1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pitcher/drop bears in Fireteam haris or core?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Terrenor, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Terrenor

Terrenor Active Member

Hello,

after reading the rules, annex and faq one question about pitchers are not solved for me. The same could be applied for drop bears I think.

Troops with pitcher get the +1 B bonus while he is part of a fireteam haris or core because the pitcher is not a technical weapon, right?

If I use the pitcher I have to use the full burst,regarding to the actual faq.

The pitcher will deploy a repeater.
    1. Do I have to deploy two repeaters on the same spot?
    2. Can I split my burst and declare two spots on the table as my target?

While I'm writing this the second segment would make sense to me.
    Our do I miss something important?

2. In this case I see a serious discrepancy between the FAQs in English and in Spanish. In English it is indicated that you «must» use the extended burst, while in Spanish it is optional «puedes (can)».

Like any other burst it can be divided, as long as each one of them complies with the specific rules to put the repeater.

3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Only in the Active turn you can split the Burst, in ARO all targets need to be the same target (or spot). So you would roll 2 dice... and place a single deployable (despite expending both) with one or two succesful rolls.

Now entering on the specifics: tomorrow friday it's possible a change to Fireteam rules will show up, so this may change.

The annex gives the opportunity, in the "Burst Support Bonus", bot in Spanish and English, to use or not the +1B from Fireteam (Can/Puede).
    The FAQ is trying to clarify (unsuccesfully in english, unneeded in Spanish) that the Burst bonus to Disposable weapons does not mean "free extra dice", and as Erland points out, redaction differs in English and Spanish. However, I think the writer was thinking on the "must place the unloaded token" if the player expends both projectiles.

So I think you should choose if you want to use a B2 or B1 until the new Fireteam Rules get released.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation