1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is trench-hammer disposable in CC mode?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by QueensGambit, Jul 18, 2021.

1. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

It looks to me like it is - I can't find a rule that says that using the trench-hammer in CC mode doesn't use up one of its uses.

Just wondering if I'm missing something since conceptually, I thought it was disposable because you throw it at someone and then it's gone.

2. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I would assume that it keeps the disposable trait. The way it is written in the fluff is that is a low-tech explosive weapon, so it makes sense that it only has a few charges of use.

3. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

The trench hammer isn't disposable because you lose it, it's disposable because it only has so many rocket charges.

It's like the old Votoms mecha punches where you see a shell pop out after the punch--the reason it's DA ammo and Anti-materiel is that it's rocket assisted even when you're swinging it in melee. :)

Note that whoever formatted the page for the Trench-hammer went to the trouble of listing Disposable(3) in both of the modes.

wuji likes this.
  4. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Works for me! I had wondered if the CC mode was only Disposable in the sense that once you use all three charges in BS mode, you then can't use it in CC anymore either. But I must have just been reading my headcannon into the rules.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation