1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defending against a bullrush as DBS

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by clever handle, Jun 15, 2021.

1. clever handle

clever handle Well-Known Member

Druze isn't my first infinity faction, I regularly and reasonably successfully play as JSA, MAF, Shas, Spiral, and all sorts of Haqq. While most of these factions are kind of sneaky sneaky factions Morats are included in that list and they've traditionally been considered as overcosted and undergunned (and in my opinion that's only got worse in N4 but I digress)

I have reasonable success with DBS playing for the mission if I'm able to go first and establish dominance through good repeater positioning and overlapping lines of fire. If however I'm going second and up against a reasonably strong push, I find DBS just crumbles. Other factions have layers of camo, minelayers, and designated ARO pieces to slow the opponent down, I just don't seem to see that in DBS.

How do you plan to take that first hit to the chin in really any type of mission (lets say supplies for argument's sake), where an opponent's strategy is just to aggressively box you in turn one?

2. theresponsibleone

theresponsibleone Active Member

My local meta is a very aggressive one. You need to have a plan for going second, and accept some models are dying.

ARO pieces in Druze:

- Fugazi: They won't kill anything but a lucky flash pulse can put paid to a Rambo unit, so can't be ignored
    - Sierra: The standard "ARO check" piece - it's job isn't to kill the opponent but to waste a couple of orders as they set up to kill it
    - Linked Bounty Hunter Snipers - relatively cheap, will die - have a spare unit to reform the link with
    - Linked SMG Bounty Hunters - for shorter ranges, the Akrylat-Kanon will ruin someone's day, especially if they didn't bring an Engineer
    - Peacemakers - leave the main remote further back and have the Auxbot nestling in a corner where it's order intensive to get out
    - Le Muet - a little pricey, but the moment he loses his first wound, choose to fail guts and lie down and you've not lost your points
    - Lying Bashi Bazouks - Holoprojector as solo Bounty Hunter Sniper (s) - they'll work it out but will spend orders doing so
    - Four Le Muets - They'll know three are Bashi, but not which one is the real one and that can be time consuming to clear up
    - "You only over extend once" - if there's an obvious route they're going to come up, set up Saito in it and don't come out until your turn. Sure, your troops are quite dead but now their main attack piece is too
    - "I mis deployed my Lieutenant, honest" - A Bashi or Tao Wu disguised as a viable Lieutenant model, with just a small "misdeployment" that will let them kill the target after four or five orders of getting into position

ThananRollice likes this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

There's also very general advice:

* Don't let them shoot anything from their own deployment zone
    * Put your camo so they cover specific corners and try to let the enemy waste orders on Discover
    * Put Kunai so it can pick off stragglers in Fireteams, avoid taking on the main SWC weapon
    * Use close range cross fire. A sniper on your left flank is powerful against enemies on your right flank.
    * If possible, and let's be real the terrain probably won't allow it, try to have hacking overlap where your opponent need to take cross fire.
    * If your opponent doesn't have MSV and/or Albedo on heavy SWC guns or White Noise, snipers like Le Muet can break against the first bullet point

ThananRollice likes this.
  4. clever handle

So the following is what I have saved as "basic druze" and would be my go to for most missions on your regular game night. I'm generally a fan of making my opponents' work for their ARO's, spending a couple of orders on the first turn before they can draw LOF to my troops (why make it easier than it already is?)

- the Druze HMG doesn't ARO first turn, she's too important to get that link moving up the field
    - the Druze SMMR may ARO out to look at the centerline if I'm not up against heavy mimetism mods or heavy infantry
    - the Clipper only ARO's first turn if I can lock something important down by outranging it. It is always a toss up between linking it up for ARO's right away or saving it to drop guided shots in the active turn.
    - aside from the obvious LT, group 2 is basically all ARO's and attempts to setup in a way to protect objectives and/or the link team.
    - MSV2/MSR brawler forms a Haris with the two bounty hunters
    - goal with the peacemaker is that the opponent has to stumble into my ZOC to engage and bypass the aux bot thus risking a flame template and a hack and (usually due to terrain) a heavy shotgun blast.

I'm not sure if I'm stuck in an N3 mindset, but I find that after my opponent spends a dozen orders moving his linked heavy infantry into my face I'm generally down 3-4 models, and of course they're equipped with tinbot deflectors and occasionally their own killer hacker (and lets face it, in N4 hacking is pretty much he who goes first wins, unless you really skew hard or come with BTS9...) so the one or two chances I get to hit them with any hacking are pretty much in vain.

- in my opinion Druze has one of the best early game repeater nets available, with the most mediocre to poor hackers.... am I correct in thinking that hacking in Druze is a trap?
    - as armor piercing is significantly more important in N4 have the multi rifle profiles actually come to a point where they're worth their cost?

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]1
    DRUZE Heavy Machine Gun, Chain-colt / Viral Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 31)
    DRUZE (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Pitcher, D-Charges ( ) / Viral Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    DRUZE Shock Marksman Rifle, Chain-colt / Viral Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 27)
    VALERYA GROMOZ (Hacker) Combi Rifle, Zapper, Pitcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 21)
    BRAWLER (Doctor) Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 19)
    CLIPPER DRONBOT Missile Launcher / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 16)
    HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Shotgun, Shock Mines ( | Deployable Repeater) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 18)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]1
    BULLETEER Heavy Shotgun / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 17)
    PEACEMAKER Heavy Shotgun / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] AUXBOT_3 Heavy Flamethrower / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 4)
    SIERRA DRONBOT Heavy Machine Gun / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 24)
    BRAWLER (Lieutenant) Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    BRAWLER (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 27)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 12)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 12)
    BASHI BAZOUK Submachine Gun, Chain-colt / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

5. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

You are incorrect. Druze have hackers equipped with the best support skill for a hacker in the current environment, Veteran. They are completely immune to Oblivion.

6. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

From my experience, hacking in Druze is a real valid thing. You can include your hackers wherever you need without taking away important slots, the KHDs can do nearly everything on their own and the repeater-network is already mentioned.

What surprises me a bit: Don't you go with a fully linked Brawler MSR? Even if it goes down in the first order (or if deployed properly) some orders later in the first firefight, the thread to smoke and mimetism-units is quite big.

AssaultUnicorn likes this.
  7. clever handle

but they're not immune to getting blasted with a 3:1 Trinity from my opponent's very first order (to which nobody is really immune... except HI or high BTS hackers...)

8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Doesn't change the fact that they're significantly better than the vast majority of hackers in the game simply by having Veteran, which places them far above considering them "mediocre to poor" hackers as you put it.

They're not the best in the game but they're way better than average.

Space Ranger likes this.
  9. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

They are great for that but I think the best part is pitchers in a team with X-Visors. It also helps they are mostly in forces that can have plenty of orders to do it too. Even Ikari. They can only Haris but that's not bad.

10. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

I've been paying a command token to start in suppression fire, someone like Aida or Peacemaker or Arslan. It helps a lot since Druze is so short on ARO stuff

theresponsibleone likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation