1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The little engine that could (a Rafiq thread)

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Lareon, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Lareon

Lareon Well-Known well-knower

Sooo... I started using the Rafiq in my matches, following the discussion sparked from this thread. I must admit the unit by itself is pretty awesome, even only for abusing sensor and repeater behind the walls, from a safespot. The ability to form Duo with wildcards is incredible, and I was able to bring around Yara as personal bodyguard for the little robot. The FTO version gave me some satisfation in the last match, but I'm not yet convinced about this option. The Red Fury seems to me a somewhat weird choice for a BS 11 platform without many ways to deliver the hit, and even if it can have its usefulness with wildcards (as it usually the Red Fury complements well with weaker loadouts), I still not able to figure it together with the special fireteam he should be associated to.

Maybe only for order economy, activating the long-rage unit he's linked to (either maghariba, azra'il or al fasid) and moving it while the bigger brother wreak havoc on enemy defences. But even there, it's a very niche usage, as I want the Rafiq to reach the midfield in order to hamper enemy units or pressing buttons, a place in which I surely don't want to reach with an hmg-equipped behemoth.

Robock and QueensGambit like this.
  2. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

About last month I finished my flirtation with Shasvastii and used the Gwailo/whatever-remote Duo with a heavy machinegun. :D It can't say it knocked my socks off, but very frequently I towed the remote up a couple orders for free and cut it loose/died and it went about it's business.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation