1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isolated Peripheral

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Amusedbymuse, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

So the last time I played White Company my opponent Isolated Auxbot (peripheral synchrnonized). After that we couldn't find out what it actually does. Peripheral (synchroniozed) rules dont mention Isolated state. Disconnected rules dont mention Isolated State.
    The closest thing we found was this:
    From Isolated
    And from Peripheral
    As both me and my opponent are Magic players we are used to very strict wording in the rules, and in this case
    and
    suggest that isolating Auxbot does nothing. In case of other peripherals this could turn off repeater or other comms equipment, but here we played it like nothing happened.

Am I missing something? Considering how scattered some rules can be it is very likely, but I dont even know where to look.

2. SpectralOwl

Auxbots don't produce or spend Orders, but the -9 to Reset still applies. If they slapped a Carbonite or Spotlight on it too (or took an E/M hit), you'd need an Engineer to get the bot moving again. Otherwise, Peripherals do ignore most of the negative aspects of the Isolated state, which makes them pretty handy for rushing Jammers.

chromedog and Urobros like this.
  3. Mogra

Mogra Well-Known Member

I use Carbonite on peripheral.

4. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

It was Bit who Isolated the bot, only Oblivion on her :)
    Edit: I'm an uncultured pig. Thank You guys for fast responses :)

#4 Amusedbymuse, Jun 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  5. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Hello,

"peripherals" can`t be isolate, it will have no effect over them, because none of then receive the orders, the controller does, so, if you want of truly "isolate" a peripheral" you should go for the "controller".

What I haven't thinking before was about the -9 to reset, good one, @SpectralOwl :)

6. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

This seems to make Puppetactica even better than they were before.

Urobros likes this.
  7. Rot_Sechs

Rot_Sechs Well-Known Member

But nobody ever "recieves" an order. As per order expanditure sequence we always activate troopers:
    Isnt the peripheral as a part of the trooper and getting activated on the same order therefor unable to activate in isolated?

8. Rot_Sechs

Rot_Sechs Well-Known Member

Sodenote, didnt isolate also disconnect in n3? Really not sure and cant search my hardcopy atm

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Indirectly. If the controller was Isolated, the Ghosts they controlled got Disconnected.

10. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

No, Isolated only disconnected if the CONTROLLER was isolated. NOT the sync or servant bot. The same clause is used for both the sync and servant bots.
    "If the CONTROLLER enters the Isolated, or any Null state,
    then the G: Synchronized trooper will enter the Disconnected
    state at the end of the Order that happened."
    P31, HSN3 rules.​

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation