1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sectorial Army Fireteam Overviews

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Tristan228, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Just list the Wildcards in a separate category?

Invincible Army Wildcards
    Chung-Hee Jeong
    Krit Kokram FTO profiles
    Lei Gong
    Tai Sheng
    Qiang Gao
    Haidao
    Hulang FTO profiles
    Shang-Ji
    Yaokong Son-Bae

And to be fair on you, when you started making those charts it made a lot more sense listing everything because Fireteams were a lot more restrictive in the sectorials you started with, with very little of this newfangled Wildcard nonsense.

2. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Sooo, NA2 is now complete as well and Starmada got corrected.
    Well, that means the diarams won't be success in your community :wink:
    You're right. He shouldn't be even called a Wildcard Character then :face_with_rolling_eyes:
    Thanks for pointing out!
    Well, the Units' iconography can be seen literally everywhere thus I wouldn't call this a big obstacle. After all they have to remember which miniature represents the unit and its icon on the table anyways. With an exception for basic the Combined army Remotes. Those are hard to remember and I still can't tell one from another

bkromray and Ugin like this.
  3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Yeah, definitely just a convenient list of all the wildcards for each sectorial would be helpful, whatever the format.

Also agree with @Space Ranger that making Wildcard a skill (and thus filterable in Army) would be a good way to achieve that. Also, generally I think that moving the fireteam composition rules out of the sectorial charts and into the main ruleset would be a positive change, and making Wildcard a skill would be a step in that direction.

Feedback: I do find it a big obstacle to the legibility of the diagrams. I've been playing HB for 3 years, but I don't recognize most of the unit icons. To read the diagrams I have to cross-reference with Army, which kind of defeats the purpose. Printing the names at the bottom of each icon would go a long way.

Pierzasty likes this.
  4. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

You wouldn't even need Wildcard to be a skill to be filterable in the skill column. Firetam (Core) isnt a skill but its there.

Also Can fireteam with current selection under 'Characteristcs' as a filter in army would be cool and very useful.

5. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Great work, this does illustrate so very nice where the current problems with fireteams are. They also reveal problems in sectorial balancing. Corregidors huge wildcard bubble displays one reason why I think they are currently in a very good spot.

Hecaton likes this.
  6. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

LOL, I love Tohaa's "Triad Bubble".
    Back in the day people used to think Tohaa's Triads were difficult to understand because they had so many possible ways to combine. Nowadays it's the simplest Fireteam.

Tristan228 and Pierzasty like this.
  7. Tristan228

Warcor

The Imperial (Secret) Service and the Invincible Army are now available. For Mech.-Eng. Cheong-Hee's Logo I used the same blue hue the Jujaks got in their logo to emphasize his Korean origin (if I'm not totally wrong after reading Betrayal) :)

Oh yes, and I finished the graphic for Kosmoflot. Ariadnan sectorials are nice and easy to do so expect the remaining one to be finished last since I'll use them after the Haqqislam sectorials and MAF as recreational work.
    Too much mixing and matching and therefore very similar fireteam builds in every sector.My personal preference is to have way more rigid fireteams (one LI, one MI and/or one HI core) with a maximum of three Wildcard troopers (max. 1 per fireteam) and a few troopers (e.g. Infinity Spec-Ops, Characters) able to join one or maybe two fireteams if they are no wildcards.
    I'm no madman so I created it to spare me the arrows between every Unit Logo (91 arrows!) :laughing:

#47 Tristan228, Jul 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    zapp and Abrilete like this.
  8. Tristan228

Warcor

Qapu Khalqi, Ramah Taskforce and TAK were added. Both Haqq sectorials turned out to be not as confusing as expected - at least in comparision to MO or SWF :D

And only three sectorials remaining: CHA, USARF and MAF!

Ashtaroth, Ugin, Hecaton and 5 others like this.
  9. Tristan228

Warcor

Well guys... that's it. With the graphics for MAF (on monday), CHA and USARF (just now) uploaded my project is finished. :blush:

Ashtaroth, Abrilete and Ugin like this.
  10. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Huge thumbs up to this remarkable feat.

Tristan228 likes this.
  11. Tristan228

Warcor

Thanks mate! :)

12. Tristan228

Warcor

Spiral Corps got updated to the latest Special Fireteam: Triad rule clarification.

ZlaKhon, Ashtaroth and Delta57Dash like this.
  13. Tristan228

Warcor

The Motorized Bounty Hunters were added to ISS, OSS, DBS, Ikari, Dashit and Tunguska :)

Delta57Dash likes this.
  14. Tristan228

Warcor

Kwon So-Ra got added to the White Banner and the MBH was removed in Ikari due to AVA 1 and no FT: Duo permission there

15. Magekiller

Magekiller New Member

Don't get me wrong I love how you setup the pictures for the fireteams but, I know you have the team for Scareface wrong under the Druze. Scareface can only his sister or a brawler.

16. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

That is both true and false. Scarface can do a Special Duo with Cordelia. Then any wildcard can be part of any fireteam of that sectorial, replacing either member as they both have the FT:Duo skill.

The chart is still wrong, in that it missed the Scarface+Brawler Special Fireteam Duo.

17. Tristan228

Warcor

Thanks for that, I somehow didn't get that fireteam option

18. calza27

calza27 Cold-steel

Looking at Army, scarface doesn't ahve the fireteam: duo skill. Cordelia does. According to the sectorial cahrt for Druze, Cordelia is not listed as being able to form a fireteam duo, and scarface is only listed as being able to form his special fireteam (scarface + cordelia). Army also lists scarface as being able to from a special duo with a brawler.

So I guess the question stands, can cordelia form a fireteam duo (with wildcards) as she has the fireteam duo "skill" listed in army, or can she not because it's not listed on the sectorial chart.

19. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

You are correct. Scarface does not have Duo itself (I thought they both had it). So he can only be joined by a Wildcard unit that does have Duo.

The rule for Wildcard is simply this :
    "When creating a Fireteam that includes Wildcard Troopers, the player must include at least one Trooper from the Units listed for that Fireteam in the Sectorial chart, or a Trooper that counts as a member of one of those Units."

Since Scarface and Cordelia are both listed on the sectorial chart as being able to form a duo (well, a Special Duo); then the wildcard can be included in that Fireteam as long as you include at least one listed trooper (so include one of Scarface or Cordelia).

The rule for Duo is simply that it allows the player to compose a two member fireteam. It is only required that one of the member must have the skill. So ABH+Scarface would work (as well as Arslan+Scarface) but other Wildcards can only go with Cordelia. That makes for a complicated chart!

(The N3 rule for Wildcard also had that the member with the Duo/Haris had to be a listed trooper.)

#59 Robock, Dec 23, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    Abrilete likes this.
  20. calza27

calza27 Cold-steel

Scarface doesn't have the duo skill, and isn't a wildcard, so AFAIK he himself cannot be apart of a fireteam, unless it is one of the specical fireteams mentioned in his profile. Scarface + Cordelia, or Scarface + Brawler. This is different to him being able to form a fireteam duo.

Where wildcards can come into play, is if you were to form a duo with Cordelia and a wildacard unit. But that wuold be Cordelia + (1 of.) Clipper, Valerya, Wolffgang, ABH, or Arslan

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation