1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kuang Shi Control Device.

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Wikkid Devil, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Wikkid Devil

Wikkid Devil Well-Known Member

Given that the Kuang Shi Control device and the associated skill Detonate Kuang Shi don’t appear on the Celestial Guard Monitor profile, is the only way to detonate the Kiang Shi unconsciousness?

60046479-B3AB-4DBA-8DF9-DD4819A57C8C.png

2. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

3. Wikkid Devil

Wikkid Devil Well-Known Member

So what’s the point of them now, just cheap troops?

4. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

Cheap regular troop with a chain rifle that can Impetuous forward and give explosive hugs. That's pretty good, yeah?

Savnock likes this.
  5. Diphoration

Warcor

5 points regular dogged troopers with chain rifle and the option to explode when you take a wound.

Outside of Splitting your Kuang Shi 1-7 or 2-6 to only explode 1-2, exploding your Kuang Shi via the remote was never the selling point of Kuang Shi.

Savnock likes this.
  6. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

No, but it was hilarious when you could do something useful with it. My highlight of N3 was killing @Polynikes Umbra Samaritan with a detonation, which was also a deliberate scorched earth plan to stop it hoovering up multiple Protheion wounds in my backfield. Also, that was the only time I used that rule...

Savnock likes this.
  7. Diphoration

Warcor

Oh yeah, I'm not saying it wasn't good, it had some amazing uses.

I would always split my Kuang Shi (6 in main group, 2 in second group) so I could detonate only 2.

Best use was moving them next to impersonators and detonating them.

Another use I thought was hilarious is in ITS10 (I think it was 10?) Hunting Party, at the end of your turn 3, Detonate them all and kill your entire army to unglue everyone! :upside_down_face:

Detonate Kuang Shi was very gimmicky, lol.

8. YueFei23

Yeah, I wish I'd had a chance to kill impersonators with it. I always enjoyed arguing the Kuang Shi were a necessary means to an end because they were the only way to counter Speculo Killers without discovering them.

9. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Speaking of lost KS gear, I miss the thing where the Biolocator allowed the unconscious trooper to become a Repeater. Only used it once, but it was damn cool. Be pretty cool to see something like that come back again.

YueFei23 likes this.
  10. YueFei23

Yeah, I used that a few times. If a tag was threatening to run through a choke point and you had a hacker on the table it was pretty great.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation