1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changes...

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Blakhart, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Blakhart

Blakhart Well-Known Member

Two questions...

Do/Will changes in the N4 rules make it to C1?

If not... Why?

Asking out of curiosity.

Diphoration and Teslarod like this.
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Incoming half joking explanation:

In theory, N4 is competitive, while C1 is introductory and casual (kinda like a demo). C1 has no FAQs, no ITS, etc..., and the overall strategy for C1, in "product target", is to be a lure. The idea is for you to buy a C1 box, the C1 rulebook, learn to play, play a little more, get bored, evolve to N4, where the gloves come off and the rules get lawyered hard.
    In terms of sales, this allows CB to reach a wider public with certain, clearly marked products, and hope they will expand their collection, while at the same time said products are available to N4 players. This means the extra effort for Code1 can be reduced to Army, and rules; and the Army is merely a pruned version of the N4 database, so the effort is minimal there, and the rules, as they are, suffice for an introductory system.

Bottom line, now serious (and not intended as a criticism against C1, but as a description): Code1 is a "minimal effort / potential mid-to-high return" kind of product (both for CB and for prospective players), and part of its defining characteristics is simplicity... which kinda improves with "no extras: just the book & Army", and degrades if FAQs, Erratas and Forum legalese gets into it.

3. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Because Code One is really, honestly, a retail solution.

chromedog and McKaptain like this.
  4. McKaptain

McKaptain Well-Known Member

THIS^^ And that’s not criticism. I think it’s a really smart way to manage and distribute a game with a complex and difficult supply chain.

CB just had the foresight to package a distribution solution in a way that doubles as an easy introduction to their game.

When I started, if Ariadna didn’t exist, I probably would have passed because I didn’t have the time to learn all the complex rules. I was like, “I can skip this whole chapter on hacking? Ok. I guess I’ll try it.”

C1 is a very easy way to pitch the game to someone new without causing info overload.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation