1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

By the way, after running the campain only 3 tokens per symbol (:2:/:2::2:,:1:/:1::1:,:3:/:3::3:) seem like a joke considering amount of skills that give you or enemy free symbols or let you store symbols. Even with extra dice set it's hardly enough, besides the fact that shufflind dices here and there is a pain.
    Is there some 'official' Aristeia token sheet pdfs somewhere to print them myself? I'd use my other aristeia tokens, but for a 250+eur game It feels like I put too much effort to make the game work.

#2281 Lucian, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  2. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

First of I will be happy when Defiance finally arrives.
    Since I didn't want to pay shipment twice (as it is it's already ridiculously expensive) all my stuff comes with wave 2. So I am now waiting for over a year for my stuff to arrive. The campaign was in 2019 and is almost two year ago...
    For me this is a reason to be cautious of future KS campaigns...TAG raid doesn't seem to be down my alley anyway.
    But I will take a look at it when it launches.
    All the things that happened due to the pandemic aren't to blame on CB, but I think they can get a lot better with KSs in the future. I think the whole two waves solution wasn't good at all.
    Since wave one was delivered (with missing pages and errors) we barely got updates that had some information despite: sorry we are delayed...
    What I want to say is: I am disappointed.

LaughinGod and Mogra like this.
  3. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

woo aus is getting it first again!
    lets see how many peaces dont fit well this time XD

it might be only my country but cant you for a fee, redirect your mail to you new home for the first 6 months?

4. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

I'm not sure if people were aware there was some kind of little pandemic that MIGHT have delayed things?
    Also, for a kickstarter, this is still pretty on time.

5. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Ah, the keyboard devouring, kickstarter post disabling, post censoring pandemic that precluded poor CB from communicating about the most pressing issue until the message was literally "ups, it's too late now, tough luck".

6. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

That was mostly in regards to the bitching about the delays and how it reflects on future Kickstarters.
    As for the not knowing where you live thing, in the US you can contact the Post Office and have your mail from previous addresses forwarded to a current address. Do they not have that wherever you live? (Honest question)
    I got mine through my FLGS. Did they not do that wherever you live? Seems like that would be a more secure way if your housing situation wasn't stable.
    Don't wait till the last minute to tell them.

7. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Yes, you can do that with the USPS. However, the packages are not shipping with the USPS. FedEx or UPS, cannot recall which. Both will allow you to redirect your package, although I think you need an account —it’s free. However, Quartermaster contacted people before shipping to verify the shipping address. So, in the US, people are not SOL. There will be opportunity to redirect the package.

I have no idea about the EU, or elsewhere. I would hope the sender would seek address verification. And, realistically, given the delay — yes, understandable delay but delay nonetheless— verifying the address before shipping for what, less than 5,000 backers*, is not an unreasonable thing to want. At the very least use a delivery service that allows package redirects.

How CB handles this will most certainly factor into a person’s decision to back the next Kickstarter. I know I’d be pissed off if my package was sent to my old address because of an arbitrary deadline.

*5303 total backers, but the core and collector level backers have already received everything they’re due.

LaughinGod likes this.
  8. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

To cope with some of the delays keeping production in Europe would have helped a lot. There are plenty of companies able to build gaming accessories. For example ludofact in Germany. Just one of the biggest producer of jigsaw puzzles and card games in the world... and all the cardboard accessories would've been certified climaneutral.
    And you don't support the Chinese Moloch which is a big plus.
    Just to give an example for an alternative. We might have some delays anyway with the woodprices and all. But not as bad as the delays are now. I mean the minis are producedin Spain anyway. So keep the supplychains short.
    That's nothing of worth for now, but maybe for the future?

LaughinGod likes this.
  9. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

They already partnered with EU based Holy Grail Games for TAGRaid.

Fed4ykin likes this.
  10. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

11. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Wha? Is that Stalker? Can't see any use for it in Defiance unless it has similar to A05 layout. But still...
    [​IMG]

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

That is an intriguing silhouette indeed.

13. Nuada Airgetlam

Not sure if Luxumbra just painted it and it's MDF or it's a huge resin brick and the laser cut guys just made the base.

14. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Well, that's a bummer then. A fully 3d Stalker tile with interior would be neat.

Just gotta wait till 22

#2294 Lucian, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  15. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Thread has been cleaned up, as per the discussion removed it has been noted there are some people who contacted Corvus Belli for address change and have not received a reply.

As an issue it is looked up, no further update at this moment.

If you need to change your address please contact Corvus Belli at contact@corvusbelli.com

Thanks.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  16. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry for being late here, but let me tell you that you don't have to worry.

Everyone who paid for his Defiance copy, will receive the game. If you will change your delivery address in the coming weeks, you can email us directly to contact@corvusbelli.com and we'll find a solution for your problem. No one will miss the game. You paid for the game, you'll receive the game.

I agree that we could have communicated it better the deadline to make the changes, but this serves us to do it better for the future. In the end, all this campaign (our first campaign) is teaching us what we are doing great and what we need to improve.

So we apologize for our mistakes, and believe us we're working against a lot of problems but in the end, to reach the goal to deliver the game perfectly to you.

And I'll ask, please, to avoid creating dramas in the threads like the one what happened here before. It doesn't help you and doesn't help us.

So, again, if anyone will have problems with the delivery address, please email us to contact@corvusbelli.com and we'll work for a solution to the problem.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Triumph, Hecaton, Croepoek and 9 others like this.
  17. Nuada Airgetlam

Thank you for the above, this is how you guys should've communicated from the start and this is good stuff. Owning up to the mistake is great as well, hope you guys really learn and with next Kickstarters create procedures to avoid those same mistakes. Good luck!

Right now it feels to many of us that without this "drama" (I would prefer say "consumer negative feedback" and I appreciate you guys seem to have taken it on board) we wouldn't finally get the above reply at all. So, please expect more feedback if other issues occur, that's our prerogative to expect reaction from you guys.

While we're at it, is Belen Moreno still with the company? Her handling of the "removed factions in N4" messaging was excellent, I'd say she'd be a great pick to handle more communication from CB to customers.

Croepoek and Mogra like this.
  18. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

I understand your "consumer negative feedback" instead of "drama" but there are ways to communicate that feedback. And please don't assume that we will keep your money and don't deliver anything (as I think I read before, or something similar). That will not happen, and even if we, the company, and you, the customers, have trouble trying to find a solution for a crucial thing that is a delivery (because believe me, is not easy, because there are so many actors in this show, called freights, companies, couriers, fullfilment centers...), you can be sure that we'll find a solution for the problem.

So, in the end, I'll ask you for a little bit of understanding and trust :)

Also, we're close to see the end of this adventure and pretty soon you'll receive the complete Defiance experience in your hands. Thank you for your patience!

19. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

20. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation