1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jingwei Mobile Enforcement Division - 2021/03/22 Full Colour

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Weathercock, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

I'm interested in destroying the fabric of the universe, is that O-Yoroi pose a conversion kit?

Dragonstriker likes this.
  2. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

It definitely makes sense to sculpt the weapons from the Jingwei concept so they fit with the model. I was really suggesting Monstrous Makings as a resource for printers who might like to try out other weapons or convert their own. (Yes there's a dao available on the LE Guijia, but *people* may not want to carve up their LE mini for conversion parts).

Are you planning to do a MK12 for the Jingwei? A Yu Jing multi sniper should be straightforward, but I don't think we've seen a Yu Jing MK12 since the now outdated Karakuri models. You could base it on the MK12 from the new karakuri, which is the Aleph weapon. ISS and Aleph are besties though, so it still works.

3. TheGreg1980

TheGreg1980 Well-Known Member

The O'Yoroi is two sets of arms, you basically smooth the rectangular shoulder mounts on the og model and these just slip on. I will release them soonish, just setting up a gumroad or similar as a repository for downloading.

chappo-industries-oyoroic.jpg

Dragonstriker, Willen and Pierzasty like this.
  4. Pierzasty

Glad to know. Do those two sets mean both main and pilot arms?

Also, do you mind if I modify the files for personal use? You're basing the HMG on the spitfire model I like the least.

5. TheGreg1980

Yeah the baby arms as well, when I put them up I can put up a set without any weapons attached too if that makes it easier?

Pierzasty likes this.
  6. Pierzasty

I'll probably just tweak the gun proportions a bit, but more options are always good!
    And it might help those who'd want a true HMGish HMG instead of the oversized spitfire the original Oyoyoy came with.

7. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I will never be able to read that name properly again.

Pierzasty likes this.
  8. TheGreg1980

Just a teaser shot, a little left on the base pose like the ponytail and tabbard, some details on the baby arms too. I've been crazy busy at work so only getting a little in here and there unfortunately.

20210622_201444.jpg

9. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

It is looking amazing. CanĀ“t wait to see it completed!!

10. TheGreg1980

Light at the end of the tunnel, while I'm working on the alternate weapons this is getting baked together and split for printing

jingwei05.jpg jingwei06.jpg

11. YueFei23

That's pretty impressive and there's no way I could manage a 3d modelling project like this, but something seems really off around the proportions of the shoulders and distance between the two pairs of arms compared to the concept.

12. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

The 3D render is currently missing a set of metal plating that goes between the shoulder and the collarbone plate, you can see it in the concept art and it helps fill the gap between the two parts.

13. YueFei23

It's not just missing plates, I think it's more to do with the proportions of the anatomy of the tag and the pilot.
    • The concept drawing has much more powerful shoulders and upper body. This makes the physique of the 3d version less threatening, especially as the hips seem bulkier than the shoulders.
    • The pilot arms are also positioned much lower down on the concept, which feels like where an S2 pilot would fit.
    • The abdominal plates on the concept drawing cover the lower abdomen, on the 3d render they come up over halfway to the chest.
    The 3d version is pretty damn cool and I'm sure it's been a lot of work, however maybe tweaking a few of these things would capture some more of the dynamism and menace in the concept.

14. TheGreg1980

I did have the pilot arms higher and the abdominal plates closer to the art, but the artist wanted the head of the pilot inline with the round chest port so I had to tweak the armour panels on the abdomen. I had the proportions more inline with the art and he wanted thicker thighs so I had to bulk up the contact points in turn (coincidentally it closer to the Guija now anyway). As for the shoulders looking small, I'll make them a bit larger but they were already too big to rotate in place without clipping the other armour panels when I rotated the shoulder.

15. YueFei23

Well, if you're getting direct feedback from @Weathercock that beats any of mine - I'm sure you'll figure things out.

16. TheGreg1980

Hopefully I'll get the first print out shortly to him and he can check it out in the flesh. I had to use some inspiration from the shang gi and guija around the back and areas unseen on the artwork and profile, I hope he likes it

Willen, Fed4ykin, YueFei23 and 2 others like this.
  17. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I definitely appreciate the effort and detail that's gone into it so far, especially the face plate, there's a lot going on in there.

In general, I tend to be very dry and critical in my artistic examinations and critiques, so take anything below with a grain of salt. Ultimately, this 3D model is your interpretation on the concept.

So, TAG limbs are supposed to be pretty gorilla bulky. And in general, that's sort of the proportions you want to focus on, rather than more true to human. The Jingwei should use the similar proportions as other YJ TAGs, specifically the Blue Wolf (although it's a little bit taller due to the leg design, and the arms are intentionally slightly longer as well). The Jingwei's design as a whole was based on the frame and proportions of the Blue Wolf and Guijia. While the thighs on the Jingwei are supposed to be dummy thicc, the biceps and shoulders should also be quite large (use the Wu Ming for reference in how they should articulate). Similarly, I would make the upper body bulkier as a whole, with the chest projecting further out. Notice the sizeable chest 'bulge' on other YJ TAGs. The chest piece on the Jingwei should basically be the same shape as the Guijia's, just with the weird circular thing (I kind of envisioned it as the control unit for the Kuang Shi). Remember, the head and upper sections of the torso go here, and need a full range of motion inside.

For the head and upper torso, I designed around a much more 'bucket' style approach that is used by the official YJ TAGs. Your adaptation does manage to attach the braid directly to the head, as opposed to the rear armour, but you're running into the same problem I did with my early sketches of making it fit all together with the TAG proportions. TAG backs generally want to lean pretty far back, where the braid kind of gets in the way of that. Going with the 'bucket' design and having the spine move up into the neck through there would allow you to lengthen the head a bit, similar to the Shang Ji back-neck plates, which would allow it to flow more naturally.

I would make the waist shorter, as it looks quite long when you consider that a human is supposed to be inside. Making the waist smaller would not only correct the proportions a bit, but also help to add further exaggeration to the proportions that the current model is missing. A smaller waist would also allow you to get a smaller connecting point to the legs, which should allow you to make the hips less broad (again, see the Guijia).

I'd also suggest upping the curviness on the calves a bit, and maybe bulk up the front plate. Similar to other YJ armour, the upper 'muscle' section of the calf ends fairly abruptly, and doesn't taper down the entire calf. This part was almost copied directly from the Guijia.

[​IMG]

18. TheGreg1980

No probs, if I ever do another pose I will be able to address some of this, once the proportions are set which I showed in April I did the pose, some which determined the placement of the hips which was in turn affected by the rounder thighs which you sketched for me. The chest armour stayed the same as my original proportions as you wanted the pilots head roughly in line with the arc reactor style aperture on his chest. I made sure a human mannequin would fit inside with the arms lining up. The calves I left from my Mowang mostly. The head tail I had to bulk up so its not as fragile and I lowered the collar a bit so his ponytail won't bind if he turns his head. At this stage it's all baked together, as in one solid peice with the feet, arms and ponytail (with a section of head armour attached). I've spent the last few days putting in keys for assembly and magnet holes for the ponytail section and hands so weapons can be changed out.

19. TheGreg1980

inCollage_20210725_112504418.jpg
    Covid is crazy here in Sydney Australia which has reduced some of my print time, I have however done my initial print, 1st revision, 2nd print, minor scale revision and 3rd print which I just cleaned and cured

anaris, Delta57Dash, YueFei23 and 6 others like this.
  20. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Hey, CB, you ever wonder what would probably look great with your new plastic?

Ayaxs, Stuffist, zapp and 8 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation