1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of Prime Time questions

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Bjorndre, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Bjorndre

Bjorndre New Member

1. In Prime Time you never go to the Infirmary. Does TaoWu's passive ability Phantasmagorical Aura prevent an opponent from drawing a card when he is fragged in Prime Time since the ability specifically refers to the Infirmary but not the Bench?

2. For the Scenario Crow Accumulator, it appears that you can just draw 2 crow from the central deployment zone and stay put. At the end of that character's activation, they can immediately deposit the two crow for 2 VP.

Is this how the scenario is meant to be played? Everyone would just pick two high defence/HP characters to camp the central zone and draw and deposit crow every turn. And because crow gets deposited at the end of activation, you can't even stop them from earning the 2 VP. My group ended up ruling that you had to deposit the crow at one of the other two scoring zones to make it more challenging.

Edit: 3. One more general question. Can you perform an action if it will not have its primary effect? E.g. can I use Bachmann's Innoculate if I have no State tokens on Bachmann, or use Sample if the target has no State tokens on them, just to try and trigger Bachmann's switch and put poison tokens on the target?

Thanks in advance!

#1 Bjorndre, Jun 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  2. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

1. The infirmary is not used in PT. My emphasis on that is that the bench replaces the infirmary to lower downtimes for players (since they only play two Aristos). Therefore there is no official ruling but Taowu in general does not allow to take tactic cards for fragging him and I would keep that (even with bench not being mentioned on the card RAW).

2. Hmm, interesting... I Google translate checked the Spanish version and it is the same. I would play it like your group even if RAW it could be played differently. I would stick to that sentence: "The Scoring Zones chosen by Prime Time allow to score by delivering CROW Substance points."

Because like you said it would be too easy and boring the other way.

Any chance to get an official ruling here? @HellLois @-V-

3. Yes.

#2 HarlequinOfDeath, Jun 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Croepoek likes this.
  3. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Question 1+2 has been answered by @-V-:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2673880/article/37890664#37890664

1. Táowù's Phantasmagorical Aura should be updated to play Prime Time: "Your opponent cannot draw a Tactic when you go to the Bench".

2. You're right. There's an errata there. You may deliver any CROW substance in any of the two chosen Scoring Zones (1-4, 2-5 or 3-6), but not in the Central Zone (A!).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation