipping Jujaks to be the Core and Haris providers instead of Shang-Ji and making Jing Qo a regular old Wildcard will go a long way for both of them.

Sedral and Fed4ykin like this.
  4. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

And let's be honest. These changes will not arrive within next few years...
    Just a sliver of hope, maybe with releasing new character for Jujaks they will change their fireteam composition but chances are as slim as it gets.
    There was some talk about possible Fireteam rules change this week but I guess we didnt get that yesterday.
    Edit: I would love to run Haris like this.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]3
    JUJAK Spitfire, Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    JUJAK (Engineer, Deactivator) Boarding Shotgun, Panzerfaust, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 30)
    JUJAK Breaker Combi Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower ( | TinBot: Firewall [-6]) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 30)

1.5 SWC | 92 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Fed4ykin likes this.
  5. Triumph

She's not pseudo HI she's shock vulnerable. That's my main complaint she's too expensive to be vulnerable to that. Same complaints as the Zencha last edition except she doesn't have a camo state to help make her safer and obscure her location.

6. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure shock vulnerability is the exception on NWI troopers at this point, so the mistake is a forgivable one.

7. Surmelk

Surmelk Well-Known Member

My Jing Qo has sadly stayed on the shelf. To expensive and not able to get into a harris. Im getting a lot of work out of kind of similar profiles like Shona Corana and Liang Kai in WC. Dragging them to midfield in a harris, and then they are a pain to dig out. Wish Jing Qo was a wildcard in WB at least.

Dont know why a lot of people seemed to expect a fireteam fix yesterday. Iirc Bostria has voiced that fireteam rules are being looked at and that changes is not to be expected before 2022.

Mahtamori likes this.
  8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

@Triumph the problem with Zhencha was manifold different. Zhencha operated a role in IA that was critical to get the army rolling in that it's one of few units capable of clearing difficult threats. Having stacking vulnerabilities like hackable, highly susceptible to mines, specifically used to clear marker state units, being in a very high-cost army, etc etc, meant that not being immune to shock was a fairly critical error. And all that is ignoring the HI thing.
    While Jing Qo is used in some of those roles, she's not a critical unit for White Banner and she's got a bunch of abilities that Zhencha doesn't, including a quite powerful weapon that can be used effectively outside of template range.

Demanding that everything is optimised to perfection is unreasonable and bad for the game, there also needs to be vulnerabilities for your opponent to exploit and for you to play around. This isn't Nomads you're playing here.
    I dunno. Adding shock immunities everywhere sure is a mistake, but it seems pre-meditated at this point...

9. Weathercock

The mistake I was referencing was that of assuming an NWI trooper like Jing Qo would have shock immunity built in. It's so common that the assumption at this point should be the default, not the exception.

I do think that putting shock immunity on to every NWI profile is an enormous mistake from a design standpoint.

Ecthelion and Mahtamori like this.
  10. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

lol sometimes a bit jealous. Only because I've gotten my own HI seriously whipped by those units.

I think they should have also gone with AP Combi and well as Breaker combi.

11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

only new profiles have it on nearly all instances, though. Greek heroes used to be NWI and that's it, and the Devas never got the Sock Inmunity memo, sadly XD

12. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

I mean personally I wish both Shock ammunition and Shock Immunity were much rarer. Make the skill/ammo type actually mean something.

... that said, I'm not sure BS Attack (Continuous) would actually solve the Jujaks' woes (though it would be thematic and HELLA cool). BS 13, no visual mods, and only having a Spitfire means that they can struggle mightily to get out of the DZ unless they add something with more punch like Shang Jesus to their link.

But that might actually be fine. Not every heavy infantry needs to be a top-tier long range gunfighter. And White Banner specifically has enough midfield presence/pressure with things like Gui Lang and Tiger Soldiers to (usually) give them an opening anyways.

Also those Boarding Shotguns should 100% be Vulkans. Every other Jujak can light things on fire, but the guys who actually kit themselves out for close-range can't? Booooooo.

EDIT: Also can we give the Jujaks proper Fireteams in White Banner please? I always forget that they can't actually link by themselves and HAVE to include a Shang Ji.

Ecthelion and Mahtamori like this.
  13. Weathercock

Well, I want the continuous damage for flavour. I want Albedo for function.

14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Well I foresee no changes happening to Jujak themselves. We've got several years of what they have. Maybe they will change them if they don't sell. You can only go so far on looks alone. The character may add something. I know it sounds negative but is it if it's real?

15. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

Shock does mean something. Paramedics are top tier link support and ensuring an ARO troop can't get back up is important; how many games have you played where an engineer keeps reviving a TR bot, for example?

In any case, the HFTs on the 'jaks are fantastic. Intuitive attacks are pretty good. Intuitive attacks done outside of shotgun range are even better. There are times when you round a corner on a Mim-6 trooper and decide you don't wanna deal with vis mod bullshit and soak their ARO.

Shit I'm hyping myself up, I might just take the one-off Spitfire or Breaker so I can roam the midfield and set things on fire.

16. Delta57Dash

I mean I play Tohaa/Spiral so... not many on my side anyways.

But yes, I do really like Jujaks. The Breaker Rifle/HFT profile is a workhorse. You just run into problems trying to deliver him into the mid-field.

Unless you play White Company. Then you get to run Orcs, Jujaks, and Hai Dao all in the same link and have a grand old time. Or swap the Orcs for Kaplans. Maybe even throw a CSU in while you're at it.

Bah.

17. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

These look outstanding!

18. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Jujaks already have a unit that helps them get to the midfield though. The Shang Ji AP HMG/HRL feels like it exists to be the pointman of Jujaks.

19. Triumph

I'm not saying she needs to be optimised for perfection (she's a unit with considerable CC bloat she's never going to be fully optimised), but I find her too expensive for her fragility and not strong enough to overcome it. Things that push into the higher 30s either need to be explosively destructive so they can quickly get value out of them and then die (which she is not) or they need to be a bit tougher. She doesn't link, she's kinda easy to pick off. If she costed more like Shona or Liang Kai I'd be ok with it.

Alternatively if she cost a little bit more and had camo or hidden deployment (or both!), again, she'd be fine.

She's unfortunately in this ugly middle ground where she costs too much to justify how easy she is to pick off or roadblock from doing anything useful given she's an obvious threat, and isn't elite enough to be able to force her way through a situation. She's expensive, simple to counter, and doesn't have a particularly fantastic potential return rate and to cap it all off she doesn't play ball or synergise with the rest of the sectorial so she's not even particularly easy to work into lists.

#59 Triumph, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  20. Delta57Dash

Right, but you can see complaints about being "forced" to run Shang Jesus in previous posts in this thread.

Personally, I don't play Yu Jing or White Company. But Yu Jing was the faction I picked when my playgroup was trying out Code One games, and Jujaks were great for me there, so I'm all for giving them a bit of a bump so they can show up in Infinity more.

Also Shang Jesus is absolutely everywhere in IA and WB so anything that gives players more options to NOT run him would be much appreciated.

wes-o-matic likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation