1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Vanilla List Ideas for BTV

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Rezin8r, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Rezin8r

Rezin8r New Member

Hi, I'm still relatively new to Infinity.

Never played Biotechvore mission. We have an event tomorrow. Looking to see what kind of lists people would use for it.

2. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Heavily depends on what models are you planning to use. Steel Phalanx, OSS, and vanilla Aleph lists will be massively different. Even vanilla Aleph lists will vary hugely between themselves depending on which models you want to use.

3. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

High MOV values to get out quicker. Infiltrating/FD unit are worth the points. Yeah you have to roll, but if you fail they aren't any different than a normal trooper would have been anyways, and if you succeed you get a free order to move other units with essentially. High BTS or Multiple wounds to tank a hit if you have to. In vanilla smoke, eclipse or white noise can help cover you as you move units out. Strategos and impetuous for extra orders help too.

4. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

I've never played Biotechvore with Aleph, as I despise this mission to the point that I may not participate in an event if that's one of the missions played, however, this is where I'd start (still haven't figured out how to upload a list on mobile, sorry):

gr0FYWxlcGgAgSwCAQwBgu0BBAACglMBAQADglMBAQAEglMBAQAFglUBAwAGglUCAQAHglUFAgAIhGoBAgAJglEBAQAKglEBAQALgkwBBAAMgmMBiGEAAgUBgvQBAQACglQBAQADglkBAQAEhPsBBAAFMgEBAA==

Note that the Biker is just my personal touch an a unit that I haven't tested yet, as I am relatively new to Aleph. She could be easily exchanged.

Myrmidon Officer mainly offers a save path out if the zone for everyone due to eclipse smoke.

As far as Strategos goes, there's really only the Marut (don't play Hector in Vanilla) and I wouldn't be comfortable forcing my HMG TAG into the midfield, though there is an argument for taking it.

5. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

Vanilla is a little less effective than a sectorial at biotechvore because of the order efficiency you get in Fireteams. So fast and forward deploying units will be good. Impetuous troopers are nice here as well. Ajax is great because he can be forward deployed, with a high physique, an impetuous order, and is really good at mucking up the midfield to slow your opponent’s advance down.

With the small deployment zones, you’ll need a strong long ranged striker to put down anything your opponent might choose to leave to slow you down (likely a linked or hidden missile launcher). Atalanta is an excellent option, but her having only two dice means you’ll need to be very conscious of range bands to try to eek out an advantage. Having a few long ranged pieces means that you can use coordinated orders to know aros down, which can be a good option. A buffed dakini or TR bot are both good options as well.

A Marut is a good choice for biotechvore because it’s fast, long ranged, and hits hard. Not to mention it brings the extra order.

It’s also important to recognize that the biotechvore zone is more damaging to structure and that vanilla aleph can lean very heavily into structure.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation