1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have You been Rem Racing?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Chaserabinov, May 28, 2021.

1. Chaserabinov

Chaserabinov Well-Known Member

Some time has passed since N4 has landed, and in some countries (like here, in Poland) it became feasible to play Infinity without the use of TTS. So I wanted to ask, have You been using Rem Racers in Your lists? If so, what are Your experiences?
    I have yet to try them (that handful of games I played in N4 I was mostly toying with White Banner), but in theory, The hacker/+1BS version for 21 points looks quite interesting. For 5 points more than a regular Zhansi hacker, we get the same WIP, 6 pts more of BTS and a 5% accuracy increase for one remote. Should this boost go to Song Bae, we get 95% accuracy on guided missiles, which are quite nice in this edition. This option also synergies well with the fact, that one needs regular hackers to make all those spotlight rolls, to guide those missiles.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

REM Racer's +1 BS MOD can't be used together with Guided trait, as Guided states you get +6 and no other MODs (other than those specifically calling out Guided, like ECM).

A REM Racer is included in every list I've made with a Weibing, Husong or Yaoxie, though I have a preference for the +1 DAM/WIP. I've been taking this opportunity to explore other factions, though, so haven't been playing vanilla much.

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think the one that provides +1DMG, +1 WIP, and +3 BTS, is the best for most Yu Jing remotes.

This guy makes the Rui Shi fantastic. Damage 15 Spitfire, WIP14 with MSV2!, and then it's now BTS9! All for 1 point more than a Zhanshi. This would also be pretty good on the Lu Duan and Webing. The RS and LD will be fantastic for repeaters because they have more defense with enemy hackers. Then they can be buffed even more if taking EVO.

REM RACER (RemDriver [+1 Dam, +1 WIP, +3 BTS]) Light Shotgun / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 12)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 23)

It's been mentioned by someone before that the racer that gives +9 CC can be pretty fun on the Long Ya.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'd probably max AVA of REM racers almost regardless what AVA that was in several lists. Only one I wouldn't want to bring is the +1BS without hacking...

5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Yeah +1 BS only for 3pts more is not nearly as good as the others I think. Though the hacker is not horrible if you happen to have the points and need a hacker.

6. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

And you get a deployable repeater.
    The +1 Arm +3 PH is fun on a TR bot. You dodge on 13s if they are hitting you with some solid negative mods.

7. Chaserabinov

Chaserabinov Well-Known Member

I stand corrected ;)

8. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

Almost all of my lists in N4 have had some sort of hacker hanging out in the back to hack through repeaters. Though, rather than compare it to the Zhanshi, I would compare it to the Celestial Guard, since that's the other one I would take. In that case, you pay 3 points and lose a point of WIP for 3 BTS and the remote bonus. Then I usually give the +1 BS to a Husong or a Rui Shi.

Ovarall, I would say that it's okay compared to the Celestial Guard hacker. The BTS 6 turns out to be a fairly big deal, since the most common way for opponents to deal with my hacker has been to Trinity it through one of my repeaters. The Rem Racer's BTS of 9 (with firewall) does more to protect it in that case than WIP 14 and lower BTS.

RolandTHTG likes this.
  9. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

I generally include the Zhanying hacker for that job. Sixth Sense is a big deal for screwing up stealthy units sneaking through your repeater net - definitely worth 7 points extra.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation