1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-Standard table size

Discussion in 'Rules' started by BlazyCrane, Jun 17, 2021.

1. BlazyCrane

BlazyCrane Active Member

My play area is setup as 60”x44” table which does not fit Infinities standard table size. Can full games be played say on a 52.5” x 44” setup? It is the same area, and the only rule I can think of it impacting is AD drop/jump deployment.

2. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

If that table is your only option, I would probably keep the table 48" wide and play on a 44x48. For most missions, this would mean using 10" deployment zones. A lot more of the game takes place in the middle of the table than in the back 2", so I would prioritize keeping that the same. That should work for casual play, though it's still not ideal.

QueensGambit likes this.
  3. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

FWIW, I've played on many "oudoorsy" tables where large sections of the borders were effectively off-limits with no problems. It's just that your table will have that permanently.

4. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Going to second the 44x48 and everyone loses2 inches of deployment. It happens but is infrequent for being on the last 2 inches of deployment zone anyways.

5. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

FYI my gaming table doesn't fit 48" either - I originally picked up the 12" map 'tiles' from Micro Art Studio and was playing both wide and narrow versions of a 60" by 36" board setup with some heavy restrictions on deployment zone size. Eventually I came up with a novel solution. Bought a piece of MDF at the Hardware store and had them cut it into two 24"x48" pieces. I gaff-taped them together to make a of foldable (for convenient storage) surface to go on top of my table. The MDF is sturdy enough to handle the fact that it only overhangs the edge of the table by a few inches on each side. Would recommend this as a very easy solution for anyone else with table size restrictions. IMG_4636.jpeg IMG_4637.jpeg IMG_3500 2.jpeg

RolandTHTG, Sabin76 and wes-o-matic like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation