1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rekky's Hobby Log

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Rekky, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Rekky

Rekky Active Member

Hi All,

Long time lurker here. I have played Infinity since just after the release of 2nd ed, but due to life and work, it took a back seat for a long time (since 2018). I have recently got back into it with the release of 4th ed and the easing of Lockdown in the UK. With that to give me some motivation I have decided to start tracking my painting. So I want to get my first love, Ariadna finished. Before there was TAK I primarily played the Russian faction of Ariadna with a sprinkling of other nations. I can't remember where I robbed this paint scheme from, for that I apologise, especially if its yours! Anyway these were the last models I painted in August 2018. Fingers crossed this works as I haven't uploaded images in a long time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While I might have stopped playing and painting, I haven't stopped collecting. :sweat_smile:

I have tried to copy the same colour scheme and style of painting. These are my latest paint jobs to be completed in the last month. The Kazaks were the first to be done, the streloks were completed last week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am going to start posting some WIP as well moving forward as and when I complete some work. Comments, critiques and what have you welcome.

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Wow...fantastic painting!

Rekky likes this.
  3. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Can only agree. A shame you dind't get to paint more in the last years, I'm very much looking forward to more of your stuff!

Cadwallon and Rekky like this.
  4. Uthoroc

Uthoroc Well-Known Member

Excellent stuff, that's indeed some awesome painting. Would love to see more! :heart:

Rekky likes this.
  5. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Great job there! ^^

Rekky likes this.
  6. Rekky

Rekky Active Member

Thank you all for the kind words. I will start sharing more often. Next up, just finished sub assembly is the new tank Hunter Autocannon and new Vet Kazak HMG and new Vet Kazak Rifle version. They are going in for priming tonight.

7. Rekky

Rekky Active Member

Hi All,

Nothing too exciting today, just a WIP picture after some basic work.
    [​IMG]
    Primed with Tamiya Surface Primer light grey, then airbrushed black. Coat of matt vanish, then another coat of black. Airbrushed VMC Black Grey at 45° from Horizontal, then VMC Dark Grey at 70-75° from horizontal.

I prefer to paint in subsections so where an arm would block access to detail I paint it separately. This does slow me down but I think it allows for better detail. I'm pretty slow at painting as it is so be warned.

Bases are from micro arts studio done, primed light grey as well, then a quick coat of black, then VMA Concrete, with the edges picked out in VMA Light Brown.

I'll give this stuff at least 24 hours to dry fully before carrying on with the next stages.

Abydog, Uthoroc and ETEA like this.
  8. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Very classy painting. Keep em coming :-)

Rekky likes this.
  9. Rekky

Rekky Active Member

Unfortunately its been a slow process getting these 3 done, as real life has gotten in the way. Anyway I have finally finished them!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up is some a wardriver and a irmandinho. Hopefully these wont take me so long! :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Engorn, Oni, Gurutz29 and 3 others like this.
  10. Uthoroc

Uthoroc Well-Known Member

Amazing work!

Rekky likes this.
  11. deathklockk

deathklockk Strange, but not a stranger.

Very nice, I like your style.

Rekky likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation