1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cultural Learnings of Painting for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Nomads

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by burlesford, May 10, 2020.

1. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

@burlesford , this is -definitely- The Way! Really great work on everything in this force, and even the references blend in well.

burlesford likes this.
  2. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

I always saw him as jengo rather than mando since he came out before the tv series

burlesford likes this.
  3. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you!
    I came too late to the game for that. I already saw Mando in him ;) Took the armor from the first episode though, because I sure wouldn't have known how to paint a full Beskar armor XD

Someone who wasn't supposed to be a reference but was immediately identified as Captain Marvel by a friend of mine:

[​IMG]

I had thought about giving her a bit more colors, but the fluff says she's a Securitate officer, so I stuck to my Securitate color scheme for her and gave her a nice olive coat. Also, I must have done something to the pictures – her face doesn't look half as grainy in real life.

wendigo, Wizzy, wisefaiz and 8 others like this.
  4. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Completely forgot that I also finished my second Grenzer :grimacing: Really love the "Come at me, bro" pose. Decided to reduce the orange on the unit even more since it seemed to distract from the rest of the mini.
    [​IMG]

wendigo, Wizzy, wisefaiz and 11 others like this.
  5. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I remember when I opened this thread prettymuch exactly one year ago how I wanted to paint two minis a week. Back then, I quickly realized how impossible that was, since it took me ages to finish a single mini. These days, I only paint during zoom lectures, and yet I'm somehow able to paint at this pace I once dreamed about. Feels nice.
    Here's my Bounty Hunter:
    [​IMG]

Jumara, infyrana, Wizzy and 10 others like this.
  6. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

What are the lectures about?

burlesford likes this.
  7. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

the transitions and color blending is so smooth thanks for sharing

burlesford likes this.
  8. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I'm doing a history major on the side right now, but because of Corona it's all digital. Which means I get to paint while listening as long as I turn my camera off ;)
    Thanks! There's one more I finished last week. My Daktari conversion – thanks to my airbrush taking care of the coat and no big guns with many edge highlights, he was a quick one:

[​IMG]

Jumara, Wizzy, Bors and 10 others like this.
  9. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

More mercenaries! Here's my Black Widow aka Miranda Ashcroft:

[​IMG]

As you can see, I converted her once more from her previous version. The gun simply looked to big on her, and the Katana in her left obstructed her figure too much. Luckily I had a spare old Ninja over (the standing one from N2), whose arms were perfect for her. She only has somewhat big hands now XD

#169 burlesford, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    infyrana, Wizzy, Bors and 6 others like this.
  10. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I don't know what happened to the forum last week, but I'm glad it's back up again.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm approaching the final stages of my Tunguska project. Here's jam-making Heckler Boi — what a challenge (and a treat!) to get the reflections on that thing right. Shamelessly copied it from the studio job and learnt a lot from it.

[​IMG]

infyrana, Modock, Gurutz29 and 12 others like this.
  11. wisefaiz

wisefaiz Well-Known Member

These are so slick. I'm a big fan!

burlesford likes this.
  12. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thanks @wisefaiz! Took a look at your Klingon Morats, those are amazing! Congrats on such a cool idea ;)

Alright guys, home stretch. Four Hollowmen left for my Tunguska. You remember that alternate color scheme for my first Hollowman? I've decided to give a unique scheme to all five of them. Here's the second one:

[​IMG]

wendigo, Wizzy, wisefaiz and 8 others like this.
  13. Wikkid Devil

Wikkid Devil Well-Known Member

Ooh, that's a bit sexy.

14. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Well, let me try to keep the sexiness coming:

[​IMG]

#174 burlesford, May 20, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
    Wizzy, wisefaiz, Modock and 9 others like this.
  15. Wikkid Devil

Yeah baby! Work it!

burlesford likes this.
  16. Wikkid Devil

Deleted double post.

17. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

4/5

[​IMG]

#177 burlesford, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
    wendigo, Wizzy, Oni and 7 others like this.
  18. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Last July, I posted this picture of all my unpainted Tunguska:

[​IMG]

When I looked at that picture last week, it made me pretty nostalgic. So much that was left to do back then! All those unpainted minis!
    Now, almost a year later, I can finally say that I painted all those models. So to add some cheese and celebrate the occasion, I decided to recreate that original group shot:

[​IMG]

As you can see, I sold a handful or so models in the meantime that I felt I didn't need in the end (male Interventor, two Securitate, one Spectr).
    The last missing piece for that shot was the final Hollowman, so let's introduce him quickly, too:

[​IMG]
    With him, first of all, my full 5 man Hollowmen linkteam is complete, all with their own unique color scheme (and one sassy tinbot):

[​IMG]

But most importantly, with him, my Tunguska Sectorial is now complete — or at least everything I own right now is painted. I will probably add the Cheerkillers and the Szalamandra at some point, but only after I have painted everything else I have left.

Of course, by this time, that original tin-filled picture is somewhat obsolete — I added a lot of extra Tunguska to that original bunch. Which means the full Sectorial now actually looks like this:

[​IMG]
    Is this post humble?
    No.
    Does it have to be?
    No.
    I'm fucking proud. When I started this project, I called it "I say Tunguska", and only now I feel I'm saying it right ;) This is 40 models, which doesn't include all the other Nomads I painted in the meantime that aren't Tunguska. After almost a year, I think I deserve to brag a little :D

But while this project may be complete, I'm not fully done here yet. I have another dozen or so Nomad models from Corregidor and Bakunin left. And of course then there's Crimson Stone in August, and a Szally, and a Vostok, and etc. So I don't think I will be done with my Nomads for a good stretch of time.

But I am done with painting yellow-black stripes on bases for a while :P

#178 burlesford, May 23, 2021
    Last edited: May 24, 2021
    infyrana, wendigo, Wizzy and 10 others like this.
  19. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Damn, you know that I really, really like your work. Your tunguska looks absolutely amazing. You have every right to be proud and feel accomplished. You are a gifted painter and I am excited what we might see from you next.
    The hollowmen remind me of the powerrangers somehow with their different colourshemes. ;]

burlesford likes this.
  20. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Goals

burlesford likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation