1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inconsistent AVA allotment among peripherals

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Ugin, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

In the rule Peripherals, there's an IMPORTANT box saying...
    [​IMG]
    So a question float up in my mind, "Should Peripherals respect the AVA in their own profiles, or the Controllers'?"

Because, if you see these...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Auxbots from Auxilia(also Devabots from Raptor Boarding Squad, Kiranbots from Arjuna troops) have AVA 0, while K-9 Antipodes from Devil Dogs have AVA 1, in their profile.

I believe the intention of setting AVA to 0, never was to prohibit the usage of Peripherals, but it's confusing. What would be the right way of fielding Perepherals?

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Uberfalls are interesting.

In Bakunin:

[​IMG]

In Vanilla:

[​IMG]

You get a green tick for 9 Pupniks (3 per Uberfalls) in Bakunin.

[​IMG]

Ugin likes this.
  3. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yep, this was the problem which made me search for the rules. You can put 3 Überfalls in Bakunin, but the AVA of Pupnik is set to 3, while the Army builder says "You're good, go for it" with 3 full units of Überfalls.
    I noticed this after I've ordered 3 boxes of them, assembled them, and had a fun game with them.

Mahtamori, Daniel Darko and inane.imp like this.
  4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Bug report the AVA of Pups in Bakunin, it should be 9 - it has always been 9.

The other place this is an issue if we're reading it like that though is on Auxbots and similar where they're across multiple troop types.

It'd probably be easier to just make them AVA Total and manage them by their controller's AVA.

5. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

For Auxbots that AVA should probably be '-' instead of 0. You're only getting them when they're listed as part of another trooper's profile, so the AV mechanic doesn't apply.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation